Credits information reveals Misty and Brock in March 7 anime episode: Sableye to appe - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 41
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Credits information reveals Misty and Brock in March 7 anime episode: Sableye to appe

  1. #16
    Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Cambridge, UK
    Posts
    10,986
    Blog Entries
    15
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Credits information reveals Misty and Brock in March 7 anime episode: Sableye to

    Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshawott View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty View Post
    And yet the news editor tweet says, "We'd like to hope there's more though." which tricks people who don't follow the anime that closely into thinking there's a possibility of them showing up.

    If the title was merely "Charizard gets flashbacks of Kanto" it would be less of a big deal. You can see one of the people who responded to that twitter article thought they were appearing. It just seems like non-news to me, Brock appeared in flashbacks when Dawn mentioned him already and nobody announced it back then.
    Saying they'd like there to be more isn't the same as saying that there might be more though. I don't see how it tricks people because it's blatantly an opinion as opposed to fact.
    Isn't a news article supposed to be neutral to favoritism? The editor saying he hopes its more doesn't represent the entire fandom. And I know it's his opinion, but he said, "We hope" instead of "I hope."
    The article is neutral. You suddenly went from talking about a Twitter post to an article.

    Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshawott View Post

    Nowhere has it been said that they will have any kind of substantial appearance at all. So I really don't see what @Serebii; is getting at when he suggests that it's getting a lot of "OMG" attention because really...it isn't.
    Mostly because over the past few days I've been seeing a lot of people excitedly saying "Brock & Misty are coming back" because of the hasty BulbaNewsNow tweet and I've unfortunately had to disappoint them. We have known for weeks that there would be flashbacks in this episode, and the VA list which showed Brock & Misty's VAs had the list of the VAs I mentioned above, meaning the information was there from the get-go.
    Let's be honest, what doesn't the fandom get hopelessly hyped up about? For example, take a look at the current debate about Sylveon's type. Might it have been something noticed and posted in haste by someone on the BulbaNews team? Possibly. However, they've since reiterated via Twitter and this article that the appearance is most likely to merely be in flashbacks.

    To phrase it differently, if you see a problem, what would you guys suggest BulbaNews do about it?

  2. #17
    Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    28,646
    Blog Entries
    49

    Default Re: Credits information reveals Misty and Brock in March 7 anime episode: Sableye to

    I think an article without the title, "Brock and Misty appear in the next episode" would suffice. Given its showing Charizard's major eps in Kanto we're likely to see Koga, Blaine and the Orange Island matches and maybe stuff from Johto or AG.

    If that's the case Gary, May and Max might be in the flashbacks too, given the battles of Charizard vs. Blastoise and Vs. Articuno from AG. The wording makes it sound like the flashbacks are about Ash's travel companions when it's really just showing the major Charizard eps from past series.

  3. #18
    Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Cambridge, UK
    Posts
    10,986
    Blog Entries
    15
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Credits information reveals Misty and Brock in March 7 anime episode: Sableye to

    Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty View Post
    I think an article without the title, "Brock and Misty appear in the next episode" would suffice. Given its showing Charizard's major eps in Kanto we're likely to see Koga, Blaine and the Orange Island matches and maybe stuff from Johto or AG.

    If that's the case Gary, May and Max might be in the flashbacks too, given the battles of Charizard vs. Blastoise and Vs. Articuno from AG. The wording makes it sound like the flashbacks are about Ash's travel companions when it's really just showing the major Charizard eps from past series.
    Which brings us back to this:

    Quote Originally Posted by YamiiDenryuu View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty View Post
    The grand total of 30 seconds of screentime Misty/Brock get in Charizard's flashback sequence is really pointless to say they "have a role" in an episode.
    So you've seen the episode and measured the flashbacks, then? ._.

  4. #19
    Serebii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    899

    Default Re: Credits information reveals Misty and Brock in March 7 anime episode: Sableye to

    Pokémon Smash just confirmed it's in a flashback with a clip of Brock speaking from a flashback to the ep Ash caught Charmander.

    So, yeah.

    Quote Originally Posted by Joshawott View Post
    Let's be honest, what doesn't the fandom get hopelessly hyped up about? For example, take a look at the current debate about Sylveon's type. Might it have been something noticed and posted in haste by someone on the BulbaNews team? Possibly. However, they've since reiterated via Twitter and this article that the appearance is most likely to merely be in flashbacks.

    To phrase it differently, if you see a problem, what would you guys suggest BulbaNews do about it?
    They reiterated it on a different account in a response to somebody else thus limiting the scope of it. People are still believing it.
    The article doesn't help as the title is very misleading by not stating it's a flashback until the second paragraph, though that's more journalistic choice so I can't really go on about that
    I own Serebii.net and Serebii Forums, naturally.



    Serebii's signature, now un-censored.

  5. #20
    A real monstrosity SnorlaxMonster's Avatar Bulbanews Board of editorsBulbapedia StaffArchives Advisor
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,208
    Blog Entries
    3
    Follow SnorlaxMonster On Twitter
    Visit SnorlaxMonster's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Credits information reveals Misty and Brock in March 7 anime episode: Sableye to

    People seem to be unhappy that we provided only the information that was there, and the fandom went on to use it to speculate different things due to us not providing the entire context in a tweet. Short of actually putting the speculation in the tweet, we can't possibly provide the entire context in there (which was one of the reasons I wanted a Bulbanews article written - to clarify the whole context).

    Also, people going off and speculating is good thing, even if they're most likely wrong. It's not like you don't see people speculating about all kinds of other unlikely things, and this should not be an exception.

    Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshawott View Post
    Nowhere has it been said that they will have any kind of substantial appearance at all. So I really don't see what @Serebii; is getting at when he suggests that it's getting a lot of "OMG" attention because really...it isn't.
    Mostly because over the past few days I've been seeing a lot of people excitedly saying "Brock & Misty are coming back" because of the hasty BulbaNewsNow tweet and I've unfortunately had to disappoint them. We have known for weeks that there would be flashbacks in this episode, and the VA list which showed Brock & Misty's VAs had the list of the VAs I mentioned above, meaning the information was there from the get-go.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty View Post
    If the title was merely "Charizard gets flashbacks of Kanto" it would be less of a big deal. You can see one of the people who responded to that twitter article thought they were appearing. It just seems like non-news to me, Brock appeared in flashbacks when Dawn mentioned him already and nobody announced it back then.
    Even Misty appearing in a flashback is news; this hasn't happened since the Advanced Generation anime. And Brock didn't get a speaking role in those flashbacks anyway. "Charizard gets flashbacks of Kanto" is not news, not the point of the article or even in the source (and we don't even know it is Charizard having the flashbacks - it could very well be Ash).

    Any supposed "OMG" attention given was not by Bulbagarden, but by the fandom.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshawott View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty View Post
    And yet the news editor tweet says, "We'd like to hope there's more though." which tricks people who don't follow the anime that closely into thinking there's a possibility of them showing up.

    If the title was merely "Charizard gets flashbacks of Kanto" it would be less of a big deal. You can see one of the people who responded to that twitter article thought they were appearing. It just seems like non-news to me, Brock appeared in flashbacks when Dawn mentioned him already and nobody announced it back then.
    Saying they'd like there to be more isn't the same as saying that there might be more though. I don't see how it tricks people because it's blatantly an opinion as opposed to fact.
    Isn't a news article supposed to be neutral to favoritism? The editor saying he hopes its more doesn't represent the entire fandom. And I know it's his opinion, but he said, "We hope" instead of "I hope."
    Because that wasn't in the news article, or sent from any news account related to Bulbagarden. That was the Bulbagarden account, which is not a news service so there's nothing wrong with it giving out speculation or opinions.

    Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post
    They reiterated it on a different account in a response to somebody else thus limiting the scope of it. People are still believing it.
    The article doesn't help as the title is very misleading by not stating it's a flashback until the second paragraph, though that's more journalistic choice so I can't really go on about that
    It's in the second paragraph because that's not part of the news. The news is that we know they will appear; the additional context is that it is probably a flashback. It would be highly irresponsible journalism to put that it is only a flashback in the title as we don't know that to be the case (even now that we do know that there is a flashback featuring Brock). The title that was ultimately used stated exactly what we knew so bluntly that it would be very difficult to misinterpret: all we knew was that their VAs were credited in the upcoming episode.

    I don't think the title could be any less misleading, as what I'm assuming you want is to put that it is nothing but a flashback there, which is misleading people into thinking we know it will only be a flashback, which we don't.

  6. #21
    Drifter Isaac Gravity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    282

    Default Re: Credits information reveals Misty and Brock in March 7 anime episode: Sableye to

    Quote Originally Posted by Joshawott View Post
    Anyways, I'm more interested about that Sableye. I would like Cilan to catch it; it has been quite a while since he's caught a Pokémon.
    Agreed. I like how the lil' guy is just standing in the background going "don't mind me, just filling up the page for symmetries sake". But seriously Sableye is the one who caught my attention most here.

  7. #22
    Anime Angel InuNaruPokeAlchemist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Knockin on Heavens Door
    Posts
    152

    Default Re: Credits information reveals Misty and Brock in March 7 anime episode: Sableye to

    OMG who cares if it may only be a flashback but MISTY <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

    You guys have now idea how much I have missed her <3

    Signature made by the1stpkmnfan of TheSpeedGamers

  8. #23
    Serebii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    899

    Default Re: Credits information reveals Misty and Brock in March 7 anime episode: Sableye to

    Quote Originally Posted by SnorlaxMonster View Post
    People seem to be unhappy that we provided only the information that was there, and the fandom went on to use it to speculate different things due to us not providing the entire context in a tweet. Short of actually putting the speculation in the tweet, we can't possibly provide the entire context in there (which was one of the reasons I wanted a Bulbanews article written - to clarify the whole context).

    Also, people going off and speculating is good thing, even if they're most likely wrong. It's not like you don't see people speculating about all kinds of other unlikely things, and this should not be an exception.

    Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshawott View Post
    Nowhere has it been said that they will have any kind of substantial appearance at all. So I really don't see what @Serebii; is getting at when he suggests that it's getting a lot of "OMG" attention because really...it isn't.
    Mostly because over the past few days I've been seeing a lot of people excitedly saying "Brock & Misty are coming back" because of the hasty BulbaNewsNow tweet and I've unfortunately had to disappoint them. We have known for weeks that there would be flashbacks in this episode, and the VA list which showed Brock & Misty's VAs had the list of the VAs I mentioned above, meaning the information was there from the get-go.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty View Post
    If the title was merely "Charizard gets flashbacks of Kanto" it would be less of a big deal. You can see one of the people who responded to that twitter article thought they were appearing. It just seems like non-news to me, Brock appeared in flashbacks when Dawn mentioned him already and nobody announced it back then.
    Even Misty appearing in a flashback is news; this hasn't happened since the Advanced Generation anime. And Brock didn't get a speaking role in those flashbacks anyway. "Charizard gets flashbacks of Kanto" is not news, not the point of the article or even in the source (and we don't even know it is Charizard having the flashbacks - it could very well be Ash).

    Any supposed "OMG" attention given was not by Bulbagarden, but by the fandom.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshawott View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty View Post
    And yet the news editor tweet says, "We'd like to hope there's more though." which tricks people who don't follow the anime that closely into thinking there's a possibility of them showing up.

    If the title was merely "Charizard gets flashbacks of Kanto" it would be less of a big deal. You can see one of the people who responded to that twitter article thought they were appearing. It just seems like non-news to me, Brock appeared in flashbacks when Dawn mentioned him already and nobody announced it back then.
    Saying they'd like there to be more isn't the same as saying that there might be more though. I don't see how it tricks people because it's blatantly an opinion as opposed to fact.
    Isn't a news article supposed to be neutral to favoritism? The editor saying he hopes its more doesn't represent the entire fandom. And I know it's his opinion, but he said, "We hope" instead of "I hope."
    Because that wasn't in the news article, or sent from any news account related to Bulbagarden. That was the Bulbagarden account, which is not a news service so there's nothing wrong with it giving out speculation or opinions.

    Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post
    They reiterated it on a different account in a response to somebody else thus limiting the scope of it. People are still believing it.
    The article doesn't help as the title is very misleading by not stating it's a flashback until the second paragraph, though that's more journalistic choice so I can't really go on about that
    It's in the second paragraph because that's not part of the news. The news is that we know they will appear; the additional context is that it is probably a flashback. It would be highly irresponsible journalism to put that it is only a flashback in the title as we don't know that to be the case (even now that we do know that there is a flashback featuring Brock). The title that was ultimately used stated exactly what we knew so bluntly that it would be very difficult to misinterpret: all we knew was that their VAs were credited in the upcoming episode.

    I don't think the title could be any less misleading, as what I'm assuming you want is to put that it is nothing but a flashback there, which is misleading people into thinking we know it will only be a flashback, which we don't.

    The thing is we KNOW it is flashbacks and the VA list with the old VAs including a retired one confirmed it. You say it's the fandom over-reacting? Well that may be the case but with tweets such as "Misty and Brock to appear in BW116" when flashbacks don't normally happen are incredibly misleading considering we had all the information indicating otherwise by then
    I own Serebii.net and Serebii Forums, naturally.



    Serebii's signature, now un-censored.

  9. #24
    A real monstrosity SnorlaxMonster's Avatar Bulbanews Board of editorsBulbapedia StaffArchives Advisor
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,208
    Blog Entries
    3
    Follow SnorlaxMonster On Twitter
    Visit SnorlaxMonster's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Credits information reveals Misty and Brock in March 7 anime episode: Sableye to

    Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post
    The thing is we KNOW it is flashbacks and the VA list with the old VAs including a retired one confirmed it. You say it's the fandom over-reacting? Well that may be the case but with tweets such as "Misty and Brock to appear in BW116" when flashbacks don't normally happen are incredibly misleading considering we had all the information indicating otherwise by then
    We KNOW that there are flashbacks, and now we KNOW that Brock appears at least in a flashback (but not at the time of the tweet anyway, so that shouldn't really apply). We knew there were going to be flashbacks, and having old VAs for that reason is expected. Just because there are flashbacks in an episode in which Misty and Brock appear does not automatically mean that they cannot appear outside of flashbacks. Of course, I'm not expecting them to for the same reasons as you, but what I expect doesn't change the fact that all we know right now is that the two will appear in BW116, which is exactly what the tweet said.

  10. #25
    Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    28,646
    Blog Entries
    49

    Default Re: Credits information reveals Misty and Brock in March 7 anime episode: Sableye to

    Quote Originally Posted by SnorlaxMonster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post
    The thing is we KNOW it is flashbacks and the VA list with the old VAs including a retired one confirmed it. You say it's the fandom over-reacting? Well that may be the case but with tweets such as "Misty and Brock to appear in BW116" when flashbacks don't normally happen are incredibly misleading considering we had all the information indicating otherwise by then
    We KNOW that there are flashbacks, and now we KNOW that Brock appears at least in a flashback (but not at the time of the tweet anyway, so that shouldn't really apply). We knew there were going to be flashbacks, and having old VAs for that reason is expected. Just because there are flashbacks in an episode in which Misty and Brock appear does not automatically mean that they cannot appear outside of flashbacks. Of course, I'm not expecting them to for the same reasons as you, but what I expect doesn't change the fact that all we know right now is that the two will appear in BW116, which is exactly what the tweet said.
    While I personally don't care about this, you pretty much did trick half the Misty fanbase into thinking the character was getting her first appearance in an episode in 7 years since 2005. You check the various twitters/tumblr's around the internet, Misty fans got all hyped up and will be disappointed when her actual appearance is probably 30 seconds long in a flashback sequence.

    But as I said, I couldn't care less myself.

  11. #26
    Time Traveler Silktree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,396
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default Re: Credits information reveals Misty and Brock in March 7 anime episode: Sableye to

    Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty View Post
    But as I said, I couldn't care less myself.
    Obviously.

  12. #27
    My Sword Hand Twitches! Owain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    Genderless
    Location
    Kalos
    Posts
    3,024
    Blog Entries
    67

    Follow Owain on Tumblr

    Default Re: Credits information reveals Misty and Brock in March 7 anime episode: Sableye to

    I think it's beside obvious that it's only a flashback, but I wouldn't fault BNN with it, rather, the wishful thinking of fans who apparently didn't read the whole thing, and now think Misty and Brock are going to travel with the group for some time, or something.

    Point being, everyone should know that, regardless of the title, you need to read the whole thing in order to properly understand it.

  13. #28
    Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    28,646
    Blog Entries
    49

    Default Re: Credits information reveals Misty and Brock in March 7 anime episode: Sableye to

    Quote Originally Posted by Serperior View Post
    I think it's beside obvious that it's only a flashback, but I wouldn't fault BNN with it, rather, the wishful thinking of fans who apparently didn't read the whole thing, and now think Misty and Brock are going to travel with the group for some time, or something.

    Point being, everyone should know that, regardless of the title, you need to read the whole thing in order to properly understand it.
    People jump to conclusions though. I've been reading through Misty fan pages on other forums and they're literally sitting there speculating about Misty returning with a Kingdra or Azumarill like she's actually appearing.

    Given Misty's final episode was AG134, it should have been obvious that she wasn't going to appear in Best Wishes in person, just like she didn't appear in DP at all. This is probably the token Misty reference for the generation much like the lure was in DP.
    Owain likes this.

  14. #29
    Time Traveler Silktree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,396
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default Re: Credits information reveals Misty and Brock in March 7 anime episode: Sableye to

    Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty View Post
    Given Misty's final episode was AG134, it should have been obvious that she wasn't going to appear in Best Wishes in person, just like she didn't appear in DP at all.
    By that logic it should have been obvious that Charizard and Mewtwo weren't going to appear in person, except they are.
    SnorlaxMonster likes this.

  15. #30
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Humilau City
    Posts
    127

    Follow Dragonite Postal Service on Tumblr Follow Dragonite Postal Service on Flickr

    Default Re: Credits information reveals Misty and Brock in March 7 anime episode: Sableye to

    It may be just me but personally I rather see a 30 second flashback of old characters than a whole episode of the current characters.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •