Dragon Blade/Dragon Blast to be Japan's fifth BW TCG expansion: Dragon type to be fea

Thread: Dragon Blade/Dragon Blast to be Japan's fifth BW TCG expansion: Dragon type to be fea

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur BulbaBot's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Dragon Blade/Dragon Blast to be Japan's fifth BW TCG expansion: Dragon type to be fea

Dragon Blade/Dragon Blast to be Japan's fifth BW TCG expansion: Dragon type to be featured; ...

Japan's fifth BW era TCG expansion has been announced. The set will be split into two subsets, named Dragon Blade and Dragon Blast, that as the names suggest will feature the new Dragon TCG type. The set will release Mar. 16, and will be accompanied by two half decks. The two half decks feature Hydreigon and Garchomp. Additionally, two new Battle Strength Decks will be released in the month of April.

Read more on Bulbanews

I poke your snoot UnovaCastaway's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Dragon Blade/Dragon Blast to be Japan's fifth BW TCG expansion: Dragon type to be

All these years and they're introducing Dragon type cards?

Might as well make all the types separate. I always thought it was weird that the Ghost type cards were Psychic, Ground was Fighting, and Ice was Water.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Dragon Blade/Dragon Blast to be Japan's fifth BW TCG expansion: Dragon type to be

I'm happy EXes are back. Still waiting for my Japanese Full Art Mewtwo EX. Bring out the Toploaders.

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

So Dragon Collection wasn't enough for them to hype Dragon-types?

it is strange, though I can figure why they used Dragon instead of making Ice or Bug or Poison... because Dragon is colourless... which leads to giving the pokemon a different secondary energy on most cards... making it hard to construct a deck with mainly dragon based pokemon.

User who Registered RedSapphire's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow RedSapphire On Twitter
    Visit RedSapphire's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Joshawott View Post
    So Dragon Collection wasn't enough for them to hype Dragon-types?
    Well, considering that the TCG has been around since 1996 in Japan, it kind of makes sense that they make another Dragon-focused set. It would be odd to have only a tiny fraction of the cards be Dragon-type, and then thousands upon thousands of all the other types. Even Darkness and Metal started off with more Pokemon than Dragons are.

Otherwise....Garchomp YES
    Last edited by RedSapphire; 19th December 2011 at 04:24 PM. Reason: Garchomp YES

Blog Entries

Oooo.... I hope they have a Hydreigon-themed deck in the US soon! I'd love to have a Dark-Dragon type deck!

Quote Originally Posted by UnovaCastaway View Post
    All these years and they're introducing Dragon type cards?

Might as well make all the types separate. I always thought it was weird that the Ghost type cards were Psychic, Ground was Fighting, and Ice was Water.
    Yeah. I've always thought it was weird too, especially when they started putting the Poison type with the Psychic type. But if they did make a type for every type, it might be harder to make a deck (with soooooo many choices), although, they could increase the number of cards in a deck or create a separate deck for other cards.

User who Registered RedSapphire's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow RedSapphire On Twitter
    Visit RedSapphire's Youtube Channel

The thing is, a good TCG is not too complicated--the more complicated it is, the less enjoyable, the less easy it is to get into it, the less easy to make decks, etc. So while types have always been "meshed" together since the beginning (like Water and Ice just being "Water" and Psychic, Poison, and Ghost just being "Psychic") in order to make the TCG simpler and therefore easier to work with (and, as most game reviewers would probably agree, "better" overall), the fact that Dragon and Normal are incredibly different in-game, it makes sense that dragons be given their own type in the TCG, instead of continuing to put them with Colorless.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by UnovaCastaway View Post
    Ice was Water.
    Really? Even considering what makes ice, or the large association between water and ice types for many generations?

Moderator Maverick Nate's Avatar Bulbanews Senior WriterBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator

Quote Originally Posted by The Outrage View Post
    Really? Even considering what makes ice, or the large association between water and ice types for many generations?
    The only problem with this is that it makes fire types weak to ice types (who count as water).