BW Mall Tour plagued with hacked distribution: Wonder Guard Spiritomb distributed at

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BW Mall Tour plagued with hacked distribution: Wonder Guard Spiritomb distributed at

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur BulbaBot's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default BW Mall Tour plagued with hacked distribution: Wonder Guard Spiritomb distributed at

BW Mall Tour plagued with hacked distribution: Wonder Guard Spiritomb distributed at San Jose mall

A hacked Spiritomb is being distributed at the Oakridge Mall in San Jose at the BW Mall Tour. Fans are advised to release this Pokémon if received due to the nature of the event. The Spiritomb is a level 50 Shiny Pokémon with the ability Wonder Guard and the moves Shadow Force, Focus Punch, Softboiled, and Safeguard, and has an OT of "PkmnInt". The Pokémon is "caught" in a Cherish Ball, has Pokérus, and holds BlackGlasses.

Read more on Bulbanews

Madness FTW!!!! shinycharizard18's Avatar

Default Re: BW Mall Tour plagued with hacked distribution: Wonder Guard Spiritomb distributed

I wonder if this is gonna be distributed at the other locations, hopefully not, the last thing anyone needs is a hacked pokemon at an event

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

Default Re: BW Mall Tour plagued with hacked distribution: Wonder Guard Spiritomb distributed

How did this happen?

Blog Entries

Follow Owain on Tumblr

oh man, this needs to be contained...

Yes, I am THAT gli. :P Gligar13's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Was anyone playing this at the mall tour?

Also, it won't ruin your game, but if you are concerned about how 1 hack will ruin your game, release it. I wouldn't release it, just for teh lulz, but either way, it just seems like someone having too much fun with a flashcard and a romhack of a legit distrobution rom.
    dA::YT::furaffinity::Yes, I DID claim Gligar.

Blog Entries
    Follow Soulweaver On Twitter Add Soulweaver on Facebook Add Soulweaver on Google+
    Follow Soulweaver on Tumblr Visit Soulweaver's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Celebi View Post
    How did this happen?
    Most probably someone who thinks they're very clever has somehow acquired a distribution cart and has changed it to distribute this specific hack "event".
    E: Or the thing in the next post.

Former staff member · X Pokédex status (incl. foreign dexes) · Bank Living Dex status · 3DS FC: 4699 6589 8963

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

How did this happen?
    Simple. Someone hacked a wondercard onto their game that can be shared with others.

Blog Entries

How did this happen?
    My theroy is someone took a leaked distrobution rom, modded it so it has a different wondercard, loaded it on a illegal flashcard, put it in a DS and thier pocket, and turned it on. In fact, there are tuts that show how to mod a deoxys distro cart by replacing deoxys with a wondercard.
    Last edited by Gligar13; 13th February 2011 at 04:20 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gligar13 View Post
    My theroy is someone took a leaked distrobution rom, modded it so it has a different wondercard, loaded it on a illegal flashcard, put it in a DS and thier pocket, and turned it on. In fact, there are tuts that show how to mod a deoxys distro cart by replacing deoxys with a wondercard.
    Its "Distribution" and it would be impossible or the person the leave the DS closed it is pocket as the DS has a pause function when closed also I doubt they would have to hide it because everyone else around this person would have their DS out!

White FC 4684-7933-9450

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Angelus View Post
    Its "Distribution" and it would be impossible or the person the leave the DS closed it is pocket as the DS has a pause function when closed also I doubt they would have to hide it because everyone else around this person would have their DS out!
    Distribution cartridges still run the event when shut, and he would just need to slip it in his pocket, since the DS Lite is small. There was a video of the tru event, but the uploader probably closed his account or got busted by the copyright police, as I can't find it.

Blog Entries

I like how apparently putting "SPIRITOMB is legit!" in the Wondercard is somehow not at all supposed to be sketchy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angelus View Post
    When the DS is actively broadcasting a signal, it doesn't pause. The image disappears, yes, but the game isn't paused.

I've done that while walking around Toys R Us until my DS picked up the Secret Key event, and I've played Guardian Sign's temple mission and merely closing the DS does not end the communication.

I also don't like the whole fear-monger approach the article is going into. It mentioned it was illegitimate multiple times. Not once did it go over the fact that it won't do any harm to your games (except maybe getting through a hack check in tournaments) and outright tells people to release it immediately as if its a virus out to erase your save file. And "plagued"? One stop at the tour with one hacked distribution. Hardly a "plague".
    Last edited by The Outrage; 13th February 2011 at 05:22 PM.

This is crazy but funny!

Blog Entries
    Follow Takoto On Twitter
    Follow Takoto on Tumblr

I find this funny as hell, some smart hacker is trolling hard.

~Giovanni Fan|★|Silver Fan~
    ★ An Illustration student from the UK; with a particular love of black tea, cats, deer, jellyfish, octopus, moths and the colour purple ★
    ♥ Umbreon, Gardevoir, Drifloon, Joltik, Gengar, Malamar ♥ Mewtwo, Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Darkrai, Xerneas ♥
    ~ DeviantArtTwitterTumblr ~

Madness FTW!!!! shinycharizard18's Avatar

True it is funny, at least it wasn't racist like the last fake giveaway with gengar, that one was wrong on so many levels

Blog Entries

Follow Oblivion on Tumblr Visit Oblivion's Youtube Channel

Seriously?

It really astounds me how unexplainable some people's motives are. Why would someone even do this? I'm just curious. What would the point of this be? Is this a case of trolling turned up to eleven, or was it something else?

Also, I'm gonna have to agree with Outrage. This thing is not going to screw up your game in the slightest, and it's not smart to give out implications that it will.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)