Compare and Contrast: The Final Fantasy Legend: Pokémon isn't the only monster-traini

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Compare and Contrast: The Final Fantasy Legend: Pokémon isn't the only monster-traini

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur BulbaBot's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Compare and Contrast: The Final Fantasy Legend: Pokémon isn't the only monster-traini

Compare and Contrast: The Final Fantasy Legend: Pokémon isn't the only monster-training game

It may be taboo to even bring up such a subject on a board, especially dedicated to those crazy creatures we all know and love. But hey, it's the truth, ya know. Some of these came after the release, and were generally regarded as clones of the game. Some of these came before, pulling off monster-training long before Pokémon even tried.

Read more on Bulbanews

Devil Lobster Man Ranger Jack Walker's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Ranger Jack Walker's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Compare and Contrast: The Final Fantasy Legend: Pokémon isn't the only monster-tr

I had never heard of this game before. I knew the concept of Pokemon wasn't completely unique though.

Default Re: Compare and Contrast: The Final Fantasy Legend: Pokémon isn't the only monster-tr

I really enjoyed this article, though I had never heard of this game.
    I look forward to future installments. I hope to see one on Elebits, since I really rather enjoyed that game :D

Blog Entries

i used to play the FF games & they are very good - the only thing that kept me playing pokemon was it was mainly portable whereas FF had several console games (i prefer multiplayer console games - i find one player console games very unsociable)

*EDIT*
    after reading the article i feel a bit silly as this is nothing to do with the FF we all know! brb, slapping myself in the face with a wet fish...
    Last edited by siburke939; 28th March 2011 at 02:41 AM. Reason: doh!
    yo son

facebook lastfm twitter ytmnd

also, 3DS FC: 3153-3959-7484

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Jack Walker View Post
    I had never heard of this game before. I knew the concept of Pokemon wasn't completely unique though.
    You don't know of FF Legend? It's one of the more well known GB games.

Yes, I am THAT gli. :P Gligar13's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Wait, didn't Shin Megami Tensei do the same thing before Pokemon too?

Maybe that should be the next article.
    dA::YT::furaffinity::Yes, I DID claim Gligar.

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

As well as the similarities mentioned: "four heavenly kings" in The Final Fantasy Legend...well well well, isn't that what the Elite 4 are called in Japan?

From Leyend to Myth Infinity Mk-II's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This was pretty interesting! I haven't played any SaGa games, though they had been catching my attention for a while... Didn't know they were any similar to pokémon.

And I guess you can find references to "four heavenly kings" in pretty much any japanese RPG.

I was expecting Shin Megami Tensei to show up too, since I think it's kinda the codifier for the whole "giving orders to monsters"...

[/overexposition]

somehow i am looking forward to the comparing of telefang to pokemon.

Archosaur Enthusiast Spikeheila's Avatar
    Blog Entries

There were plenty of monster games back in the day,from digimon to monster rancher, and even my personal fave, Jade Cocoon <3

Electric Friend Safari: Luxio, Electabuzz, Pachirisu.

Blog Entries

Before you compare anything else: Digimon. The one and only Pokemon counterpart everyone is most familiar with. It's practically SCREAMING for a comparison now, due to large numbers of total Digimon (Currently in the 800s if I remember).

"Welcome, my comrades, to my frozen abyss.~"
    Anime Characters Claimed: Mighty, Shirobon, Shout (Bomberman Jetters)

Archosaur Enthusiast Spikeheila's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shiramu Kuromu View Post
    Before you compare anything else: Digimon. The one and only Pokemon counterpart everyone is most familiar with. It's practically SCREAMING for a comparison now, due to large numbers of total Digimon (Currently in the 800s if I remember).
    a bit over 1 thousand now,really. But with THAT many creatures your BOUND to get some overlapping ;o

Electric Friend Safari: Luxio, Electabuzz, Pachirisu.

Blog Entries

I can't believe that some of you have never heard of this game. There was even a comedian making fun of this game. I tried to find the clip on you tube but couldn’t. It was literally my first RPG. Damn now I feel old....
    Is there anything worse than being all alone in the night?

Yes... being all alone in a crowd.

Yes, I am THAT gli. :P Gligar13's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shiramu Kuromu View Post
    From a Digimon freak, parts are the same, but a lot of parts are different. Mainly the anime (which just got a reboot, Xros Wars), the games, and the design styles. Just like how Pokemon has different eras of designs, Digimon does too.

As for the high number, there are a lot of Digimon, in the games, the anime, the V-Pets, and the card game. According to the WtW DMA DigiDex, there are 1149, and that hasn't even included the newest Xros Wars episodes, so some of the new major ones like OmegaShoutmon (yes, XW has evolution) or the ones from that new Digimon Story game aren't listed.

Oh, and Digimon Tamers is the shit.
    dA::YT::furaffinity::Yes, I DID claim Gligar.

Blog Entries

Follow Owain on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Gligar13 View Post
    From a Digimon freak, parts are the same, but a lot of parts are different. Mainly the anime (which just got a reboot, Xros Wars), the games, and the design styles. Just like how Pokemon has different eras of designs, Digimon does too.

Oh, and Digimon Tamers is the shit.
    well, to be fair, all of them after 02 were reboots (AWESOME ones)

and i agree with last sentence!

(IF you used ''The shit'', to refer something good)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)