E3 Nintendo Direct reveals masses of information: Fairy type, several new Pokémon, XY

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: E3 Nintendo Direct reveals masses of information: Fairy type, several new Pokémon, XY

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur BulbaBot's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default E3 Nintendo Direct reveals masses of information: Fairy type, several new Pokémon, XY

E3 Nintendo Direct reveals masses of information: Fairy type, several new Pokémon, XY release date

The E3 Nintendo Direct has revealed a mass of new information about Pokémon X and Y. The Fairy type will be introduced as a new type that is super effective against Dragon, the new Pokémon Vivillon and Noivern have been revealed, and Pokémon X and Y have been given an October 12, 2013 release date.

Read more on Bulbanews

is obsessed with Noivern! Zekurom's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: E3 Nintendo Direct reveals masses of information: Fairy type, several new Pokémon

Fairy-type is a larger travesty than Light-type could ever be.
    The word "quadragonal" is the only word with "dragon" in it where "dragon" is not a root word. That makes it awesome.

Default Re: E3 Nintendo Direct reveals masses of information: Fairy type, several new Pokémon

I could think of many types I'd rather have than "Fairy-type"
    Aurorus and Robo-Floatzel like this.

Blog Entries

Interesting......

I'm a bit surprised that they said Jigglypuff is part Fairy type, but not Cle'fairy'.

Quote Originally Posted by Zekurom View Post
    Yes using an ingame term that makes sense is a travesty but making up a type based on nothing but "thereiz dark type so duuuur we nid ligth type!" is not.

Blog Entries

While I'm interested in the Fairy-type stuff, especially since it alters my lovable Gardevoir, it's that bat-like wyvern Noivern that really interests me. It looks so cool, and it's interesting to note that the Flying-type will be the primary type. Sure, it'll have the usual 4x weakness to Ice, but it still looks like an awesome Pokemon. Now I'm gonna have a hard time deciding which Dragon-type is my favorite: Garchomp or Noivern. I guess I'll just have to wait and see what it learns. But either way, Gen VI is shaping up quite nicely.
    Best Game Characters of all Time: Ryu 3, Nina 3, Ryu 2, Nina 2, Rei, Ratchet, Talwyn, Princess Pride, Megaman.EXE, Elecman.EXE, Bass. EXE, Tails, Geo, Sonia, Pit

Best Anime Characters of all Time: Van, Fiona, Irvine, Cynthia, Yugi, Tea, Joey, Dark Magician Girl, Kuriboh, Yuma, Astral, Number 39: Utopia, May, Inuyasha, Miroku, Sango

I apply Felix's Law: "Smile, tomorrow could be worse."

Stars, Rainbows and Stars Chronos's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zoro View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zekurom View Post
    Yes using an ingame term that makes sense is a travesty but making up a type based on nothing but "thereiz dark type so duuuur we nid ligth type!" is not.
    This. Also, it's been explained to death that the Dark-type is more based on "playing dirty" rather than actual darkness. And while I wasn't really too welcoming of the idea of a Fairy-type when it was first talked about, it's grown on me a lot, and I kind of like the idea now. I think this new type will be able to introduce a lot more interesting ideas to Pokemon than a Light-type could. Think about it: a broad array of creatures based on different mythos (gremlins, elves, nymphs, etc.) or Pokemon based on light? Which one sounds more promising?
    Aurorus likes this.

Haters be hatin', as expected whenever something changes in the series.
    Remember back in the days when additions, changes and improvements used to be an awesome thing to look forward to?

I am glad they added a new type, regardless of all the haters complaining about it. As for the choice Fairy, I would have called it Magic, but Fairy works too.

P.S. "Fairy" should be spelled "Faerie".

Add Kelleo on Facebook
    Visit Kelleo's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Venomking View Post
    P.S. "Fairy" should be spelled "Faerie".
    But it's "Fairy" in the trailer. xP

I like that spelling better anyway.

Blog Entries

I'm still reading it at the moment, but my biggest WTF was when I saw Gardevior and Marill being retyped. Gardevior I can kind of understand, but why the hell Marill? Azumarill doesn't resemble a fairy in the slightest.

In general, I'm unhappy with the retypings. I was hoping there wouldn't be any... Can't be helped though.

Theme set by Caprizant | Fan of Generation I.

I know, but the "proper" spelling of it is Faerie.

Don't ask me how I know that.

I know, but the "proper" spelling of it is Faerie.

Don't ask me how I know that.

Add Kelleo on Facebook
    Visit Kelleo's Youtube Channel

It's just the British spelling. Not the proper one. America spells it differently, deal with it.

Why do you think it's the British way? I didn't know that, and I'm the one who said it!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast