CoroCoro Special reveals Combination Techniques: Bimonthly magazine showcases Black a

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CoroCoro Special reveals Combination Techniques: Bimonthly magazine showcases Black a

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur BulbaBot's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default CoroCoro Special reveals Combination Techniques: Bimonthly magazine showcases Black a

CoroCoro Special reveals Combination Techniques: Bimonthly magazine showcases Black and White ...

Information from the October 2010 issue of CoroCoro Special have begun to leak. The bimonthly extension of CoroCoro confirms a rumored feature called Combination Techniques. Certain attacks, such as the Generation V starters' signature moves Oath of Grass, Oath of Fire, and Oath of Water, can be paired with another to create certain effects during double or triple battles, similar to how Pokémon Contests work in the anime.

Read more on Bulbanews

Blog Entries

Default Re: CoroCoro Special reveals Combination Techniques: Bimonthly magazine showcases Bla

YES! I have been waiting for this for ages, and its finally been revealed!

Default Re: CoroCoro Special reveals Combination Techniques: Bimonthly magazine showcases Bla

Darn, kinda bummed about this actually. Oh well, maybe it will blow my mind and be awesome (hopes)

This is actually super awesome. They are obviously trying to make the games more realistic/more like the anime. If you use a certain water attack and electric attack together, it will destroy Pokemon. But this begs the question: why won't all or most attacks work together? Why do Oath of Fire and Grass make a sea of fire and not flame thrower and grass knot? Maybe thats not a good example but back to water and electricity: why won't they all work well together? Why do I get the feeling that only knew moves will gain this effect? Will all the old moves be left in the dust (assuming that most battles are triple battles)?

Edit:

Triple Finish...?

YES! I wanted this too happen extremely badly, so I'm really excited! Can't wait to see what other moves can be combined!
    Visit my DeviantART Page!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonhelm View Post
    Triple Finish...?
    That would be epic!

Blog Entries

Am I the only one who finds this rather stupid? I suppose this is trying to attract interest in doubles/triples because nobody plays them outside of VGC.

Before posting in Battle Strategies, please read the rules and simple questions stickies!

Still rating competitive teams via VM/PM, as well as accepting questions or discussion about battle strategies.
    Pro-tip: Wondercard events can't be shiny unless they're set to be always shiny like PCP.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by I am not a he View Post
    Am I the only one who finds this rather stupid? I suppose this is trying to attract interest in doubles/triples because nobody plays them outside of VGC.
    Yeah basically what I was going to say. I hope Nintendo spent time on the move tutors and breeding because that's really what I want improved, not some bullshit I'm going to use a few times in-game.
    Former staff member - 2010
    Formerly known as - insomniac
    Competitive Player

It's about time they buffered Double Battles, and now Triples Battles, even more. I had the feeling that they were so focused on the single battle aspect that the other kinds of fights were being phased away.

Not only is this a smart move concerning the new Triple Battle features, it seems appropriate along side some other decisions that will be made in B&W:

- Wild Double Battles are now possible.
    - You have 2 rivals, opening up the gateway for Triple Battle skirmishes.
    V Faction: Bulbatized

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3136 - 6603 - 1330

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by V Faction View Post
    It's about time they buffered Double Battles, and now Triples Battles, even more. I had the feeling that they were so focused on the single battle aspect that the other kinds of fights were being phased away.
    Agreed, V. The revelation of triples battles at first disappointed me, but all these new features and updates have left me more excited for them than I ever was for Double Battles - and luckily, they even get an update too.

Even those less excited for triple battles shouldn't worry too much. GameFreak has never gone through a new generation without introducing some sort of update for single battles. And even if the core mechanics don't change whatsoever, we'll undoubtedly get tons of new Egg and Move Tutor moves.
    3DS FC: 1203-9389-8130

Blog Entries

- You have 2 rivals, opening up the gateway for Triple Battle skirmishes.
    Black AND Cheren AND Bel

VS.

[insert Plasma Admin here] AND [insert Plasma Boss here] AND [insert Plasma Admin here]

Oh hell yes.

"Harumpf! I do say, THIS counterfeit was more impressive than THAT counterfeit!"

More like vs. Cynthia, Steven, and Lance, m-i-rite?
    V Faction: Bulbatized

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3136 - 6603 - 1330

Blog Entries

I'm more sceptical about this than sceptical hippo was sceptical about everything.

Admittedly, those effects DO sound balanced and quite niche. But the whole idea seems very cryptic, involved and confusing to me. I don't know whether I like the idea of it or not yet. Plus, 'Oath of Grass'? Are we serious?

Blog Entries

More like vs. Cynthia, Steven, and Lance, m-i-rite?
    I'd rather save Steven for a Double Battle with Wallace.

"Harumpf! I do say, THIS counterfeit was more impressive than THAT counterfeit!"

Blog Entries

It makes sense imo. Didn't they have attack combinations in the RSE contests? Not sure about DPPt ones as I didn't bother with them.
    → 2624 0583 5456 → 4814 4916 7157

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast