English names of Pokémon and NPCs revealed in CoroCoro announced: Details on new Glob

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 28
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: English names of Pokémon and NPCs revealed in CoroCoro announced: Details on new Glob

  1. #1
    Dreams of electric Bulbasaur BulbaBot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    3,497
    Blog Entries
    47

    Default English names of Pokémon and NPCs revealed in CoroCoro announced: Details on new Glob

    English names of Pokémon and NPCs revealed in CoroCoro announced: Details on new Global Link ...

    The English names of the Pokémon and NPCs that were revealed in CoroCoro have been announced. In addition, information about the new Global Link has been revealed.

    Read more on Bulbanews

  2. #2
    Secret Sword of Justice Kelleo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    2,998
    Add Kelleo on Facebook
    Visit Kelleo's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: English names of Pokémon and NPCs revealed in CoroCoro announced: Details on new

    Ah, I like how they're continuing the tradition of each professor being named for a tree. I always found it to be funny in a good way. lol

    Swirlix is a cute name! I may use this little guy just cause of that.

  3. #3
    Jacen the Robot Floatzel Robo-Floatzel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Sinnoh Region
    Posts
    1,426
    Blog Entries
    2
    Follow Robo-Floatzel On Twitter
    Visit Robo-Floatzel's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: English names of Pokémon and NPCs revealed in CoroCoro announced: Details on new

    I noticed that Yveltal's attack "Death Wing" has been changed to "Oblivion Wing", because of the whole "Never say die" thing 4Kids implanted in the franchises brain at an early age.

    Also, I'm hoping the Photo Shots will allow the player to take pictures of the player and his whole team like in HG/SS rather than just the trainer alone, because that would disappoint me greatly if it was only the trainer.
    Avatar made by MelNathea on DeviantART
    SEA WEASELS: The group for Buizel and Floatzel fans!

    CLICK MY ROBOT POKEMON ARMY OR ELSE!!!!!!
    My DA account

  4. #4
    I poke your snoot UnovaCastaway's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Aspertia City
    Posts
    1,413
    Blog Entries
    66

    Default Re: English names of Pokémon and NPCs revealed in CoroCoro announced: Details on new

    Don't forget Geomancy for Geo Control. Sounds a little too much like "necromancy." I'd also assume that death is more associated with Ghosts anyway.

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    27

    Default Re: English names of Pokémon and NPCs revealed in CoroCoro announced: Details on new

    A lot of the leak information turned out to be true what do ya know?

  6. #6
    Zeb
    Zeb is offline
    making a splash Zeb's Avatar Deputy Head Administrator
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    England
    Posts
    7,802
    Blog Entries
    138

    Follow Zeb on Tumblr

    Default Re: English names of Pokémon and NPCs revealed in CoroCoro announced: Details on new

    Honestly, Xerneas seems far more interesting at this point than Yveltal imo. A deer fairy that represents life and can use geomancy or a big bird that represents destruction and destroys things with a laser beam? I know which I find more interesting anyway.

    Quote Originally Posted by UnovaCastaway View Post
    Don't forget Geomancy for Geo Control. Sounds a little too much like "necromancy." I'd also assume that death is more associated with Ghosts anyway.
    Geomancy is an actual thing and is earth divination. The only part that sounds like necromany is the -mancy suffix, and that just means a form of divination. So necromancy deals with the dead and geomancy deals with the earth.
    Zeb: 0361-6364-1279 | Thunderbolts and Lightningrods!

  7. #7
    Because I like Tophats Tophat Dragoneye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Scandinavia
    Posts
    796
    Blog Entries
    50

    Default Re: English names of Pokémon and NPCs revealed in CoroCoro announced: Details on new

    Why do I have the feeling that the Fairy-type will be both strong and weak against the Dark-type and vice-versa?
    Revolutionaryverse


    Many thanks to Blue Dragon for the signature

    ONE-shot: Forced into Retirement

  8. #8
    Darkness... User_Name's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Hiding in shadows.
    Posts
    1,578
    Blog Entries
    37

    Default Re: English names of Pokémon and NPCs revealed in CoroCoro announced: Details on new

    AUGH, I wish they had kept the name Death Wing....

    Banner made by Sir Caprizant.

  9. #9
    Geek of the Games CynthiaLover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Dating Cynthia
    Posts
    977
    Blog Entries
    14

    Default Re: English names of Pokémon and NPCs revealed in CoroCoro announced: Details on new

    Frankly, I'm not surprised Death Wing was remolded to Oblivion Wing. Typical censorship scenario. Still, it fits the bill either way, though Death Wing did sound more powerful. But whattya gonna do?

    Anyway, I like all the new English names. They really fit the Mons well, though it'll take a little time to memorize them. Pangoro is really awesome. The big tough guy, yet it plays fair and won't tolerate bullying. Boy, wish I had him around during my middle school years. Maybe save me some problems later on.

    Anyway, looking pretty good. Gen VI is really shaping up to beyond expectations.
    Best Game Characters of all Time: Ryu 3, Nina 3, Ryu 2, Nina 2, Rei, Ratchet, Talwyn, Princess Pride, Megaman.EXE, Elecman.EXE, Bass. EXE, Tails, Geo, Sonia, Pit

    Best Anime Characters of all Time: Van, Fiona, Irvine, Cynthia, Yugi, Tea, Joey, Dark Magician Girl, Kuriboh, Yuma, Astral, Number 39: Utopia, May, Inuyasha, Miroku, Sango

    I apply Felix's Law: "Smile, tomorrow could be worse."


  10. #10
    Registered User SamurottMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Swimming to Kalos
    Posts
    115
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: English names of Pokémon and NPCs revealed in CoroCoro announced: Details on new

    Quote Originally Posted by Deitylight View Post
    A lot of the leak information turned out to be true what do ya know?
    Seriously, I'm really surprised that it turned out true! That means we might get a psychic cat, a new Mewtwo form and the starters will be Grass/Dark|Fire/Psychic|Water/Fighting

    Anyway, I like the new pokemon from yesterday and Swirlix is worth training just for the name.x..x.x Is it based on a dog, I think I read something like that?
    YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID!

  11. #11
    Registered User Gordon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    212

    Default Re: English names of Pokémon and NPCs revealed in CoroCoro announced: Details on new

    they should have named him professor mark ruffalo

  12. #12
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    4

    Default Re: English names of Pokémon and NPCs revealed in CoroCoro announced: Details on new

    The name Oblivion Wing sounds a little less cliche to me versus Death Wing. But that's just me.
    And Swirlix is sort of a cute name. :3c


    Quote Originally Posted by Deitylight View Post
    A lot of the leak information turned out to be true what do ya know?
    What leak? o3o
    All I know of is Mr. XY's leak.

  13. #13
    Registered User The Outrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    12,171
    Blog Entries
    951

    Default Re: English names of Pokémon and NPCs revealed in CoroCoro announced: Details on new

    Quote Originally Posted by UnovaCastaway View Post
    Don't forget Geomancy for Geo Control. Sounds a little too much like "necromancy." I'd also assume that death is more associated with Ghosts anyway.
    "Sounds a little too much like necromancy" the same way "anybody" sounds a little too much like "nobody" or "somebody".

    Necromancy is supposedly a magic where one communicates with the dead for the purpose of divination, with the "mancy" meaning "prophecy or divination" so what we have here is Xerneas literally communicating with the earth.

  14. #14
    Why... Cute Charm's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    214

    Default Re: English names of Pokémon and NPCs revealed in CoroCoro announced: Details on new

    Who wants to bet Spritzee will turn into a fairy/ghost flamingo plague doctor?

    Quote Originally Posted by Robo-Floatzel View Post
    I noticed that Yveltal's attack "Death Wing" has been changed to "Oblivion Wing", because of the whole "Never say die" thing 4Kids implanted in the franchises brain at an early age.
    I don't think it was 4Kid's fault that pokemon adapted never say die. They've always had the "never say die" thing in the localization. They started doing the "never say evil" thing after the first gen...but even then I don't think 4Kids had anything to do with that either. I'm pretty sure those two things stem from the fact that once they figured out kids younger than 14 were playing the games they decided to leave stuff like that out.

  15. #15
    Registered User Stratelier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,247

    Default Re: English names of Pokémon and NPCs revealed in CoroCoro announced: Details on new

    Quote Originally Posted by Robo-Floatzel View Post
    Also, I'm hoping the Photo Shots will allow the player to take pictures of the player and his whole team like in HG/SS rather than just the trainer alone, because that would disappoint me greatly if it was only the trainer.
    So far it looks like just the trainer. Remember, to show the team at the same time they need overworld models for all Pokemon in the series....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •