English names of the new Pokémon from CoroCoro revealed: New trailer now available

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: English names of the new Pokémon from CoroCoro revealed: New trailer now available

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur BulbaBot's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default English names of the new Pokémon from CoroCoro revealed: New trailer now available

English names of the new Pokémon from CoroCoro revealed: New trailer now available

The English names of the new Pokémon that were revealed in CoroCoro Comics have been unveiled. A new trailer featuring the new Pokémon is now available.

Read more on Bulbanews

Default Re: English names of the new Pokémon from CoroCoro revealed: New trailer now availabl

Simultaneous reveal yet again! The simultaneous development is coming along great! I think it's safe to say that for every piece of XY news, we'll get simultaneously! Looking at all the new English screenshoots and information on the American XY site, the American games are already so far along :D
    #PokemonXY 3DS XLs launch September 27th! :D

Default Re: English names of the new Pokémon from CoroCoro revealed: New trailer now availabl

Based on what I've seen in the new trailer, the movement style will be far more than just 8 directions, but will be capable of camera control and complete 3-D movement. so i'm really looking forward to the games release. :D

Hot damn, the game looks frickin' gorgeous in the new trailer.

Blog Entries

I'm utterly amazed at how these games are turning out. These games could be the crowning point of the Pokemon franchise. The ability to move in all directions, camera movement, trainer customization, riding Pokemon, all of this is utterly amazing! GF really outdid themselves here, and it's about time they upped their game (figuratively and literally). While Gen V was brilliant, Gen VI is gonna change the way Pokemon games are made and played. I am so stoked for these games. October can't come fast enough!
    Best Game Characters of all Time: Ryu 3, Nina 3, Ryu 2, Nina 2, Rei, Ratchet, Talwyn, Princess Pride, Megaman.EXE, Elecman.EXE, Bass. EXE, Tails, Geo, Sonia, Pit

Best Anime Characters of all Time: Van, Fiona, Irvine, Cynthia, Yugi, Tea, Joey, Dark Magician Girl, Kuriboh, Yuma, Astral, Number 39: Utopia, May, Inuyasha, Miroku, Sango

I apply Felix's Law: "Smile, tomorrow could be worse."

Blog Entries

I really like how they're handling this generation. With the games to be released worldwide in the same month, it appears as though we don't have to wait quite nearly as long for English information as we once did. The English names are pretty decent, although part of me still wants to call Helioptile by his Japanese name. Just got used to it.

Theme set by Caprizant | Fan of Generation I.

So, any guess as to whether Kalos is supposed to be pronounced kah-los or kay-los?

Blog Entries
    Add Glitchipedia on Facebook

I'd say KAH-lohs, which would be closest to the original Japanese pronunciation.

YouTube projects advertised are in early development and subject to change.

Just don't pronounce it as "callous".
    G50 likes this.

Blog Entries
    Follow Kouzan On Twitter Add Kouzan on Google+
    Follow Kouzan on Tumblr Visit Kouzan's Youtube Channel

Holy wow, the trailer looks amazing all the screenshot really show how beautiful this game's looking so far and the graphics have really improved since the first trailer in January.

Glad they kept Gogoat as is it would of made no sense to me if they changed it.I also like how they basically kept Yancham's name and only changed the Y to a P. Helioptile's gonna get some getting used to.

I like how info's being revealed this generation, it seems with the worldwide release, we can all get info relatively at the same time and making everyone more able to play together. Lastly glad I can customize more than just eyes, skin ,and hair color. I can actually play as the boy without having to wear his hideous outfit. :)

Blog Entries

in Helioptile's page, they mentioned it based on a spotted salamander
    but Helioptile is actually based on a frilled lizard

this was shown in the gameplay while its doing an attack:

Registered User golgothasTerror's Avatar

Walking diagonally? Ugh, Pokemon is ruined forever.

A real monstrosity SnorlaxMonster's Avatar Bulbanews Board of editorsBulbapedia StaffArchives Advisor
    Blog Entries
    Follow SnorlaxMonster On Twitter
    Visit SnorlaxMonster's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by ScatherScyth View Post
    Based on what I've seen in the new trailer, the movement style will be far more than just 8 directions, but will be capable of camera control and complete 3-D movement. so i'm really looking forward to the games release. :D
    Looks like it's 8-directional to me. What seemed to be free movement looks more like Castelia-type grid-based curves.

needs a new avatar Shiny Staraptor's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by golgothasTerror View Post
    Ruined forever is a strong phrase...
    That was the first thing that popped into my head. I'm not a huge fan of diagonal walking either, but I suppose it really doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things.

On topic: Helioptile is a very unique name. I bet it evolves into a fire-type, or at least has some Fire-type moves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neoflare
    star i have your eevee
    Quote Originally Posted by Light Yagami
    IF YOU EVER WANT TO SEE IT AGAIN, COME TO ... AVENUE
    Y Friend Code: 2578-3150-3027

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Staraptor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by golgothasTerror View Post
    Ruined forever is a strong phrase...
    That was the first thing that popped into my head. I'm not a huge fan of diagonal walking either, but I suppose it really doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things.
    I, uh, think he was being facetious. Probably.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast