Cartoon Network Pokémon timeslot changed in 2012: Anime to air half hour earlier in t - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Cartoon Network Pokémon timeslot changed in 2012: Anime to air half hour earlier in t

A real monstrosity SnorlaxMonster's Avatar Bulbanews Board of editorsBulbapedia StaffArchives Advisor
    Blog Entries
    Follow SnorlaxMonster On Twitter
    Visit SnorlaxMonster's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Cartoon Network Pokémon timeslot changed in 2012: Anime to air half hour earlier

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    Besides, doesn't either Cartoon Network or Pokemon.com put the new episodes up online? If you guys can't be bothered to wake up a whole 30 minutes early, why not just check it out online?
    Pokémon.com doesn't. They just have around 8 different episodes from each region (Kanto and Orange and called "Kanto", and it ignores the fact that they leave Hoenn and go to Kanto and just call it "Kanto"), and have none from BW (yet). Cartoon Network, looking at the website, it seems to, but says that the videos are only available in the US.

Default Re: Cartoon Network Pokémon timeslot changed in 2012: Anime to air half hour earlier

The times are wrong. If it's on at 8:30 on the west coast (i.e. Pacific time), it will be on at 9:30 in the mountains (i.e. Mountain time). When you change time zones west to east, everything becomes an hour later, and vice-versa for east to west. I know this because I live in the mountains myself.

A real monstrosity SnorlaxMonster's Avatar Bulbanews Board of editorsBulbapedia StaffArchives Advisor
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lestroisrois View Post
    The times are wrong. If it's on at 8:30 on the west coast (i.e. Pacific time), it will be on at 9:30 in the mountains (i.e. Mountain time). When you change time zones west to east, everything becomes an hour later, and vice-versa for east to west. I know this because I live in the mountains myself.
    Well, according to the Cartoon Network online guide new episodes currently air at 7:00 a.m., and since they are moving half and hour earlier, will be on at 6:30.

I wrote the article, but I don't even live in America, so I'm not that familiar with your timezones. However, I just based it off of the Cartoon Network guide, so it should be fine.

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by SnorlaxMonster
    Cartoon Network, looking at the website, it seems to, but says that the videos are only available in the US.
    Which is fine. The only people who would even be affected by the earlier timeslot live in the U.S. and therefore have access to the videos on CN's website.

People are just complaining for the sake of complaining.

I wrote the article, but I don't even live in America, so I'm not that familiar with your timezones.
    You couldn't have Googled that information?
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 20th, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    Which is fine. The only people who would even be affected by the earlier timeslot live in the U.S. and therefore have access to the videos on CN's website.

People are just complaining for the sake of complaining.
    What I meant by that was that I couldn't be certain that they did, not that it mattered in that way.

You couldn't have Googled that information?
    I did, which is how I was able to write the article. I even linked to Wikipedia articles on the timezone names.

Link animated Avatar FTW! Shuckle's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I don't watch TV much so this doesn't affect me much. I also have a VCR so that I can record these episodes and I can watch them later whenever I feel like it. xD
    3DS Friend Code 1607 - 2458 - 9938

IGN: Jason

Shiny Value: 543

Friend Safari: Fire
    Growlithe, Slugma, and Ninetales.

Blog Entries

Just for the heck of it, I went over to cartoon network's website. They do have full episodes, but you have to sign up to cartoon network and you also have to already have cartoon network on your TV. It also said you had to tell them which cable or satellite provider you had, or link up your cable or satellite provider with the website, or something like that. Basically it's very confusing.... And frustrating, because I don't have cable or satellite! So I guess I'll have to wait for it to come on Pokemon.com.

Blog Entries
    Follow AlexTheRose On Twitter
    Visit AlexTheRose's Youtube Channel

Arrow Re: Cartoon Network Pokémon timeslot changed in 2012: Anime to air half hour earlier

I tell you, Cartoon Network maybe— Just maybe— Doesn't give a rat's ass about Pokémon, and I honestly don't buy into the claim that Pokémon is good all by itself and they're just trying to better their own series, probably because (1) They know they're the only official provider of all-new Pokémon episodes on regular cable and are using that to their advantage, and (2) They rated Pokémon a pathetic 2.0 as a series, while it prospers at a tenfold larger scale than any of their "advertising bait" ever did, and they consider Pokémon under the Anime partition, which I have no argument with in particular. What I do have a problem with is that they consider anime shows to be some sort of bygone "alternate" entertainment and in their twisted minds somehow has a lesser value to everyone than their frickin' Flapjack or the Regular Show, which I have extreme negative esteem towards (I have many big reasons why). As far as I'm concerned, they have a prejudice against anime, and it really makes them look like utter fools when they rate such programs what they rate them as.

I'm gonna try to make this as plainly obvious as possible, and please pardon my language: All CN is doing is shoving Pokémon further up the asshole of their schedule, simply because they can. That's it, folks. Plain and simple.
    —AlexTheRose

The PokéSphere Forums!

Eh doesn't really bother me, since I just DVR the episodes, & I can always watch subs of B & W.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

FC: Mana (4914-3452-1470)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill (X)

Blog Entries

@AlexTheRose It's true. Cartoon Network has never liked anime.
    And it doesn't make sense why they would still have Pokemon on CN and not Toonzai.
    I know there was some sort of issue that started all this moving to CN, but now that Toonzai shows mostly (if not all) anime style cartoons, I would think they would try and work something out to get Pokemon back.

Blog Entries
    Follow AlexTheRose On Twitter
    Visit AlexTheRose's Youtube Channel

@jokool You knoiw, I wonder if they'll ever end up shoving Pokémon so far up their schedule that it would be just back-to-back with InuYasha, which is the last show to air on God-knows Adult Swim—screw Saturday, make it Sunday :|

You know, CN's Friday/Thursday/Tuesday/whatever-the-frick-day-they-do-their-new-episodes-on is full of shows that are infintesimal compared to any high-quality work, anime or not. You know, Tom and Jerry had really swell art and a constantly entertaining storyline, was my mother's favorite childhood TV show, and was even published in Technicolor for a while (old, yes). You know where it's at now? Weekday cartoons at about 1 PM Monday through Friday.

Overall, I think CN is just making room for their shiz to get more views, plainly re-arranging our entire Saturday-morning schedules for our favorite anime. Oddly enough, it might even be a good thing that they moved it up earlier in the day. Why? It causes us to have to go to sleep earlier so we don't have to mess around with their Friday night shiz ;)
    —AlexTheRose

The PokéSphere Forums!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AlexTheRose View Post
    I tell you, Cartoon Network maybe— Just maybe— Doesn't give a rat's ass about Pokémon, and I honestly don't buy into the claim that Pokémon is good all by itself and they're just trying to better their own series, probably because (1) They know they're the only official provider of all-new Pokémon episodes on regular cable and are using that to their advantage, and (2) They rated Pokémon a pathetic 2.0 as a series, while it prospers at a tenfold larger scale than any of their "advertising bait" ever did, and they consider Pokémon under the Anime partition, which I have no argument with in particular. What I do have a problem with is that they consider anime shows to be some sort of bygone "alternate" entertainment and in their twisted minds somehow has a lesser value to everyone than their frickin' Flapjack or the Regular Show, which I have extreme negative esteem towards (I have many big reasons why). As far as I'm concerned, they have a prejudice against anime, and it really makes them look like utter fools when they rate such programs what they rate them as.

I'm gonna try to make this as plainly obvious as possible, and please pardon my language: All CN is doing is shoving Pokémon further up the asshole of their schedule, simply because they can. That's it, folks. Plain and simple.
    At least you don't get treat like toasted tv here
    .Cuts scenes for ads/dumb hosts
    .Moving it from 7:30am to 6:30am

and Regular show is a good show
    Ben 10 made cartoon network what it is today
    SnorlaxMonster likes this.

Blog Entries

Yes, yes, today's mainstream cartoons are so terrible compared to your foreign cartoons and things from your mom's childhood. :/

C'mon, I know you're upset about the schedule change, but not everything on TV is shit. Relax, man.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by YamiiDenryuu View Post
    C'mon, I know you're upset about the schedule change, but not everything on TV is shit. Relax, man.
    Well, everything pretty much is shit these days. However, that's a subjective opinion of mine. Honestly, cartoons don't really appeal to me anymore, they were the biggest part of my life when I was younger and I eagerly woke up at 6 AM on saturdays in preparation for a 6 hour marathon of mind bending, vibrantly coloured, flashy fun. Now? I watch old cartoons that I had video taped over the years and I just don't see what I saw in them anymore. They're boring, low quality... shit even. Slightly less so than what's currently on TV, but still shit.

I think the same has happened with pretty much all of us who've grown up on cartoons. Having grown up, seeing some weird, depressing, sorrow inducing, or life changing events kinda ruins the magic of cartoons. Some of us deal with nostalgia clouding our judgement better, others don't care and love their childhood memories of TV shows. I honestly don't know what this has to do with the current topic at hand, so I'll stop ranting here.

As far as the schedule change goes... well, if I could bother to get into Black/White, I'd probably be upset by it myself. I just don't have it in me to wake up at these early hours anymore (and won't for at least 40 more years when I suddenly turn into someone who goes to Baskin and Robbins for the early bird special every day). Actually, I think I was kinda miffed when they did that with Diamond and Pearl now that I think about it. It was already airing at such an unholy hour of the day, and to be pushed back a half hour was just plain cruel to the adult fans of the series.

Overall though, I'm not surprised. Cartoon Network has weaved an incredible string of disappointing choices in the past 7 or 8 years. This is no different. *shakes cane angrily*
    AlexTheRose and Serperiority like this.

My real father lost his head at King's Landing. I made a choice, and I chose wrong. ~ Theon Greyjoy

Thumbs up Re: Cartoon Network Pokémon timeslot changed in 2012: Anime to air half hour earlier

This is good news, im not going to miss the anime anymore .

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)