False copyright claims suspend Chuggaaconroy, others from YouTube: Bulbagarden, affil - Page 2

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: False copyright claims suspend Chuggaaconroy, others from YouTube: Bulbagarden, affil

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

Default Re: False Copyright Claims Suspend Chuggaaconroy, Others from Youtube: Bulbagarden af

Aww Cyber Terrorism. How fun =3

EDIT:
    "Another was taken down by a user who claims ownership over Chuggaaconroy’s voice."

Okay lol. That's awesome.

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur BulbaBot's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default False copyright claims suspend Chuggaaconroy, others from YouTube: Bulbagarden, affil

False copyright claims suspend Chuggaaconroy, others from YouTube: Bulbagarden, affiliates ...

Chuggaaconroy and others who used YouTube to post walkthroughs and other fair-use videos have had their content taken down by vandals filing false copyright infringement reports.

Read more on Bulbanews

Default Re: False copyright claims suspend Chuggaaconroy, others from YouTube: Bulbagarden, a

They did this to Kajetokun too (the guy who made the original Over 9000 video) and they've done NOTHING about it. Youtube's been awful about this and they really need to do more. I suggest taking legal action since these people are not only impersonating others but also claiming objects to be their own that really aren't. You have every right to sue whoever did this.

黒い王様 Archaic's Avatar Webmaster
    Blog Entries
    Follow Archaic On Twitter

Default Re: False Copyright Claims Suspend Chuggaaconroy, Others from Youtube: Bulbagarden af

For some of the people wondering why this is news....

a) Chuggaaconroy was the largest Pokémon (and possibly of all things Nintendo) LPer on Youtube.
    b) Chuggaaconroy is anything but small. He had approx 121,000 subscribers, was the #77 all time most subscribed director, and the #318 most subscribed all time overall.
    c) Chuggaaconroy is an affiliate of Bulbagarden and Bulbapedia, and of the NIWA that we founded, who just finished working on a Crystal LP together with us.
    Last edited by Archaic; 19th July 2010 at 06:06 PM.
    神出鬼没 - shin shutsu ki botsu

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Default Re: False copyright claims suspend Chuggaaconroy, others from YouTube: Bulbagarden, a

Damn trolls. Must be DCMGames again! X(

Blog Entries

If this vigilante group is out to prove the flaws in Youtube's Copyright system...pretty weird idea of pointing out the flaw, by exploiting it. However, it is an effective way.

So in the short term it may seem bad, but if this group's goal is realised, it'll be for good. Also, they can always make new accounts.

Also, if Nintendo find out about this...they could always sue if they wanted to.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu Shoji View Post
    Also, if Nintendo find out about this...they could always sue if they wanted to.
    LMAO How could they sue YouTube because some irrelevant kid got his account suspended playing their games?! That makes 0 sense.
    Former staff member - 2010
    Formerly known as - insomniac
    Competitive Player

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Coco View Post
    LMAO How could they sue YouTube because some irrelevant kid got his account suspended playing their games?! That makes 0 sense.
    About as much sense as this affecting the Pokémon Community in a level that this article is making it out as.

But I meant Nintendo suing those who claim the copyright as their own.

I shot a god Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

*sigh*

Youtube is being stupid again... Oh well, it'll get fixed as always. Though maybe we'll get lucky and GCPM11 gets suspended as well.

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu Shoji View Post
    About as much sense as this affecting the Pokémon Community in a level that this article is making it out as.

But I meant Nintendo suing those who claim the copyright as their own.
    Yes Nintendo could get the trolls in trouble but that's about it really. The most Nintendo will probably do is hear about it any maybe tell Google they had nothing to do with it.

Their accounts will probably be back in the next few days or a week...this has happened before guys...let's not start over-exaggerating this.
    Former staff member - 2010
    Formerly known as - insomniac
    Competitive Player

Blog Entries

But this is BulbaNews, the best Soap on the internet!

But yeah, the accounts will be back, or they'll make new ones. Nothing of interest.

is obsessed with Noivern! Zekurom's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Archaic View Post
    a) Chuggaaconroy was the largest Pokémon (and possibly of all things Nintendo) LPer on Youtube.
    I honestly did not know this. I only found out about him through his Super Mario Sunshine LP. I came to this news article because I noticed his name, and was like, "What? This guy is that notable?"

Quote Originally Posted by Game Maker View Post
    Damn trolls. Must be DCMGames again! X(
    WHAT DOES DCM HAVE TO DO WITH ANY OF THIS T_T
    The word "quadragonal" is the only word with "dragon" in it where "dragon" is not a root word. That makes it awesome.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zekurom View Post
    WHAT DOES DCM HAVE TO DO WITH ANY OF THIS T_T
    DMCGames was a troll that banned a lot of people just a few weeks ago...

...but now I'm sure it's not him...

is obsessed with Noivern! Zekurom's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Game Maker View Post
    DMCGames was a troll that banned a lot of people just a few weeks ago...
    Is it DMC or DCM? Because I'm making a joke about the user on this forum. If it's actually DMC, then the joke is invalid.
    The word "quadragonal" is the only word with "dragon" in it where "dragon" is not a root word. That makes it awesome.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zekurom View Post
    Is it DMC or DCM? Because I'm making a joke about the user on this forum. If it's actually DMC, then the joke is invalid.
    ...I don't really care. He's gone now. He got banned! XD

So if it isn't him again, then no worries. Trolls usually weed themselves out soon. So then we can get this dude unsuspended, like Krobo and Deepercutt!

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast