Credits information reveals Misty and Brock in March 7 anime episode: Sableye to appe - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Credits information reveals Misty and Brock in March 7 anime episode: Sableye to appe

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Credits information reveals Misty and Brock in March 7 anime episode: Sableye to

Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshawott View Post
    And yet the news editor tweet says, "We'd like to hope there's more though." which tricks people who don't follow the anime that closely into thinking there's a possibility of them showing up.

If the title was merely "Charizard gets flashbacks of Kanto" it would be less of a big deal. You can see one of the people who responded to that twitter article thought they were appearing. It just seems like non-news to me, Brock appeared in flashbacks when Dawn mentioned him already and nobody announced it back then.
    Saying they'd like there to be more isn't the same as saying that there might be more though. I don't see how it tricks people because it's blatantly an opinion as opposed to fact.
    Isn't a news article supposed to be neutral to favoritism? The editor saying he hopes its more doesn't represent the entire fandom. And I know it's his opinion, but he said, "We hope" instead of "I hope."
    The article is neutral. You suddenly went from talking about a Twitter post to an article.

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post

Nowhere has it been said that they will have any kind of substantial appearance at all. So I really don't see what @Serebii; is getting at when he suggests that it's getting a lot of "OMG" attention because really...it isn't.
    Mostly because over the past few days I've been seeing a lot of people excitedly saying "Brock & Misty are coming back" because of the hasty BulbaNewsNow tweet and I've unfortunately had to disappoint them. We have known for weeks that there would be flashbacks in this episode, and the VA list which showed Brock & Misty's VAs had the list of the VAs I mentioned above, meaning the information was there from the get-go.
    Let's be honest, what doesn't the fandom get hopelessly hyped up about? For example, take a look at the current debate about Sylveon's type. Might it have been something noticed and posted in haste by someone on the BulbaNews team? Possibly. However, they've since reiterated via Twitter and this article that the appearance is most likely to merely be in flashbacks.

To phrase it differently, if you see a problem, what would you guys suggest BulbaNews do about it?

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Credits information reveals Misty and Brock in March 7 anime episode: Sableye to

I think an article without the title, "Brock and Misty appear in the next episode" would suffice. Given its showing Charizard's major eps in Kanto we're likely to see Koga, Blaine and the Orange Island matches and maybe stuff from Johto or AG.

If that's the case Gary, May and Max might be in the flashbacks too, given the battles of Charizard vs. Blastoise and Vs. Articuno from AG. The wording makes it sound like the flashbacks are about Ash's travel companions when it's really just showing the major Charizard eps from past series.

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

I think an article without the title, "Brock and Misty appear in the next episode" would suffice. Given its showing Charizard's major eps in Kanto we're likely to see Koga, Blaine and the Orange Island matches and maybe stuff from Johto or AG.

If that's the case Gary, May and Max might be in the flashbacks too, given the battles of Charizard vs. Blastoise and Vs. Articuno from AG. The wording makes it sound like the flashbacks are about Ash's travel companions when it's really just showing the major Charizard eps from past series.
    Which brings us back to this:

Quote Originally Posted by YamiiDenryuu View Post
    The grand total of 30 seconds of screentime Misty/Brock get in Charizard's flashback sequence is really pointless to say they "have a role" in an episode.
    So you've seen the episode and measured the flashbacks, then? ._.

Pokémon Smash just confirmed it's in a flashback with a clip of Brock speaking from a flashback to the ep Ash caught Charmander.

So, yeah.

Let's be honest, what doesn't the fandom get hopelessly hyped up about? For example, take a look at the current debate about Sylveon's type. Might it have been something noticed and posted in haste by someone on the BulbaNews team? Possibly. However, they've since reiterated via Twitter and this article that the appearance is most likely to merely be in flashbacks.

To phrase it differently, if you see a problem, what would you guys suggest BulbaNews do about it?
    They reiterated it on a different account in a response to somebody else thus limiting the scope of it. People are still believing it.
    The article doesn't help as the title is very misleading by not stating it's a flashback until the second paragraph, though that's more journalistic choice so I can't really go on about that
    I own Serebii.net and Serebii Forums, naturally.

Serebii's signature, now un-censored.

A real monstrosity SnorlaxMonster's Avatar Bulbanews Board of editorsBulbapedia StaffArchives Advisor
    Blog Entries
    Follow SnorlaxMonster On Twitter
    Visit SnorlaxMonster's Youtube Channel

People seem to be unhappy that we provided only the information that was there, and the fandom went on to use it to speculate different things due to us not providing the entire context in a tweet. Short of actually putting the speculation in the tweet, we can't possibly provide the entire context in there (which was one of the reasons I wanted a Bulbanews article written - to clarify the whole context).

Also, people going off and speculating is good thing, even if they're most likely wrong. It's not like you don't see people speculating about all kinds of other unlikely things, and this should not be an exception.

Nowhere has it been said that they will have any kind of substantial appearance at all. So I really don't see what @Serebii; is getting at when he suggests that it's getting a lot of "OMG" attention because really...it isn't.
    Mostly because over the past few days I've been seeing a lot of people excitedly saying "Brock & Misty are coming back" because of the hasty BulbaNewsNow tweet and I've unfortunately had to disappoint them. We have known for weeks that there would be flashbacks in this episode, and the VA list which showed Brock & Misty's VAs had the list of the VAs I mentioned above, meaning the information was there from the get-go.
    If the title was merely "Charizard gets flashbacks of Kanto" it would be less of a big deal. You can see one of the people who responded to that twitter article thought they were appearing. It just seems like non-news to me, Brock appeared in flashbacks when Dawn mentioned him already and nobody announced it back then.
    Even Misty appearing in a flashback is news; this hasn't happened since the Advanced Generation anime. And Brock didn't get a speaking role in those flashbacks anyway. "Charizard gets flashbacks of Kanto" is not news, not the point of the article or even in the source (and we don't even know it is Charizard having the flashbacks - it could very well be Ash).

Any supposed "OMG" attention given was not by Bulbagarden, but by the fandom.

And yet the news editor tweet says, "We'd like to hope there's more though." which tricks people who don't follow the anime that closely into thinking there's a possibility of them showing up.

Saying they'd like there to be more isn't the same as saying that there might be more though. I don't see how it tricks people because it's blatantly an opinion as opposed to fact.
    Isn't a news article supposed to be neutral to favoritism? The editor saying he hopes its more doesn't represent the entire fandom. And I know it's his opinion, but he said, "We hope" instead of "I hope."
    Because that wasn't in the news article, or sent from any news account related to Bulbagarden. That was the Bulbagarden account, which is not a news service so there's nothing wrong with it giving out speculation or opinions.

They reiterated it on a different account in a response to somebody else thus limiting the scope of it. People are still believing it.
    The article doesn't help as the title is very misleading by not stating it's a flashback until the second paragraph, though that's more journalistic choice so I can't really go on about that
    It's in the second paragraph because that's not part of the news. The news is that we know they will appear; the additional context is that it is probably a flashback. It would be highly irresponsible journalism to put that it is only a flashback in the title as we don't know that to be the case (even now that we do know that there is a flashback featuring Brock). The title that was ultimately used stated exactly what we knew so bluntly that it would be very difficult to misinterpret: all we knew was that their VAs were credited in the upcoming episode.

I don't think the title could be any less misleading, as what I'm assuming you want is to put that it is nothing but a flashback there, which is misleading people into thinking we know it will only be a flashback, which we don't.

Anyways, I'm more interested about that Sableye. I would like Cilan to catch it; it has been quite a while since he's caught a Pokémon.
    Agreed. I like how the lil' guy is just standing in the background going "don't mind me, just filling up the page for symmetries sake". But seriously Sableye is the one who caught my attention most here.

Anime Angel InuNaruPokeAlchemist's Avatar

OMG who cares if it may only be a flashback but MISTY <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

You guys have now idea how much I have missed her <3

Signature made by the1stpkmnfan of TheSpeedGamers

Quote Originally Posted by SnorlaxMonster View Post
    People seem to be unhappy that we provided only the information that was there, and the fandom went on to use it to speculate different things due to us not providing the entire context in a tweet. Short of actually putting the speculation in the tweet, we can't possibly provide the entire context in there (which was one of the reasons I wanted a Bulbanews article written - to clarify the whole context).

Also, people going off and speculating is good thing, even if they're most likely wrong. It's not like you don't see people speculating about all kinds of other unlikely things, and this should not be an exception.

Even Misty appearing in a flashback is news; this hasn't happened since the Advanced Generation anime. And Brock didn't get a speaking role in those flashbacks anyway. "Charizard gets flashbacks of Kanto" is not news, not the point of the article or even in the source (and we don't even know it is Charizard having the flashbacks - it could very well be Ash).

Any supposed "OMG" attention given was not by Bulbagarden, but by the fandom.

Because that wasn't in the news article, or sent from any news account related to Bulbagarden. That was the Bulbagarden account, which is not a news service so there's nothing wrong with it giving out speculation or opinions.

It's in the second paragraph because that's not part of the news. The news is that we know they will appear; the additional context is that it is probably a flashback. It would be highly irresponsible journalism to put that it is only a flashback in the title as we don't know that to be the case (even now that we do know that there is a flashback featuring Brock). The title that was ultimately used stated exactly what we knew so bluntly that it would be very difficult to misinterpret: all we knew was that their VAs were credited in the upcoming episode.

I don't think the title could be any less misleading, as what I'm assuming you want is to put that it is nothing but a flashback there, which is misleading people into thinking we know it will only be a flashback, which we don't.

The thing is we KNOW it is flashbacks and the VA list with the old VAs including a retired one confirmed it. You say it's the fandom over-reacting? Well that may be the case but with tweets such as "Misty and Brock to appear in BW116" when flashbacks don't normally happen are incredibly misleading considering we had all the information indicating otherwise by then
    I own Serebii.net and Serebii Forums, naturally.

Serebii's signature, now un-censored.

A real monstrosity SnorlaxMonster's Avatar Bulbanews Board of editorsBulbapedia StaffArchives Advisor
    Blog Entries
    Follow SnorlaxMonster On Twitter
    Visit SnorlaxMonster's Youtube Channel

The thing is we KNOW it is flashbacks and the VA list with the old VAs including a retired one confirmed it. You say it's the fandom over-reacting? Well that may be the case but with tweets such as "Misty and Brock to appear in BW116" when flashbacks don't normally happen are incredibly misleading considering we had all the information indicating otherwise by then
    We KNOW that there are flashbacks, and now we KNOW that Brock appears at least in a flashback (but not at the time of the tweet anyway, so that shouldn't really apply). We knew there were going to be flashbacks, and having old VAs for that reason is expected. Just because there are flashbacks in an episode in which Misty and Brock appear does not automatically mean that they cannot appear outside of flashbacks. Of course, I'm not expecting them to for the same reasons as you, but what I expect doesn't change the fact that all we know right now is that the two will appear in BW116, which is exactly what the tweet said.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SnorlaxMonster View Post
    We KNOW that there are flashbacks, and now we KNOW that Brock appears at least in a flashback (but not at the time of the tweet anyway, so that shouldn't really apply). We knew there were going to be flashbacks, and having old VAs for that reason is expected. Just because there are flashbacks in an episode in which Misty and Brock appear does not automatically mean that they cannot appear outside of flashbacks. Of course, I'm not expecting them to for the same reasons as you, but what I expect doesn't change the fact that all we know right now is that the two will appear in BW116, which is exactly what the tweet said.
    While I personally don't care about this, you pretty much did trick half the Misty fanbase into thinking the character was getting her first appearance in an episode in 7 years since 2005. You check the various twitters/tumblr's around the internet, Misty fans got all hyped up and will be disappointed when her actual appearance is probably 30 seconds long in a flashback sequence.

But as I said, I couldn't care less myself.

Blog Entries

But as I said, I couldn't care less myself.
    Obviously.

Blog Entries

Follow Owain on Tumblr

I think it's beside obvious that it's only a flashback, but I wouldn't fault BNN with it, rather, the wishful thinking of fans who apparently didn't read the whole thing, and now think Misty and Brock are going to travel with the group for some time, or something.

Point being, everyone should know that, regardless of the title, you need to read the whole thing in order to properly understand it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Serperior View Post
    I think it's beside obvious that it's only a flashback, but I wouldn't fault BNN with it, rather, the wishful thinking of fans who apparently didn't read the whole thing, and now think Misty and Brock are going to travel with the group for some time, or something.

Point being, everyone should know that, regardless of the title, you need to read the whole thing in order to properly understand it.
    People jump to conclusions though. I've been reading through Misty fan pages on other forums and they're literally sitting there speculating about Misty returning with a Kingdra or Azumarill like she's actually appearing.

Given Misty's final episode was AG134, it should have been obvious that she wasn't going to appear in Best Wishes in person, just like she didn't appear in DP at all. This is probably the token Misty reference for the generation much like the lure was in DP.
    Owain likes this.

Blog Entries

Given Misty's final episode was AG134, it should have been obvious that she wasn't going to appear in Best Wishes in person, just like she didn't appear in DP at all.
    By that logic it should have been obvious that Charizard and Mewtwo weren't going to appear in person, except they are.
    SnorlaxMonster likes this.

Follow Dragonite Postal Service on Tumblr Follow Dragonite Postal Service on Flickr

It may be just me but personally I rather see a 30 second flashback of old characters than a whole episode of the current characters.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast