Fans wake up to Dream World artwork: Kanto, Isshu Pokémon get new artwork

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fans wake up to Dream World artwork: Kanto, Isshu Pokémon get new artwork

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur BulbaBot's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Fans wake up to Dream World artwork: Kanto, Isshu Pokémon get new artwork

Fans wake up to Dream World artwork: Kanto, Isshu Pokémon get new artwork

New artwork for selected Pokémon available in the new Pokémon Dream World has been revealed. The art release accompanies new artwork by Ken Sugimori that was first seen in the latest edition of CoroCoro magazine.

Read more on Bulbanews

Default Re: Fans wake up to Dream World artwork: Kanto, Isshu Pokémon get new artwork

Well, this is very cool, suddenly having a new official drawing style for (soon to be) all Pokémon.
    It's certainly going to take a bit of getting used to though; some Pokémon look really odd in this style (like Zuruggu, for example).

Default Re: Fans wake up to Dream World artwork: Kanto, Isshu Pokémon get new artwork

Will there be both Sugimori art AND Dream World art? D:
    Signature is a WIP for the moment.
    For now, I have claimed: Mewtwo, Member's Card, Wide Lens, Honey Gather, and Psystrike.

Follow 1dbad on Tumblr

I agree that some Pokemon do look odd in the new art and it's so vastly different. I do hope we'll get them for all of them though, and I will be curious to see it. It is very different though. I think I prefer his old style a bit more, actually. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Fairy Red View Post
    Will there be both Sugimori art AND Dream World art? D:
    Yes, we just haven't got much of the Sugimori art yet.

Blog Entries

It reminds me of Pokewake's style, with a few that resemble the anime. Anyone else think that?

D'aw. Game!Pikachu's design gets me every time. It's so adorable..

Follow Daxdiv On Twitter

Most of the Dream World art reminds me of Anime Art, and something I would normally see in any Flash project the official Pokémon flash thing.

Yes, I am THAT gli. :P Gligar13's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Those images remind me of oldschool anime artwork:
    dA::YT::furaffinity::Yes, I DID claim Gligar.

^^^ I like his old art better, and now he seems to be going back to that a little. And these will be easier to trace in art class!
    I claimed Squirtle.

My SoulSilver Info:
    Name: Allan
    Friend Code: 0818 5931 2255

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Why is this treated like some big revelation?

There's always been multiple artwork for Pokemon. Always.

Like the official artwork they use for the Pokemon Center (which Serebii has avatars of, for example), the anime artwork used on the Pokemon Best Wishes site, etc. Kind of surprised that people are acting like this is something new. Considering that the Pokemon on the Dream World site, a flash website, bounce around a bit, obviously they're not going to use static, Sugimori artwork.

I don't know if it's just me, but I think I actually prefer the Dream World art to the standard Sugimori art. It's much more vibrant and matches the anime as well as the games.
    White Team

Surprise! winstein's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

I thought the news meant that there are new Sugimori artwork, but no, there isn't new art, but just the old art. I was a little disappointed... The Dream World art is actually decent; I like them. It may not have every Pokemon in the book, but still, they look fabulous. It needs the Goruggo and Kirikizan lines' art, though.

Thanks for reading.

Blog Entries
    Follow Noivern On Twitter

I think I actually like it. Sort of. It reminds me of the anime in its early days. Still, nothing beats Sugimori's art most of the time. Also, I like Smug... Tsutaaja's art.
    Hey, it's Noivern here. I like Noivern a lot. I like Katy Perry. I want a Hydreigon plushie. Also, I'm a total PC geek.
    Links

Also has a Shiny Zapdos Shinytwo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by winstein View Post
    It needs the Goruggo and Kirikizan lines' art, though.
    Don't forget the Tesshido line, Maggyo, the Meraruba line, Monozu line, Furijio, Kuitaran and Aianto, Kyurem, the Musketeers, the Raijins and the last 3 Event legends...

I would love to see those...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tacit Giga View Post
    Baruchai will not just eat your flesh, as a final insult he will wear your head, and shit in it.

I'm liking the Dream World art, they have those vibrant colors and broad lines. My favorites are Bulbasaur and Pikachu. Having said that, though, it doesn't have the Sugimori feel (not that I expected it to) that the Pokemon Video Game franchise has been known for; they altogether look much more realistic and defined with every detail sharply imprinted in the design. Like some of the other posts here, I'm disappointed that there wasn't any real new Sugimori artwork revealed alongside the DW artwork.

I'll be looking forward to new KS and DW artwork.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)