E3 conference reveals wealth of information: 3DS, Ranger 3 revealed - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: E3 conference reveals wealth of information: 3DS, Ranger 3 revealed

Blog Entries

Default Re: E3 conference reveals wealth of information: 3DS, Ranger 3 revealed

Quote Originally Posted by alexjuuhh View Post
    I still can't think of how the 3D-thing would work/look like without 3D-glasses :l
    Easy, instead of lame things popping out of your face like a bad 3D movie, I hear its like looking into a window and seeing an actual 3D world, which is what I really wanted it to be in the first place.

Basically, in some of the Iwata Asks segments about the 3DS, they talk about how 3D gaming made a few things a bit difficult due to lack of stereoscopic vision. One of the examples they used was flying through the rings in Starfox, while the one more relevant to me was jumping on the stomps in Mario. Considering how annoying that first world was on Mario 64 in terms of getting the star by getting Chomp to break the cage, I would agree with them on that count.

Basically, it adds to gaming what most people have in real life but not when staring at pictures, stereoscopic vision, so you can judge the distance between your game character and whatever thing its trying to jump onto, hit, run to and so on much better than you would if you were just relying on monocular depth cues such as shading.

Here's a nice read between monocular and binocular depth cues. If what I've heard is right, your basically having stereopsis added.

Hey, just because you can't understand how it would work doesn't mean they didn't do it, considering they actually had the entire conference hall play the 3DS to judge for themselves.

FUCKING NARWHALS BITCH Underscore's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The 3DS is sick and nasty. I'm gettin' black.
    ~~under construction~~

THIS SIG IS A PIECE OF HISTORY

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Outrage View Post
    Easy, instead of lame things popping out of your face like a bad 3D movie, I hear its like looking into a window and seeing an actual 3D world, which is what I really wanted it to be in the first place.
    Which is basically how good modern 3-D movies are made, as well. They'll use the occasional thing to pop out of the screen but, by and large, modern Digital 3-D (when it's used well) gives the screen depth rather than having stuff pop out at you.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

LinkBacks (?)