False copyright claims suspend Chuggaaconroy, others from YouTube: Bulbagarden, affil

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: False copyright claims suspend Chuggaaconroy, others from YouTube: Bulbagarden, affil

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur BulbaBot's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default False Copyright Claims Suspend Chuggaaconroy, Others from Youtube: Bulbagarden affili

False Copyright Claims Suspend Chuggaaconroy, Others from Youtube: Bulbagarden affiliates ...

Chuggaaconroy and others who used YouTube to post walkthroughs and other fair-use videos have had their content taken down by vandals filing false copyright infringement reports.

Read more on Bulbanews

Default Re: False Copyright Claims Suspend Chuggaaconroy, Others from Youtube: Bulbagarden af

Wow, wth...

Thanks.
    [ Rest in Peace, Takeshi Shudo ]

Awesome banner made by BlazaKing EX, thanks:)

Blog Entries

Default Re: False Copyright Claims Suspend Chuggaaconroy, Others from Youtube: Bulbagarden af

Quote Originally Posted by Chebon View Post
    Wow, wth...

Thanks.
    Yeah wth
    Wonder why they did that?

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

*Doesn't actually care about ChuggaaConroy, especially as a guy I now hate was a huge fan of his*

Also, any evidence that these are false claims?

Blog Entries

This copyright bullshit is getting to be a huge problem not only on Youtube, but everywhere else. Shame on the trolls for abusing the system.

@Ryu Shoji: I don't care about him either, but as far as I know, Let's Plays and such are covered under fair use. If they're not then I dunno, but there's plenty of false claims by fake companies taking down popular videos. The problem is terrible. This video explains it to some extent. Oh, and the original was taken down....for A COPYRIGHT VIOLATION.
    Last edited by F-22; 19th July 2010 at 05:34 PM.

Before posting in Battle Strategies, please read the rules and simple questions stickies!

Still rating competitive teams via VM/PM, as well as accepting questions or discussion about battle strategies.
    Pro-tip: Wondercard events can't be shiny unless they're set to be always shiny like PCP.

Blog Entries

Google must be pretty stupid to believe any false attempts...

Blog Entries

Why is this news on here again? How is it relevant to anything in the fandom or the site?
    Former staff member - 2010
    Formerly known as - insomniac
    Competitive Player

Yes, I am THAT gli. :P Gligar13's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It has happened before. LittleKuriboh always gets his vids taken down, even though they are fair use.

There is a flag button. Flag it enough, and it can get taken down. Same with fake claims.
    dA::YT::furaffinity::Yes, I DID claim Gligar.

I won't bite... much. SharKing's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow SharKing On Twitter
    Visit SharKing's Youtube Channel

@Coco: Chuggaaconroy is affiliated with the 'Pedia. That's how.
    This post brought to you by
    SharKing Productions

If you want to battle me, trade with me, or use my Friend Safari in X/Y, my FC is 1220 7381 3516.

I'm not just on BMGf. Check me out on:
    YouTube | Twitter | Smogon Forums | Marriland Forums

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Coco View Post
    Why is this news on here again? How is it relevant to anything in the fandom or the site?
    Because apparently ChuggaaConroy is a God. Although, he has played games to raise money or charity. I agree though, it's nothing big.

Also, another one was an affiliate. So? If the users appeal to Google and prove it was a false claim, then it'll be sorted out. No point in making a big deal over it.

Hyper Satellite Cannon! Bishie Karis-chan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Bishie Karis-chan's Youtube Channel

WHAT!?!? Not Chuggaaconroy! He was the best!

This just goes to show ONCE AGAIN that Youtube's copyright bullcrap is...well, just that. BULLCRAP!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SharKing View Post
    @Coco: Chuggaaconroy is affiliated with the 'Pedia. That's how.
    So? Some kid makes YouTube videos about Pokemon, becomes friends with TTE and suddenly he's news when something happens to his account?

I'm really not liking how everything is suddenly starting to get over-exaggerated.
    Former staff member - 2010
    Formerly known as - insomniac
    Competitive Player

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu Shoji View Post
    Google must be pretty stupid to believe any false attempts...
    Then you must think that Google is retarded as hell. These claims aren't being investigated because Google has no staff for it and they're chicken about lawsuits.

Before posting in Battle Strategies, please read the rules and simple questions stickies!

Still rating competitive teams via VM/PM, as well as accepting questions or discussion about battle strategies.
    Pro-tip: Wondercard events can't be shiny unless they're set to be always shiny like PCP.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by I am not a he View Post
    Then you must think that Google is retarded as hell. You're naive to think these claims are actually being investigated. They're not because they're chicken about lawsuits.
    They'll be investigated if the users of said accounts provide Google with proof that the claims weren't made by the copyright holders.

Who cares anyway? Chugaa will just make another one.

Quote Originally Posted by Coco View Post
    So? Some kid makes YouTube videos about Pokemon, becomes friends with TTE and suddenly he's news when something happens to his account?

I'm really not liking how everything is suddenly starting to get over-exaggerated.
    A few cameras, and this site could be a soap >>

Blog Entries
    Follow TeraDyne On Twitter Add TeraDyne on Facebook
    Visit TeraDyne's Youtube Channel

As someone who's been following the situation, here's what I know:

A group known as "CONJOPI" have been targeting the gaming community for a while. The first target I personally knew about was NintendoCaprisun, then ChuggaaConroy. According to people who have been tracking the suspensions for a while, they're also behind suspensions for gaming ranters such as Big Al and He11sing.

Their supposed "motive" is to force Google\YouTube to change their DMCA\copyright claim system. They've said this themselves, but there seems to be more to it.

Their next target is reportedly Let's Player "HCbailly". This is known because the group has apparently hacked the account "Mrnoobalot1632", though it's not known if that's true.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast