CoroCoro reveals both Mega Charizard-EX: As well as a new Tool, Protect Cube

Thread: CoroCoro reveals both Mega Charizard-EX: As well as a new Tool, Protect Cube

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur BulbaBot's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default CoroCoro reveals both Mega Charizard-EX: As well as a new Tool, Protect Cube

CoroCoro reveals both Mega Charizard-EX: As well as a new Tool, Protect Cube

The upcoming issue of CoroCoro details Wild Blaze's feature: Mega Charizard-EX. This Mega Charizard-EX will be Dragon type, and has an attack that does 300 damage! Additionally revealed is the Fire type Mega Charizard-EX from the Mega Battle Deck that also has an attack that does 300 damage. Wild Blaze will also feature a new Pokémon Tool card, Protect Cube. The set will be released March 15, 2014

Read more on Bulbanews

I won't bite... much. SharKing's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow SharKing On Twitter
    Visit SharKing's Youtube Channel

Default Re: CoroCoro reveals both Mega Charizard-EX: As well as a new Tool, Protect Cube

These two are certainly crazy on the attacks, but then again, I guess that's always been Charizard's style in the TCG. 5-Energy attacks that basically nothing can survive without Safeguard... ouch.

If you ask me, Mega Charizard X kinda kills itself here with Wild Blaze's side effect making you discard 5 cards from your own deck. Destroying your own deck that quickly can make this card more trouble than it's worth. Add to that the awkward Darkness Energy requirement and that painful 3-Energy Retreat Cost... yeah, I don't see this getting a lot of competitive play, if any.

Mega Charizard Y, on the other hand, actually looks kinda sustainable, particularly in an Emboar deck. You can completely ignore the recoil damage with that Protect Cube and take advantage of that beautiful 220 HP; it isn't in dire need of a Float Stone with just a 1-Energy Retreat Cost, and with that kind of power behind Crimson Dive, it certainly doesn't need a Muscle Band. I can see this being the heavy hitter behind Emboar decks, like a more extreme version of Black Kyurem EX in Blastoise decks.
    Last edited by SharKing; 13th February 2014 at 02:02 PM.
    This post brought to you by
    SharKing Productions

If you want to battle me, trade with me, or use my Friend Safari in X/Y, my FC is 1220 7381 3516.

I'm not just on BMGf. Check me out on:
    YouTube | Twitter | Smogon Forums | Marriland Forums

Blog Entries

Default Re: CoroCoro reveals both Mega Charizard-EX: As well as a new Tool, Protect Cube

I miss when the TCG wasn't full of OP cards.

Proud claimer of Sylveon, She is a sneaky Magician who
    loves to pounce out of nowhere and Nuzzle me!
    ♡♥♡5 Signatures! Only 499,995 to go!♡♥♡
    US EBAY SELLERS BEWARE!

CAPTAIN OF THE STRAW HATS MONKEY.D.LUFFY's Avatar

whoa how come the attacks go soooooooo high ??? its kinda shocking
    i look at the pokemon cards i have since i was a kid and it says 30 - 120 attack lol