Bulbapedia will be down for maintenance starting Nov. 5: No editing for non-administr - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bulbapedia will be down for maintenance starting Nov. 5: No editing for non-administr

Impossible Spell Card Scarlet Sky's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Bulbapedia will be down for maintenance starting Nov. 5: No editing for non-admin

Quote Originally Posted by Amigo-Ambipom View Post
    Actually, that was sarcasm. Besides, don't you see the little red thing next to the quote button? :P
    We NEED a sarcasm font. D8
    I will swing by Serebii too I suppose. ^^

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Bulbapedia will be down for maintenance starting Nov. 5: No editing for non-admin

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuutakesh! View Post
    there is always Serebii.
    You've never been able to edit his site, though. Jeez, you're acting like this is the end of the world.

British Invasion $aturn¥oshi's Avatar Social Media Coordinator
    Blog Entries
    Follow $aturn¥oshi On Twitter Add $aturn¥oshi on Facebook Add $aturn¥oshi on Google+
    Follow $aturn¥oshi on Tumblr Visit $aturn¥oshi's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by TTEchidna View Post
    You've never been able to edit his site, though. Jeez, you're acting like this is the end of the world.
    You should feel honored.

Ultimate Pokemon Fan! Water Pokémon Master's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TTEchidna View Post
    Thank God the Pokemon community isn't represented by his site's content anymore. Like Saturn Yoshi said, you should be honored. :p

http://traffic.alexa.com/graph?&w=400&h=220&o=f&c=1&y=r&b=ffffff&r=2y&u=bul%20bagarden.net&&u=serebii.net&
    http://traffic.alexa.com/graph?&w=400&h=220&o=f&c=1&y=r&b=ffffff&r=2y&u=bulbagarden.net&
    (EDIT: For the Bulbapedia link c/p it into your address bar and remove the spaces in "bulbagarden" at the end of the URL.)

Bulbapedia has slowly been bringing his traffic down and soon no one will care / know about his old reputation as being the best site anymore. God knows it hasn't been for a while. Especially since there isn't really anything unique about it anymore - you can find any sort of content he has on Bulbapedia and other sites now. He doesn't even have unique or exclusive news spare once in a while. According to Alexa you're about equal now, with his site sharply declining and Bulbapedia sharply rising.
    Last edited by Water Pokémon Master; 3rd November 2009 at 01:46 AM.

Water Pokémon Master

Webmaster of
    [PokéBeach]

Blog Entries

Damn!!

Knife, meet wrist.

I shot a god Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

Well soooooorry. I figured, due to the TITLE saying Bulbapedia would be DOWN that that meant NO VIEWING. Now, if it had been worded differently, perhaps people might actually be a bit more calm about it. So, I really am not fully responsible for my misunderstanding.

And why would I want to edit Bulbapedia? I never said I was going to. I just said that I would use Serebii for my information if Bulbapedia wasn't available.

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

The move will be undertaken for the purpose of having a better and more accurate encyclopedia.
    It sounds like Bulbapedia was going to bring censorship in.

Quote Originally Posted by Water Pokémon Master View Post
    Thank God the Pokemon community isn't represented by his site's content anymore. Like Saturn Yoshi said, you should be honored. :p

http://traffic.alexa.com/graph?&w=400&h=220&o=f&c=1&y=r&b=ffffff&r=2y&u=bul%20bagarden.net&&u=serebii.net&
    http://traffic.alexa.com/graph?&w=400&h=220&o=f&c=1&y=r&b=ffffff&r=2y&u=bulbagarden.net&
    (EDIT: For the Bulbapedia link c/p it into your address bar and remove the spaces in "bulbagarden" at the end of the URL.)

Bulbapedia has slowly been bringing his traffic down and soon no one will care / know about his old reputation as being the best site anymore. God knows it hasn't been for a while. Especially since there isn't really anything unique about it anymore - you can find any sort of content he has on Bulbapedia and other sites now. He doesn't even have unique or exclusive news spare once in a while. According to Alexa you're about equal now, with his site sharply declining and Bulbapedia sharply rising.
    Alexa has never been a valid way of determining popularity. For the most part, they only count users with their toolbar and most PCs and anti viral programs prevent their toolbar being installed

My hits have not had a dent in them and are actually the highest they have been since DP's release

Plus, you say that, but since HGSS came out, I have documented dozens of instances where I update something on my site then within 10 hours, it's been edited onto Bulbapedia so don't say my site is useless
    I own Serebii.net and Serebii Forums, naturally.

Serebii's signature, now un-censored.

I don't usually participate in bmgf due to my time being limited, but reading about Alexa made me giggle. It's true that's its probably the only free service of its kind out there, as it is also true that its results are greatly flawed.
    Google does provide enough reading material on Alexa's accuracy (http://www.google.gr/search?q=alexa%20accuracy)

In the end, we're all better of finding ways to work together than comparing faulse statistics...

British Invasion $aturn¥oshi's Avatar Social Media Coordinator
    Blog Entries
    Follow $aturn¥oshi On Twitter Add $aturn¥oshi on Facebook Add $aturn¥oshi on Google+
    Follow $aturn¥oshi on Tumblr Visit $aturn¥oshi's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post
    Alexa has never been a valid way of determining popularity. For the most part, they only count users with their toolbar and most PCs and anti viral programs prevent their toolbar being installed

My hits have not had a dent in them and are actually the highest they have been since DP's release

Plus, you say that, but since HGSS came out, I have documented dozens of instances where I update something on my site then within 10 hours, it's been edited onto Bulbapedia so don't say my site is useless
    Oh, quit your bickering...

Can I get an encore? evkl's Avatar Vice-Webmaster
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maxim Menschevick View Post
    Or, uh, we're updating to English conventions as opposed to Japanese ones.
    Last edited by evkl; 4th November 2009 at 12:17 PM.
    "And we're not gods, we're just hacks."

blog | twitter | Bulbagraphic

Goronda Type Vice-Webmaster Evil Figment's Avatar Vice-Webmaster
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maxim Menschevick View Post
    Da, comrrade, da. We shall brring glorrious language of grreat popularr rrevolution to Bulbapedia!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintaka and Hurristat
    He's an evil director / He'll give out infractions / Do something wrong / And he takes direct actions
    Then what'll he do?/ He'll permaban you / You find your name slashed / With a message, 'Adieu'
    Sooooo...watch out!
    "It is said that the federal government, if it was in charge of the Sahara, would run out of sand in five years. Private enterprise, being more efficient, would do it in half the time - and they'd make money off the bridges." - me.
    "My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." - Jack Layton's last letter. Rest in peace, Jack.

I shot a god Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Figment View Post
    Da, comrrade, da. We shall brring glorrious language of grreat popularr rrevolution to Bulbapedia!
    HAIL KAIBA!

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

Yes, that's really my neck The dark lord trombonator's Avatar Former Bulbanews Editor-in-Chief

Down now guys.

Blog Entries
    Follow CuboneKing On Twitter
    Visit CuboneKing's Youtube Channel

Is Rockersk08 an admin now? He's on.
    ALFALFA
    Quote Originally Posted by Mijzelffan
    People who haven't played Mario Kart haven't lived their life to the fullest.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast