CoroCoro August issue reveals 'Genesect': No. 649 has finally arrived - Page 3

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: CoroCoro August issue reveals 'Genesect': No. 649 has finally arrived

Blog Entries

Default Re: CoroCoro August issue reveals 'Genesect': No. 649 has finally arrived

@Joshawott;
    Both Zorua and Zoroark managed to get 'distributed' to B/W via Gen IV events. Next year's movie doesn't even need to be a Gen VI movie, but simply a Gen V movie with a Gen VI Pokemon to promote the next generation, just as many movies have been before it. I don't see why the events now, as they are unfolding, means that Gen VI will be released earlier than the movie at all.

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

Default Re: CoroCoro August issue reveals 'Genesect': No. 649 has finally arrived

Quote Originally Posted by The Outrage View Post
    @Joshawott;
    Both Zorua and Zoroark managed to get 'distributed' to B/W via Gen IV events. Next year's movie doesn't even need to be a Gen VI movie, but simply a Gen V movie with a Gen VI Pokemon to promote the next generation, just as many movies have been before it. I don't see why the events now, as they are unfolding, means that Gen VI will be released earlier than the movie at all.
    And that fits with the 2nd and 3rd options I posted. I didn't order them in terms of which I think is most likely, just in the order I thought of them. As I stated then, I believe that B2W2's June release was merely to allow an international release to also be in 2012, so I think it would be unlikely to see an earlier release for Gen VI, but I also wouldn't completely rule out the possibility.

Blog Entries
    Follow Takoto On Twitter
    Follow Takoto on Tumblr

Aaaah I'm super happy about this. Genesect has an awesome design and an interesting story to it... I hope the event comes to the U.S./U.K. after B2W2's release in the West. Same with Meloetta and Keldeo.
    It strikes me as odd they'd announce Genesect in August, but, I guess, August will be after the Keldeo movie has been released in theatres. Maybe they're going to try to market the next movie (the Genesect movie) as like, an epic must-see or something so they want to reveal Genesect early... I dunno. I'll stop rambling now.

~Giovanni Fan|★|Silver Fan~
    ★ An Illustration student from the UK; with a particular love of black tea, cats, deer, jellyfish, octopus, moths and the colour purple ★
    ♥ Umbreon, Gardevoir, Drifloon, Joltik, Gengar, Malamar ♥ Mewtwo, Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Darkrai, Xerneas ♥
    ~ DeviantArtTwitterTumblr ~

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Joshawott View Post
    Guys, you do know that with the advent of DLC on the 3DS, this could very well be the very last time a Pokémon is revealed that we've previously known about?
    Been saying it all gen that we're in for a rude awakening next gen.
    I think people would start getting bored with me saying "Ha! I told you the next generation was beginning next year!" (although I was so right in that). The big question now is - when in 2012 will Generation VI debut?
    When in 2013 you mean. :p June is likely the answer. Its a much better solution for the movies, and helps the release period shift for the west to a holiday season.

[/QUOTE[We know that Genesect will be in next year's movie, which will more than likely debut in July 2013. However, it's being given out just under a whole year before. Sure, Victini's distribution was treated in a similar way, but as we know, the V-Create Victini was only the pre-order bonus, with Reshiram and Zekrom being the main distribution. This leads me to believe that Genesect will merely be a pre-order ticket bonus for the next movie. But then, what will the main movie promotion be? Genesect being shown now obviously means that the movie has another star, possibly one who takes most of the spotlight - undoubtedly, a Generation VI Pokémon. However, they can't distribute a Generation VI Pokémon to a Generation V game that doesn't have them programmed them. Now, I still maintain that Black 2/White 2 were only released in June instead of the usual Sep-Nov timeframe to allow for the international release in October, as Nintendo would have no hope of selling regular DS games in 2012. However, the way I see it, there are two possibilities:

1) Generation VI's primary pair will launch in Japan before next July. Genesect will be the pre-order bonus and a Generation VI Pokémon will be the main promotion.
    OR
    2) The main cinema distribution will be a Genesect with a special flag that the Wi-Fi one does not have; possibly unlocking something when traded over to the Gen VI games. The pre-order bonus will then be something like a cute mascot Pokémon that appears in the movie.
    OR
    3) Genesect is given out as a pre-order bonus, then a "key" to unlock something in the new games is given out for a spin-off game (like the Manaphy egg in Ranger).

All I know is, considering Nintendo's region locking, as well as their digital strategy starting next month, I had better order myself a Japanese 3DS soon xD.[/QUOTE]
    Number one as I said is most likely. June release from here on out to smooth the process with the movies, and give a holiday release for the west. Everyone wins.

Jacen the Robot Floatzel Robo-Floatzel's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Robo-Floatzel On Twitter
    Visit Robo-Floatzel's Youtube Channel

Well, this marks the year, with 6 new formes, and the last three Unova Pokemon revealed, it's time for some rest on new Pokemon content, all that's left is the US and European release of BW2 and the year is done Pokemon wise.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchedThunder View Post
    Now that every Generation 5 Pokemon has been officially revealed I wonder how long until we get our first Generation 6 reveal. I think they will probably have at least one Gen 6 Pokemon in the next movie since it will be a little lacking if it is just about Genesect.
    Likely, around the end of this year, or early next year, we will get a shadow, likely of Gen 6's Lucario clone, like Zoroark was for this generation.
    Avatar made by MelNathea on DeviantART
    SEA WEASELS: The group for Buizel and Floatzel fans!

CLICK MY ROBOT POKEMON ARMY OR ELSE!!!!!!
    My DA account

Blog Entries

Blog Entries

Follow Tsutarja on Tumblr

Amazing, Genesect looks so much better in animation.

Quote Originally Posted by Robo-Floatzel View Post
    Well, this marks the year, with 6 new formes, and the last three Unova Pokemon revealed, it's time for some rest on new Pokemon content, all that's left is the US and European release of BW2 and the year is done Pokemon wise.

Now that every Generation 5 Pokemon has been officially revealed I wonder how long until we get our first Generation 6 reveal. I think they will probably have at least one Gen 6 Pokemon in the next movie since it will be a little lacking if it is just about Genesect.
    Likely, around the end of this year, or early next year, we will get a shadow, likely of Gen 6's Lucario clone, like Zoroark was for this generation.
    Probably next year and not this year, however I wouldn't have seen them getting all the Gen 5 Pokemon out there so fast so something surprising might happen.

A real monstrosity SnorlaxMonster's Avatar Bulbanews Board of editorsBulbapedia StaffArchives Advisor
    Blog Entries
    Follow SnorlaxMonster On Twitter
    Visit SnorlaxMonster's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Relicanth1 View Post
    Wow I cant believe they are doing this over wi-fi! Thank God! Living in the US I couldnt get Keldeo and Meleotta because you had to be in Japan to get them but they have finally shown mercy on those foreigners who imported the game from Japan! Im shocked this is happening so soon after the other two were just revealed-Shocked but Happy!!
    All events are restricted by language, even Wi-Fi ones. So you still won't be able to get this Genesect, but I guarantee you that all three of those legendary Pokemon will be available in the US at some point in the future (and hopefully worldwide as well, but the US for sure).

Quote Originally Posted by Isamu Akai View Post
    You know, I've always been bugged myself by how Game Freak keeps these 'late legendaries' super-secret (for the general public I mean), and never actually reveals them until the third version/next versions. It's almost like, what's the point of including said Pokemon in previous games' Pokedexes when you're not even going to reveal them prior to future releases? Besides the obvious trading Pokemon over from third version to original versions... But yeah, it kind of bugs me.
    They don't have a choice in including it in the previous games' code. For compatibility reasons, it needs to be there. The idea is that they can reveal new Pokemon mid-generation rather than only revealing Pokemon at the start of each generation. Surely it is better to only tell people about the Pokemon once they make it available rather than taunting people with it for years before they finally decide to distribute it. Yes, we do know it exists either way, but we're not supposed to.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshawott View Post
    Guys, you do know that with the advent of DLC on the 3DS, this could very well be the very last time a Pokémon is revealed that we've previously known about?
    I doubt they will use DLC to give us the last Pokemon. It would make it way too easy to hack new Pokemon into the game and trade them to other games. Also, it would mean an outdated game would need to patch before trading for an event legend from an updated game.

However, I think DLC could be used to add new forms to old games.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SnorlaxMonster View Post
    They don't have a choice in including it in the previous games' code. For compatibility reasons, it needs to be there. The idea is that they can reveal new Pokemon mid-generation rather than only revealing Pokemon at the start of each generation. Surely it is better to only tell people about the Pokemon once they make it available rather than taunting people with it for years before they finally decide to distribute it. Yes, we do know it exists either way, but we're not supposed to.
    I know that they have to include it for compatibility reasons, don't think I don't know that.

It still bugs me all the same. Keeping Pokemon secret is one thing, but they shouldn't have to keep it secret for that long.

Theme set by Caprizant | Fan of Generation I.

[QUOTE=SnorlaxMonster;4187425]
    Quote Originally Posted by Relicanth1 View Post

I doubt they will use DLC to give us the last Pokemon. It would make it way too easy to hack new Pokemon into the game and trade them to other games. Also, it would mean an outdated game would need to patch before trading for an event legend from an updated game.

That's not how DLC works, this has never been a problem for any game that has DLC.
    The Outrage likes this.

Blog Entries

I like @Silktree's idea in which new Pokemon (i.e., Event Pokemon) are introduced in the new versions Game Freak plans on releasing them in, and then updating past games in the generation with DLC. They can potentially do this with the Event Pokémon's signature moves as well. This would help us with out current forme issue, where new versions currently introduce new formes to keep it fresh.

A potential implication is also Game Freak adding smaller non-Legendary Pokemon in this way in the new version. Obviously, a full-scale generation download wouldn't be feasible since there is only so much space in a single cartridge, and even if there's free space, that's such a massive download, they may as well charge a whole game for it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Outrage View Post
    I like @Silktree's idea in which new Pokemon (i.e., Event Pokemon) are introduced in the new versions Game Freak plans on releasing them in, and then updating past games in the generation with DLC. They can potentially do this with the Event Pokémon's signature moves as well. This would help us with out current forme issue, where new versions currently introduce new formes to keep it fresh.

A potential implication is also Game Freak adding smaller non-Legendary Pokemon in this way in the new version. Obviously, a full-scale generation download wouldn't be feasible since there is only so much space in a single cartridge, and even if there's free space, that's such a massive download, they may as well charge a whole game for it.
    My friends and I were thinking something along the lines of adding a new event Pokemon and then maybe adding a new route leading up to said Pokemon with like 2-5 new Pokemon on said route. The forme thing is also a very good idea and I can't believe I never thought of it.

A real monstrosity SnorlaxMonster's Avatar Bulbanews Board of editorsBulbapedia StaffArchives Advisor
    Blog Entries
    Follow SnorlaxMonster On Twitter
    Visit SnorlaxMonster's Youtube Channel

That's not how DLC works, this has never been a problem for any game that has DLC.
    If there is a new Pokemon added via DLC, to communicate with another game, either they simply cannot communicate (this is what usually happens, and have experienced this myself with connecting two PC games via LAN on different patches) or one game will need to patch the other. If it is simply a new form, it would work like the Enigma Berry or Gen III Deoxys in battle. However, if you try and trade a new Pokemon, there will be issues. Likewise, in battle, what sprite is it going to use?

3DS DLC really hasn't been used much. Usually DLC is for console or PC games, where communication is usually only done over the internet. Usually you can't even connect to the online server without the patch; however, when you are doing local connection, as is often the case with handhelds, it is not so easy to get the patch. It could restrict players from communicating just because one has a patch another doesn't, which is not something Game Freak would want. If one game does patch another (I suppose this has been done before with the Berry glitch), then it could work, but there is still a security issue.

Perhaps the ease to hack fake DLC is a non-issue, as people have made fake event distributions and distributed them at GameStop stores at the time of a real event before anyway.

If there is a new Pokemon added via DLC, to communicate with another game, either they simply cannot communicate (this is what usually happens, and have experienced this myself with connecting two PC games via LAN on different patches) or one game will need to patch the other. If it is simply a new form, it would work like the Enigma Berry or Gen III Deoxys in battle. However, if you try and trade a new Pokemon, there will be issues. Likewise, in battle, what sprite is it going to use?

3DS DLC really hasn't been used much. Usually DLC is for console or PC games, where communication is usually only done over the internet. Usually you can't even connect to the online server without the patch; however, when you are doing local connection, as is often the case with handhelds, it is not so easy to get the patch. It could restrict players from communicating just because one has a patch another doesn't, which is not something Game Freak would want. If one game does patch another (I suppose this has been done before with the Berry glitch), then it could work, but there is still a security issue.

Perhaps the ease to hack fake DLC is a non-issue, as people have made fake event distributions and distributed them at GameStop stores at the time of a real event before anyway.
    Most modern games have the ability to revert back to an older version if you are playing with some one who doesn't have the same patch as you, they could also make the patches mandatory for online play. As For playing locally they could simply lock those Pokemon if the other player hasn't downloaded a patch that would contain the information or just use download play. It isn't really a problem.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)