English-language Diamond, Pearl boxart revealed: Wi-Fi capability in North American v

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: English-language Diamond, Pearl boxart revealed: Wi-Fi capability in North American v

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur BulbaBot's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default English-language Diamond, Pearl boxart revealed: Wi-Fi capability in North American v

Nintendo.com temporarily displayed the English-language boxart of Pokémon Diamond and Pearl today. Wi-Fi capability is confirmed on the box.

Read more on Bulbanews

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Why is Nintendo.com (and Pokemon.com) so moronic enough that they constantly put up new information early and then take it down and pretend it never happened?

They did this with the original AG posters way back in 2002, they did it with the April 22nd date of D/P, and now the boxart.

What kind of morons are they that they continue to make these embarrassing mistakes and think nobody caught them before they took it down? Its really embarrassing for a company like Nintendo.

who drew that ugly thing Porygon's Avatar

To happen that often you'd figure they're doing it intentionally. Maybe they are, to create a stir or something. It really seems too weird for them to make mistakes like that.
    blogosphere

when you need more, have+ bell02+'s Avatar

Sometimes I think its intentional.. part of the viral marketing strategy.

According to Serebii, "Diaruga" is Dialga and "Parukia" is Palkia.

Commence BETTERU jokes.

DOES IT VIA COPY/PASTE Æsahættr's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well it would certainly seem that way. I do not see "All Names are Tentative" at the bottom of the page, nor *'s next to either names, only (TM)'s.

Facebook | Twitter | LJ
    Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor
    One day, I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs, and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.

Ultimate Pokemon Fan! Water Pokémon Master's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Holly Jolly Habunake View Post
    According to Serebii, "Diaruga" is Dialga and "Parukia" is Palkia.

Commence BETTERU jokes.
    Those have always been the names since the official romanizations came out. Serebii does not use the correct names.

Water Pokémon Master

Webmaster of
    [PokéBeach]

I know, but those are the official English names.

LOL, they wrote Proffessor Nanakamado under the screenshot.

Who the hell is proofreading this? XD

Would you like to see my Pokémon?

JAPAN IS AWESOME!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Water Pokémon Master View Post
    Those have always been the names since the official romanizations came out. Serebii does not use the correct names.
    Learn Japanese please. Thank you.

I have provided many examples, here on BMG, and on SPPf, of why we shouldn't follow Official Romanizations as a bible...feel free to search and find them...but my names are NOT incorrect

Quote Originally Posted by Scott85 View Post
    Why is Nintendo.com (and Pokemon.com) so moronic enough that they constantly put up new information early and then take it down and pretend it never happened?

They did this with the original AG posters way back in 2002, they did it with the April 22nd date of D/P, and now the boxart.

What kind of morons are they that they continue to make these embarrassing mistakes and think nobody caught them before they took it down? Its really embarrassing for a company like Nintendo.
    To be fair...the AG Stuff back in 2002 wasnt actually posted on the main page. We gained access to an unprotected folder which contained them.
    Last edited by FabuVinny; 21st January 2007 at 11:21 AM. Reason: merging (there were posts in the middle that have been moved to another thread)
    I own Serebii.net and Serebii Forums, naturally.

Serebii's signature, now un-censored.

The names you use are how you PRONOUNCE the names. They are not how you SPELL them. That is an official truth that has been proven to you many times, sorry to say.

Water Pokémon Master

Webmaster of
    [PokéBeach]

No it isn't WPM...if it was how you pronounce them, it'ld be crazy. This is how they are SPELT in Japanese...and Many times Official Romanisations have lost the meaning behind the names. If you care to look as opposed to being all attempting "high and mighty" and dumb...then you'ld see
    It hasn't been proven to me many times because it hasn't been proven. Get your head out of your ass

1. All the names which would stay the same in English stay the same.
    2. Your spellings have NEVER, EVER been found ANYWHERE official.
    3. http://www.filb.de/content/scans/corocoro/2007-01/Stickers.jpg

*waits for an ignorant response*

EDIT: 4. Oh, and your names don't make any sense. Buizeru? What the fudge is a Buizeru? Buoysel tells us that it is a combination of Buoy and weasel. Buizeru is how the Japanese pronounce it aloud.

Water Pokémon Master

Webmaster of
    [PokéBeach]

I have never said my spellings were official. I have never and would never make that assertion...your first point again...isn't true...Suicune much? And just throwing pictures of official merchandise at me? Wow score! Well done...you're just repeating the same thing over and over...wow you're so good at making a point

So tell me...whats Plusle's Official Japanese Name?

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii
    And just throwing pictures of official merchandise at me? Wow score! Well done...you're just repeating the same thing over and over...wow you're so good at making a point
    You know, you are quite stupid. You've been living in a world where everyone believes you so much for everything that you say that you have learned that you do not need to provide sufficient answers to shut someone up or to prove something. It may work on your members, but not me, or anyone else with a brain.

Yes, it's official merchandise. When something is OFFICIAL like that, it's usually RIGHT - you know, official. Plusle's name was Prasle from long ago - they haven't corrected the name. That CoroCoro page is recent. The Japanese even called Dialga and Palkia those names on the Yahoo site several months ago (it was the names of their images). Dogasu has even told you that you are wrong. nYoo says you are wrong. Bangiras has said you are wrong. Even CORONIS, your own translator, and hot-headed Chris use the correct names that I and every other intelligent person use. These people know, study, and understand Japanese, and you are a British kid. Who's more reliable? Your answers and your names don't make sense. You feed these names to the community, get them wrong, and then they complain when the real names are exposed.

You know, if this was real life and you were in a debate tournament, you would be entertaining the crowd.

Water Pokémon Master

Webmaster of
    [PokéBeach]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast