English names of Pokémon and NPCs revealed in CoroCoro announced: Details on new Glob

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: English names of Pokémon and NPCs revealed in CoroCoro announced: Details on new Glob

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur BulbaBot's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default English names of Pokémon and NPCs revealed in CoroCoro announced: Details on new Glob

English names of Pokémon and NPCs revealed in CoroCoro announced: Details on new Global Link ...

The English names of the Pokémon and NPCs that were revealed in CoroCoro have been announced. In addition, information about the new Global Link has been revealed.

Read more on Bulbanews

Add Kelleo on Facebook
    Visit Kelleo's Youtube Channel

Default Re: English names of Pokémon and NPCs revealed in CoroCoro announced: Details on new

Ah, I like how they're continuing the tradition of each professor being named for a tree. I always found it to be funny in a good way. lol

Swirlix is a cute name! I may use this little guy just cause of that.

Jacen the Robot Floatzel Robo-Floatzel's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Robo-Floatzel On Twitter
    Visit Robo-Floatzel's Youtube Channel

Default Re: English names of Pokémon and NPCs revealed in CoroCoro announced: Details on new

I noticed that Yveltal's attack "Death Wing" has been changed to "Oblivion Wing", because of the whole "Never say die" thing 4Kids implanted in the franchises brain at an early age.

Also, I'm hoping the Photo Shots will allow the player to take pictures of the player and his whole team like in HG/SS rather than just the trainer alone, because that would disappoint me greatly if it was only the trainer.
    Avatar made by MelNathea on DeviantART
    SEA WEASELS: The group for Buizel and Floatzel fans!

CLICK MY ROBOT POKEMON ARMY OR ELSE!!!!!!
    My DA account

I poke your snoot UnovaCastaway's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Don't forget Geomancy for Geo Control. Sounds a little too much like "necromancy." I'd also assume that death is more associated with Ghosts anyway.

A lot of the leak information turned out to be true what do ya know?

Zeb
    making a splash Zeb's Avatar Deputy Head Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Zeb on Tumblr

Honestly, Xerneas seems far more interesting at this point than Yveltal imo. A deer fairy that represents life and can use geomancy or a big bird that represents destruction and destroys things with a laser beam? I know which I find more interesting anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by UnovaCastaway View Post
    Don't forget Geomancy for Geo Control. Sounds a little too much like "necromancy." I'd also assume that death is more associated with Ghosts anyway.
    Geomancy is an actual thing and is earth divination. The only part that sounds like necromany is the -mancy suffix, and that just means a form of divination. So necromancy deals with the dead and geomancy deals with the earth.
    Zeb: 0361-6364-1279 | Thunderbolts and Lightningrods!

Because I like Tophats Tophat Dragoneye's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Why do I have the feeling that the Fairy-type will be both strong and weak against the Dark-type and vice-versa?
    Revolutionaryverse

Many thanks to Blue Dragon for the signature

ONE-shot: Forced into Retirement

Blog Entries

AUGH, I wish they had kept the name Death Wing....

Banner made by Sir Caprizant.

Blog Entries

Frankly, I'm not surprised Death Wing was remolded to Oblivion Wing. Typical censorship scenario. Still, it fits the bill either way, though Death Wing did sound more powerful. But whattya gonna do?

Anyway, I like all the new English names. They really fit the Mons well, though it'll take a little time to memorize them. Pangoro is really awesome. The big tough guy, yet it plays fair and won't tolerate bullying. Boy, wish I had him around during my middle school years. Maybe save me some problems later on.

Anyway, looking pretty good. Gen VI is really shaping up to beyond expectations.
    Best Game Characters of all Time: Ryu 3, Nina 3, Ryu 2, Nina 2, Rei, Ratchet, Talwyn, Princess Pride, Megaman.EXE, Elecman.EXE, Bass. EXE, Tails, Geo, Sonia, Pit

Best Anime Characters of all Time: Van, Fiona, Irvine, Cynthia, Yugi, Tea, Joey, Dark Magician Girl, Kuriboh, Yuma, Astral, Number 39: Utopia, May, Inuyasha, Miroku, Sango

I apply Felix's Law: "Smile, tomorrow could be worse."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Deitylight View Post
    Seriously, I'm really surprised that it turned out true! That means we might get a psychic cat, a new Mewtwo form and the starters will be Grass/Dark|Fire/Psychic|Water/Fighting

Anyway, I like the new pokemon from yesterday and Swirlix is worth training just for the name.x..x.x Is it based on a dog, I think I read something like that?
    YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID!

they should have named him professor mark ruffalo

The name Oblivion Wing sounds a little less cliche to me versus Death Wing. But that's just me.
    And Swirlix is sort of a cute name. :3c

Quote Originally Posted by Deitylight View Post
    What leak? o3o
    All I know of is Mr. XY's leak.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by UnovaCastaway View Post
    "Sounds a little too much like necromancy" the same way "anybody" sounds a little too much like "nobody" or "somebody".

Necromancy is supposedly a magic where one communicates with the dead for the purpose of divination, with the "mancy" meaning "prophecy or divination" so what we have here is Xerneas literally communicating with the earth.

Who wants to bet Spritzee will turn into a fairy/ghost flamingo plague doctor?

Quote Originally Posted by Robo-Floatzel View Post
    I noticed that Yveltal's attack "Death Wing" has been changed to "Oblivion Wing", because of the whole "Never say die" thing 4Kids implanted in the franchises brain at an early age.
    I don't think it was 4Kid's fault that pokemon adapted never say die. They've always had the "never say die" thing in the localization. They started doing the "never say evil" thing after the first gen...but even then I don't think 4Kids had anything to do with that either. I'm pretty sure those two things stem from the fact that once they figured out kids younger than 14 were playing the games they decided to leave stuff like that out.

Quote Originally Posted by Robo-Floatzel View Post
    Also, I'm hoping the Photo Shots will allow the player to take pictures of the player and his whole team like in HG/SS rather than just the trainer alone, because that would disappoint me greatly if it was only the trainer.
    So far it looks like just the trainer. Remember, to show the team at the same time they need overworld models for all Pokemon in the series....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast