Earthquake delays international Global Link launch: Nintendo cites "need to conserve
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Earthquake delays international Global Link launch: Nintendo cites "need to conserve

Default Earthquake delays international Global Link launch: Nintendo cites "need to conserve

Earthquake delays international Global Link launch: Nintendo cites "need to conserve ...

The Pokémon Global Link was scheduled to launch on March 30, 2011. As a result of the earthquake in Japan and the need to conserve energy resources, the launch date has been temporarily delayed.

Read more on Bulbanews

Blog Entries

Default Re: Earthquake delays international Global Link launch: Nintendo cites "need to conse

oh no!!! i should've known there will be more delays in more pokemon things..... i do hope everything turns for the better soon
    friendcodes

pearl - 4985 8236 7132
    HG - 2537 1343 0633

Blog Entries
    Follow Soulweaver On Twitter Add Soulweaver on Facebook Add Soulweaver on Google+
    Follow Soulweaver on Tumblr Visit Soulweaver's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Earthquake delays international Global Link launch: Nintendo cites "need to conse

Now that's disappointing, and in my opinion, totally unnecessary.

Former staff member · X Pokédex status (incl. foreign dexes) · Bank Living Dex status · 3DS FC: 4699 6589 8963

Sentinal of Anistar Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

A shame. But I suppose that makes sense. After all, the Global Link is global and run mainly out of Japan.

Happy NintendoDay Europe! Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Add Joshawott on Linkedin Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

Considering that Sony have been outright taking some of their Online Play servers offline to conserve energy, Nintendo have been pretty generous (considering how they easily could have cut off Gen IV Wi-Fi).

Very understandable. Considering the circumstances, I have no right to complain about a delay.

Blog Entries

I was really looking forward to trying Global Link. But if it's absolutely necessary, we have no right to complain. Also, I hope for the best to those affected by the disasters in Japan.
    CLAMIMED: Loves to eat!

Blog Entries

Follow Froakie on Tumblr

Awwwww.. I hope it isn't delayed for too long. I was really excited about that.
    Oh well, I hope everything recovers soon!

A real monstrosity SnorlaxMonster's Avatar Bulbanews Deputy Editor-in-Chief
    Blog Entries
    Follow SnorlaxMonster On Twitter
    Visit SnorlaxMonster's Youtube Channel

I hadn't thought that the recent situation might further delay the Global Link's release, but now it seems obvious.

Humanity's Strongest Shiny Celebi's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

hmm, that must be serious, but its really ok, I undersatand why they need to do it.
    tumblr(not spoiler free)

Aww...if it's for something like this, though, I can understand and wait patiently.

...but 9.0 magnitude? D8; I thought it was 8.9! Did they somehow remeasure the quake, or was there two ginormous earthquakes?

I know I haven't been spotted in a while, but I'm rather stunned by this news.

Honestly, I understand the necessity of conserving energy, and Nintendo has been more than generous with their offerings in the midst of the crisis. I'm actually wondering though why NOA or NOE haven't taken the reigns and set up server farms for the PGL yet. Honestly, at this point it's the next logical step.

But that's just me. I really do feel for the men and women of Japan, and hope that their troubles cease soon. I wouldn't wish something like that on my worst enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by FairyRed View Post
    ...but 9.0 magnitude? D8; I thought it was 8.9! Did they somehow remeasure the quake, or was there two ginormous earthquakes?
    I remember when the report was an 8.6...interesting.
    Last edited by Madrak; 22nd March 2011 at 01:35 PM. Reason: Adding an observation without eating another post.

Blog Entries

Follow Owain on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by FairyRed View Post
    Aww...if it's for something like this, though, I can understand and wait patiently.

[2]
    but i bet they just adjusted for it to be a Rounder number, but Audino...

also, as i'm only getting my game next week, i'm not too bothered by this xP

Blog Entries
    Follow Gwingle On Twitter
    Follow Gwingle on Tumblr Visit Gwingle's Youtube Channel

I can understand the delay, but that really dampens my spirits. :(
    Now what do I have to look forward to?

Honestly, the most annoying part is that they hid the announcement of the delay so well. It was really only chance that I stumbled across it, and no one else seems to have noticed it before me...

Hopefully it's not too long. I can't bring myself to use berries since I won't be able to grow replacements...

Blog Entries

Aw I have to wait longer to grow more berries. Aww!!! I can understand conserving energy but I really need to use Sitrus Berries and Lum Berries

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast