Download for Pokémon World Tournament revealed: Tournament to be based on 2012 World

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By GoldChaos

Thread: Download for Pokémon World Tournament revealed: Tournament to be based on 2012 World

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur BulbaBot's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Download for Pokémon World Tournament revealed: Tournament to be based on 2012 World

Download for Pokémon World Tournament revealed: Tournament to be based on 2012 World Championships

The official Japanese website for Pokémon Black and White Versions 2 has announced that there will be a special tournament download for the Pokémon World Tournament in Pokémon Black and White Versions 2, starting June 29, 2012.

Read more on Bulbanews

I poke your snoot UnovaCastaway's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Download for Pokémon World Tournament revealed: Tournament to be based on 2012 Wo

That's pretty cool to give gym leaders teams that were used at the championships IRL.

A better use for wifi than the rumors about certain gym leaders themselves being DLC after that Corocoro issue came out.

Default Re: Download for Pokémon World Tournament revealed: Tournament to be based on 2012 Wo

I want real world champions of world tournaments to get in-game sprites and real teams for battle!

A real monstrosity SnorlaxMonster's Avatar Bulbanews Board of editorsBulbapedia StaffArchives Advisor
    Blog Entries
    Follow SnorlaxMonster On Twitter
    Visit SnorlaxMonster's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by UnovaCastaway View Post
    That's pretty cool to give gym leaders teams that were used at the championships IRL.

A better use for wifi than the rumors about certain gym leaders themselves being DLC after that Corocoro issue came out.
    The teams won't be given to Gym Leaders; a batch of new Trainers will be given them. The Gym Leaders have their own teams.

This has actually been done before, in Pokemon Stadium.

一級空手家! Water Max's Avatar Bulbanews Writer
    Blog Entries
    Follow Water Max On Twitter Add Water Max on Facebook
    Add Water Max on Linkedin Follow Water Max on Tumblr Visit Water Max's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
    I want real world champions of world tournaments to get in-game sprites and real teams for battle!
    That has been confirmed to happen as shown in an IGN article called Special Prize Announced for Pokémon World Championship and I've added this information to the Bulbanews article in an update.
    Staff member of Bulbanews (Writer).
    Original Poster of the Kingdom of Pokémon [v1.5]-[v4].
    I've claimed Cacturne, Suicune, Hustle, Hydro Cannon and Gary.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Water Max View Post
    That has been confirmed to happen as shown in an IGN article called Special Prize Announced for Pokémon World Championship and I've added this information to the Bulbanews article in an update.
    So my guess was right about Game Freak being able to put new sprites in the games...though I had assumed Gym Leaders were being held off and we were going to get redesigns, but this is fine too.

I'm not sure about that. The press release says nothing about putting the actual winners as downloads, only the Pokemon teams they used.

Press release: Crunchyroll - America's Elite Pokémon Players Take On The World In Hawaii

There's probably a way to clarify this, has anyone downloaded what they are distributing for the Japanese games and see if they use new sprites?
    SnorlaxMonster likes this.

LinkBacks (?)

1. 29th June 2012, 04:20 AM