Credits information reveals Misty and Brock in March 7 anime episode: Sableye to appe

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Credits information reveals Misty and Brock in March 7 anime episode: Sableye to appe

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur BulbaBot's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Credits information reveals Misty and Brock in March 7 anime episode: Sableye to appe

Credits information reveals Misty and Brock in March 7 anime episode: Sableye to appear in ...

A cast list for the upcoming anime episode BW116 on March 7 includes the voice actors for Brock and Misty in those roles. In addition, a poster for the sixteenth movie has surfaced, which includes Sableye among Ash and his friends' Pokémon.

Read more on Bulbanews

Follow Fandango on Tumblr

Default Re: Credits information reveals Misty and Brock in March 7 anime episode: Sableye to

Eh, who cares about Mi- BROCK? BROCK? YES!

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Credits information reveals Misty and Brock in March 7 anime episode: Sableye to

The grand total of 30 seconds of screentime Misty/Brock get in Charizard's flashback sequence is really pointless to say they "have a role" in an episode. Brock already got two flashbacks when Dawn mentioned him anyway, so its not a big deal.

I wonder if any kids will even recognize Misty, she's been gone for over a decade and hasn't even appeared in an episode since 2005. One brief, "blink and you'll miss it" scene in a flashback sequence from, "Charmander, the Stray Pokemon," isn't a big deal.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty View Post
    The grand total of 30 seconds of screentime Misty/Brock get in Charizard's flashback sequence is really pointless to say they "have a role" in an episode.
    So you've seen the episode and measured the flashbacks, then? ._.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by YamiiDenryuu View Post
    The grand total of 30 seconds of screentime Misty/Brock get in Charizard's flashback sequence is really pointless to say they "have a role" in an episode.
    So you've seen the episode and measured the flashbacks, then? ._.
    Considering how much is happening in the episode there's no reason to think the flashbacks would be more than a minute. This isn't a Kanto flashback episode, the flashbacks are only centering around Charizard's episodes in Kanto.

Surrender now or carry on Bikini Miltank's Avatar Bulbanews Editor-in-Chief
    Blog Entries

The grand total of 30 seconds of screentime Misty/Brock get in Charizard's flashback sequence is really pointless to say they "have a role" in an episode. Brock already got two flashbacks when Dawn mentioned him anyway, so its not a big deal.
    Is this likely to be a big appearance by either character? Almost certainly not, and the article makes that clear. Right now, we just know that both actors are credited for the episode, and that's what we've reported. It would be presumptuous of us to state that we knew precisely what was going to happen.

So perhaps you should refrain from the same declarations. You want to make predictions? Knock yourself out. But the tone you've adopted here, posting as if you've already seen the episode, is extremely trollish and patronizing, and if I see you or anyone else carrying this on, there'll be trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Bikini Miltank View Post
    Is this likely to be a big appearance by either character? Almost certainly not, and the article makes that clear. Right now, we just know that both actors are credited for the episode, and that's what we've reported. It would be presumptuous of us to state that we knew precisely what was going to happen.

So perhaps you should refrain from the same declarations. You want to make predictions? Knock yourself out. But the tone you've adopted here, posting as if you've already seen the episode, is extremely trollish and patronizing, and if I see you or anyone else carrying this on, there'll be trouble.
    Sorry but I have to agree with The Fighting Misty. The VA list showcases many voice actors from years passed, many of whom haven't been in the show for years; one even retired from voice acting a decade ago. They are clearly just appearing in reanimated flashbacks with old audio and that doesn't really warrant the big "OH MY GOD" attention that it is being given
    I own Serebii.net and Serebii Forums, naturally.

Serebii's signature, now un-censored.

Surrender now or carry on Bikini Miltank's Avatar Bulbanews Editor-in-Chief
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post
    that doesn't really warrant the big "OH MY GOD" attention that it is being given
    Hilarious that this is considered "OH MY GOD" attention when the article frankly couldn't be any more low-key if it tried.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bikini Miltank View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post
    that doesn't really warrant the big "OH MY GOD" attention that it is being given
    Hilarious that this is considered "OH MY GOD" attention when the article frankly couldn't be any more low-key if it tried.
    Who broke the news on bulbagarden's twitter? The guy who announced it was making it seem like they were actually appearing.

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

Ladies, ladies, considering the article outright says this:
    Due to the lack of promotion of their appearance and the reappearance of Ash's Charizard in BW116, it is currently expected that Misty and Brock will only appear in flashbacks.
    What's the problem?

Also, @The Fighting Misty; when you say "Bulbagarden's Twitter", looking through the feeds I assume you're referring to BulbaNewsNow? Iirc (and I could be wrong on this, so if any of the news team want to correct me on this, go ahead) - BNN is mainly there to get things out there as soon as they break, whereas the main Bulbapedia and BulbaNews Twitter accounts (and the BulbaNews site) are there for more accurate information which has been confirmed, reviewed and edited, hence this tweet from the Bulbagarden Twitter:
    @wilsongavin107 All that can be confirmed at this stage is that they appear.
    And this one:
    @PokeZoomDotCom @heyitsmaritza At this stage, all that's known is that the VA's are credited. We'd like to hope it's more though.
    Nowhere has it been said that they will have any kind of substantial appearance at all. So I really don't see what @Serebii; is getting at when he suggests that it's getting a lot of "OMG" attention because really...it isn't.

Anyways, I'm more interested about that Sableye. I would like Cilan to catch it; it has been quite a while since he's caught a Pokémon.

Blog Entries

And yet the news editor tweet says, "We'd like to hope there's more though." which tricks people who don't follow the anime that closely into thinking there's a possibility of them showing up.

If the title was merely "Charizard gets flashbacks of Kanto" it would be less of a big deal. You can see one of the people who responded to that twitter article thought they were appearing. It just seems like non-news to me, Brock appeared in flashbacks when Dawn mentioned him already and nobody announced it back then.

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

And yet the news editor tweet says, "We'd like to hope there's more though." which tricks people who don't follow the anime that closely into thinking there's a possibility of them showing up.

If the title was merely "Charizard gets flashbacks of Kanto" it would be less of a big deal. You can see one of the people who responded to that twitter article thought they were appearing. It just seems like non-news to me, Brock appeared in flashbacks when Dawn mentioned him already and nobody announced it back then.
    Saying they'd like there to be more isn't the same as saying that there might be more though. I don't see how it tricks people because it's blatantly an opinion as opposed to fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshawott View Post

Nowhere has it been said that they will have any kind of substantial appearance at all. So I really don't see what @Serebii; is getting at when he suggests that it's getting a lot of "OMG" attention because really...it isn't.
    Mostly because over the past few days I've been seeing a lot of people excitedly saying "Brock & Misty are coming back" because of the hasty BulbaNewsNow tweet and I've unfortunately had to disappoint them. We have known for weeks that there would be flashbacks in this episode, and the VA list which showed Brock & Misty's VAs had the list of the VAs I mentioned above, meaning the information was there from the get-go.
    I own Serebii.net and Serebii Forums, naturally.

Serebii's signature, now un-censored.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Joshawott View Post

Saying they'd like there to be more isn't the same as saying that there might be more though. I don't see how it tricks people because it's blatantly an opinion as opposed to fact.
    Isn't a news article supposed to be neutral to favoritism? The editor saying he hopes its more doesn't represent the entire fandom. And I know it's his opinion, but he said, "We hope" instead of "I hope."

Blog Entries

"We" clearly refers to BNN, the group behind the tweets.
    Owain likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast