Fairies and the Fairy Type: Why Fairies aren't a bad idea for a type - Page 10
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Fairies and the Fairy Type: Why Fairies aren't a bad idea for a type

Blog Entries

Default Re: Fairies and the Fairy Type: Why Fairies aren't a bad idea for a type

It's not like Tyranitar has any shortage of weaknesses, at least type-wise.

I can maybe see them launching the new type with a pseudo-legendary though, like Dark with Tyranitar.

Though it did take another generation for Metagross, but still I think a really strong Fairy would be very interesting to see despite the inevitable backlash.

フェアリーです~
    (~ O /// O)~

Fairy's FanFiction/FictionPress

Default Re: Fairies and the Fairy Type: Why Fairies aren't a bad idea for a type

A fairy pseudolegend? Sure it's possible, but I'm not sure exactly what.

If Marill can be fairy, it seems that anything is fittable as fairy-type, just put some magic and an angry face on it >.<

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 妖精ちゃん View Post
    I can maybe see them launching the new type with a pseudo-legendary though, like Dark with Tyranitar.

Though it did take another generation for Metagross, but still I think a really strong Fairy would be very interesting to see despite the inevitable backlash.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratelier View Post
    A fairy pseudolegend? Sure it's possible, but I'm not sure exactly what.
    I would LOVE a Fairy type pseudo legend. To be honest, I'm kind of over the whole 'Dragon type pseudo legendary' thing. I think four is enough. We need more pseudos like T-Tar and Metagross. Something with new and innovative type combinations.

*crosses fingers and hopes Noivern isn't Gen VI's pseudo*
    SoulSilver FC: 1334-2716-6164
    Platinum FC: 1591-7683-8872

From Leyend to Myth Infinity Mk-II's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Grass Type Warrior View Post
    I would LOVE a Fairy type pseudo legend. To be honest, I'm kind of over the whole 'Dragon type pseudo legendary' thing. I think four is enough. We need more pseudos like T-Tar and Metagross. Something with new and innovative type combinations.
    And then the pseudo-legendary was Fairy/Dragon...
    Although to be honest I wouldn't mind that one type combination. (I still want an Ice/Steel though... Fairy/Steel? Ice/Fairy?)

Anyways, seeing how they ARE trying to step down Dragon, having just another Dragon pseudo would be pretty silly. (I'm pretty sure Noivern is a relatively early single stage pokémon)
    So I'm going to say there is a good chance we see at least a different type.
    And considering Tyranitar was introduced with the Dark typing, I can easilly see a Fairy.

[/overexposition]

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Kyriaki View Post
    Masuda himself said fairies were added to nerf dragons. It's the truth, so don't complain, dragons. You've had the time of your lives for 15+ years. Let other types get some spotlight
    Not that long honestly. The type really only became a problem starting in 2006, with the whole physical/special split and dragon gaining a HUGE boon in their moves and using that power much more effectively. If dragon were still like it was in Gen(s) 3-1, I would actually be agreeing with the people that say Fairy isn't needed.

But when Gen 4 came around, it was pretty obvious they became dominating, what with Dragons getting banned left and right in the competitive circle due to over-centralizing the metagame. As for in game, its sometimes not really as big an issue. Game Freak balanced it before by making the dragon type not available usually till late in the game or late mid game at best. It would be kinda cool if we get dragon types much earlier now due to better balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Grass Type Warrior View Post
    *crosses fingers and hopes Noivern isn't Gen VI's pseudo*
    Its probably this Gen's Haxorus. A Fairy typed psuedo-legend is exactly one thing thats needed in the metagame. Not to mention its fresh from the usual dragons.

Quote Originally Posted by Infinity Mk-II View Post
    And then the pseudo-legendary was Fairy/Dragon...
    T̶h̶e̶y̶'̶r̶e̶ ̶s̶a̶v̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶c̶o̶m̶b̶o̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶U̶n̶o̶v̶a̶'̶s̶ ̶O̶r̶i̶g̶i̶n̶a̶l̶ ̶D̶r̶a̶g̶o̶n̶ ̶:̶ ̶D̶ ̶K̶e̶e̶p̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶d̶r̶e̶a̶m̶ ̶a̶l̶i̶v̶e̶.̶.̶.̶

Naw, but seriously thats kinda broken especially if Fairy truly is immune to Dragon, meaning Ice (possibly Poison/Steel) as the only super effective attacking types. They should save something like that for legends. I'm really hoping Dragonite doesn't get it, while this might sound strange to some that could easily pass off as one of them Fairy Dragons, but seeing as its powerful enough already, Game Freak's priority needs to stay on balance hopefully.

N set by smalllady
    Ideals/Truth

Blog Entries

A Fairy/Dragon Pokemon won't be too broken to be honest. If the type nerfs dragons, then it would just allow at least one dragon Pokemon to still hold its head up higher then the rest cause its also typed with the said nerfer. Not to mention that Dunsparce's evo is probably gonna be the Fairy/Dragon torch bearer, cause you totally know you want it, and so does GF.
    "Funneh bunneh and the dammut Bahamut go on an adventure!"-Chespin Circa 2009

I sure was funner back then, possibly even stupider....

I agree that a Fairy/Dragon type -- if it's powerful enough, and especially if Fairy is immune to Dragon attacks -- would easily ruin the point of Fairy trying to neutralize Dragon in the first place.

Blog Entries

Follow Kyriaki on Tumblr

We didn't have a Steel legendary or a Dark legendary back in GSC when those two types were introduced. There's always the possibility there won't be a Fairy legendary

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Kyriaki View Post
    We didn't have a Steel legendary or a Dark legendary back in GSC when those two types were introduced. There's always the possibility there won't be a Fairy legendary
    We're talking about a Fairy pseudo-legendary, a la Tyranitar.
    SoulSilver FC: 1334-2716-6164
    Platinum FC: 1591-7683-8872

Yeah, everyone will rip on Fairies until GF drops a three stage Steel/Fairy type that looks like a rip off of Durahan from Monster Rancher. The the metagame will flood with valiant dragonslayers.

I can has evolution?

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910