ExtraLives playing Pokémon marathon for charity: Proceeds will go to Child's Play

Thread: ExtraLives playing Pokémon marathon for charity: Proceeds will go to Child's Play

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur BulbaBot's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default ExtraLives playing Pokémon marathon for charity: Proceeds will go to Child's Play

ExtraLives playing Pokémon marathon for charity: Proceeds will go to Child's Play

ExtraLives, a group of high school students who play video game marathons to raise money for charity, are currently holding a Pokémon marathon. Two teams are competing to see who can first complete Pokémon Red, Gold and Ruby or Blue, Silver and Sapphire, respectively, while asking for monetary donations to Child's Play.

Read more on Bulbanews

Fire Ferrets Forever Mako's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: ExtraLives playing Pokémon marathon for charity: Proceeds will go to Child's Play

I've been watching this on and off for about 15 hours. It's awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariel
    Everyone has had a crush on Hips. :B

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur BulbaBot's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default ExtraLives playing Pokémon marathon for charity: Proceeds will go to Child's Play

ExtraLives, a group of high school students who play video game marathons to raise money for charity, is currently holding a Pokémon marathon. Two teams are competing to see who can first complete Pokémon Red, Gold and Ruby or Blue, Silver and Sapphire, respectively, while asking for monetary donations to Child's Play.

Read more on Bulbanews

Blog Entries

Default Re: ExtraLives playing Pokémon marathon for charity: Proceeds will go to Child's Play

I think they did manage to make their goal in the end. I watched for a little bit yesterday, right about as they ended gold. Looked like fun, but I think it would be hard to play for days on end without any rest.

cheese! Insanish Danish's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Insanish Danish on Tumblr

That's awesome. I wish I could be there. :3
    back to being a non-edible pastry

Blog Entries

Sounds like a great way to raise money. :D

Wait.....Didn't They Did That Last Year Or Two Years Ago?.....

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

No, that was Speed Gamers.

You must be thinking of the guys that attempted to catch 491 pokemon in 72 hours. These guys are just playing to see who could be the first to complete their set of games (Red, Gold, and Ruby; and Blue, Silver, and Sapphire).

Edit: And by complete, I'm assuming they mean beat the elite four.
    Last edited by Jeff; 28th June 2009 at 08:07 AM.

Staff member at The PokéMasters (Forums - Facebook page)
    Joined April 5, 2005