CoroCoro August issue reveals 'Genesect': No. 649 has finally arrived - Page 2

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: CoroCoro August issue reveals 'Genesect': No. 649 has finally arrived

Blog Entries

Default Re: CoroCoro August issue reveals 'Genesect': No. 649 has finally arrived

Quote Originally Posted by jokool View Post
    Generation V isn't even 2 years old yet (it will be in September) and all the Generation V Pokemon have been officially revealed. That has to be a new record!

Is it just me, or does it seem like they're rushing this generation a bit?
    I'd rather that they reveal 'secret Pokemon' in a short span of time rather than taking a couple of years to do so, it's ridiculous in my opinion.

Theme set by Caprizant | Fan of Generation I.

Default Re: CoroCoro August issue reveals 'Genesect': No. 649 has finally arrived

Quote Originally Posted by The Outrage View Post
    http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/d/da/CoroCoro_August_2012_3.jpg

I really like the action pose. Too bad there's some glare caused by the camera. Kind of funny how they label its body parts. I was kind of hoping to see its space ship form that people were saying was in the movie preview.
    While the extra art is nice, I wonder why Gamefreak made it. The only other examples of such alt art I can think of are for groups of legendaries or have a certain context such as showing the in-game event.

Also, note that cannon was misspelled as canon. For the Pokemon world's sake that better be a typo...

You know, Technoblast wouldn't be that bad if Game Freak decided to modify the Drive item's effects to increase its power by x1.5, essentially giving it pseudo-STAB. Still kind of crap given it uses up an item slot.
    Honestly I think they were trying to make Techno Blast suck. There's no other explanation for it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zistal View Post
    http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/d/da/CoroCoro_August_2012_3.jpg

I really like the action pose. Too bad there's some glare caused by the camera. Kind of funny how they label its body parts. I was kind of hoping to see its space ship form that people were saying was in the movie preview.
    While the extra art is nice, I wonder why Gamefreak made it. The only other examples of such alt art I can think of are for groups of legendaries or have a certain context such as showing the in-game event.

Also, note that cannon was misspelled as canon. For the Pokemon world's sake that better be a typo...
    I'd say its closer to box-legendary artwork. None of those group-legendary art were drawn in the same style as the official artwork (at least not recently), whereas, we get a lot of Legendaries getting alternate box art.

Watch, the 3DS thing they're talking about is going to be the game Pokémon Special Genesect Edition: Purple Version where we start off with a Genesect as our start who follows us around in the form of a spaceship because it doesn't like Pokeballs.

I'd say its closer to box-legendary artwork. None of those group-legendary art were drawn in the same style as the official artwork (at least not recently), whereas, we get a lot of Legendaries getting alternate box art.

Watch, the 3DS thing they're talking about is going to be the game Pokémon Special Genesect Edition: Purple Version where we start off with a Genesect as our start who follows us around in the form of a spaceship because it doesn't like Pokeballs.
    Ah, forgot about the alternate box art for some mascots. What makes you think the group-legendary artwork isn't like the official artwork? The ones for the Beasts, Weather Trio, Creation Trio, and Lati@s all look like they might have been done by Sugimori to me.

Also, I'd totally buy Purple Version. Genesect > Snivy, Oshawott, and Tepig. NOW CHEREN SHALL BE BEATEN INTO SUBMISSION EVEN HARDER. Ahem, on a serious note I do wonder what that whole 3DS thing is about. There's no data in BW2 that indicates anything beyond what we already know, and the distribution won't be through Dream Radar or anything like that... So what could it be? Maybe just a random advert of no importance...?

Fan of Fire. Master Clyde Super's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Master Clyde Super On Twitter Add Master Clyde Super on Google+
    Visit Master Clyde Super's Youtube Channel

Yep, Generation 5 is officially over, at least when the magazine comes out. Anyway, at least now we might see some Generation VI Pokemon soon. I can't even imagine any more starter Pokemon they could make, I wonder how Nintendos gonna handle it.

smile Enzap's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Enzap on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Master Clyde Super View Post
    Yep, Generation 5 is officially over, at least when the magazine comes out. Anyway, at least now we might see some Generation VI Pokemon soon. I can't even imagine any more starter Pokemon they could make, I wonder how Nintendos gonna handle it.
    Woah now, just because the final Pokemon has been revealed doesn't mean Gen V is completely over. Arceus was revealed way before Gen V started.

Quote Originally Posted by Enzap View Post
    Woah now, just because the final Pokemon has been revealed doesn't mean Gen V is completely over. Arceus was revealed way before Gen V started.
    That "way before" happened to be the last year a Gen 4 game was released. The same was true for Gen 3; Deoxys' debut marked the last year a Gen 3 game came out...

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I love the action pose of Genesect, looks like he's about to throw down some bitch-ass beats

Straight outta Paleozoa, crazy motherfucker named Genesect
    From the gang called Plazma With Attitudes
    Ice Tyrant likes this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Quattro ~ Bajeena View Post
    I love the action pose of Genesect, looks like he's about to throw down some bitch-ass beats
    And then you realize its under five feet tall. What's it looking down on? A Rattata?
    Isamu Akai likes this.

H.M
    Follow H.M On Twitter
    Follow H.M on Tumblr

Genosect always seemed like a weird anthromorphic bug-car (car-bug?) to me, well, minus not having tires and having a big ol' cannon on its back. Two pupils/irises in each eye? Now it seems more car-like. XD "Does that turned-on light on him mean its about to attack, or back up?"

How come we never got such nice scans/photos like this when the majority of BW2 news showed up in Corocoro? I mean when it first started leaking.

Oshawott used Baton Pass!
    ~Tumblr~Twitter~

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zistal View Post
    Honestly I think they were trying to make Techno Blast suck. There's no other explanation for it.
    If you ask me, I think they were just trying to make Genesect a sucky Arceus wannabe.

Theme set by Caprizant | Fan of Generation I.

This makes me suspect we're going to get a generation 6 3DS game very near the release of the Genesect movie. Considering the dearth of titles on the 3DS, wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo of Japan told GameFreak to get their booties in gear faster than usual.
    Up the airy mountains / Down the rushy Glen /
    We dare not go a-hunting / For fear of Fairy-type Pokémon

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta View Post
    This makes me suspect we're going to get a generation 6 3DS game very near the release of the Genesect movie. Considering the dearth of titles on the 3DS, wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo of Japan told GameFreak to get their booties in gear faster than usual.
    Since the movies hype up the next game, it'll probably get a September release like always.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    Since the movies hype up the next game, it'll probably get a September release like always.
    Movie 15 is promoting B2W2 almost a month after their release, so that argument doesn't work. However, they wouldn't bother to include Genesect (not even as a secondary character) in Movie 16 if said movie were actually actually part of a new generation. While movie teasers have been misleading before, it would be ridiculous if Genesect had absolutely nothing to do with the movie (at least Ho-Oh and Lugia were replaced by Celebi and the legendary beasts, which were also featured in HGSS). So a September release date is the safest assumption, after all.

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

Guys, you do know that with the advent of DLC on the 3DS, this could very well be the very last time a Pokémon is revealed that we've previously known about?

I think people would start getting bored with me saying "Ha! I told you the next generation was beginning next year!" (although I was so right in that). The big question now is - when in 2012 will Generation VI debut?

We know that Genesect will be in next year's movie, which will more than likely debut in July 2013. However, it's being given out just under a whole year before. Sure, Victini's distribution was treated in a similar way, but as we know, the V-Create Victini was only the pre-order bonus, with Reshiram and Zekrom being the main distribution. This leads me to believe that Genesect will merely be a pre-order ticket bonus for the next movie. But then, what will the main movie promotion be? Genesect being shown now obviously means that the movie has another star, possibly one who takes most of the spotlight - undoubtedly, a Generation VI Pokémon. However, they can't distribute a Generation VI Pokémon to a Generation V game that doesn't have them programmed them. Now, I still maintain that Black 2/White 2 were only released in June instead of the usual Sep-Nov timeframe to allow for the international release in October, as Nintendo would have no hope of selling regular DS games in 2012. However, the way I see it, there are two possibilities:

1) Generation VI's primary pair will launch in Japan before next July. Genesect will be the pre-order bonus and a Generation VI Pokémon will be the main promotion.
    OR
    2) The main cinema distribution will be a Genesect with a special flag that the Wi-Fi one does not have; possibly unlocking something when traded over to the Gen VI games. The pre-order bonus will then be something like a cute mascot Pokémon that appears in the movie.
    OR
    3) Genesect is given out as a pre-order bonus, then a "key" to unlock something in the new games is given out for a spin-off game (like the Manaphy egg in Ranger).

All I know is, considering Nintendo's region locking, as well as their digital strategy starting next month, I had better order myself a Japanese 3DS soon xD.
    Last edited by Joshawott; 12th July 2012 at 06:33 AM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)