Bulbagarden X/Y Launch Giveaway Closes: Copies of Pokémon X/Y go to 10 lucky winners!

Thread: Bulbagarden X/Y Launch Giveaway Closes: Copies of Pokémon X/Y go to 10 lucky winners!

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur BulbaBot's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Bulbagarden X/Y Launch Giveaway Closes: Copies of Pokémon X/Y go to 10 lucky winners!

Bulbagarden X/Y Launch Giveaway Closes: Copies of Pokémon X/Y go to 10 lucky winners!

Bulbagarden's X/Y Launch Giveaway has come to a close, with ten lucky winners from around the world to receive their choice of Pokémon X or Pokémon Y for the 3DS.

Read more on Bulbanews

Default Re: Bulbagarden X/Y Launch Giveaway Closes: Copies of Pokémon X/Y go to 10 lucky winn

Congratulations to the winners. At least I got all of the correct answers. I can sleep soundly with that knowledge. :P

Trophies

Follow Pokelova on Tumblr

Default Re: Bulbagarden X/Y Launch Giveaway Closes: Copies of Pokémon X/Y go to 10 lucky winn

Ah, I messed up on the last question. Oh well, I already have both X and Y preordered, congrats to the winners!
    Pokelova's Shiny Collection

Congrats to the winners! I'm also glad to see I got all 5 correct :3
    つまらないものはさっさと消去。

Oh, I got all of them right! \o/ I'm so proud of myself. But sadly, I wasn't lucky enough to get chosen. Anyway congratulations for every winner! :) Meet you all in Kalos!

A number of entrants also guessed the Mt Fuji Surfing Pikachu card, based on this specific version of the card having not been released in English. However, that the card was released in English, just with different artwork, was clearly noted in the trivia of the Pokémon Trading Card Game (game) page. As a card identical in all aspects other than the art was released in English as a black star promo card, this was not judged to be a valid answer.
    Are you kidding me ? xD

Did you check when was the Trivia edited ?

(cur | prev) 14:12, 7 October 2013‎ SnorlaxMonster (Talk | contribs)‎ . . (10,898 bytes) (-6)‎ . . (→‎Trivia: cleaning up some poorly worded trivia)
    (cur | prev) 13:11, 7 October 2013‎ SnorlaxMonster (Talk | contribs)‎ . . (10,904 bytes) (-3)‎ . . (why was the trivia section all the way down there?)
    After the end of the contest !

The "prev" show the previous text :

The second Surfing Pikachu, in game, that had rocks behind it, was released in Japan never to be released in English. The card is called the Mt. Fuji.
    Please, do not take people for idiots. Thanks :)

Never the participants would have answered Pikachu without that confusing Trivia note.

Congrats to the winners.

Blog Entries

>< i was one of the people who had bulbapedia and realised i had stuffed it up about half an hour after i submitted

i dont think the mystery dungeon manga should have been counted as a right answer
    Last edited by Snugglefox; 7th October 2013 at 07:03 PM.

黒い王様 Archaic's Avatar Webmaster
    Blog Entries
    Follow Archaic On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Hido View Post

Are you kidding me ? xD

As a matter of fact....no, I hadn't. ^^;;
    I knew we were fixing up the errors noticed on some Bulbapedia pages after the contest was closed. I double-checked the articles as I was writing this one up, but I didn't believe those had gone in yet and hadn't checked the edits.
    I do note however that there was still a link to the Surfing Pikachu card there, which people would've had to read to try answering the question based off Pikachu anyway, so it should've been clear from that page that there was an English version.
    神出鬼没 - shin shutsu ki botsu

A real monstrosity SnorlaxMonster's Avatar Bulbanews Board of editorsBulbapedia StaffArchives Advisor
    Blog Entries
    Follow SnorlaxMonster On Twitter
    Visit SnorlaxMonster's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Hido View Post

Are you kidding me ? xD

(cur | prev) 14:12, 7 October 2013‎ SnorlaxMonster (Talk | contribs)‎ . . (10,898 bytes) (-6)‎ . . (→‎Trivia: cleaning up some poorly worded trivia)
    (cur | prev) 13:11, 7 October 2013‎ SnorlaxMonster (Talk | contribs)‎ . . (10,904 bytes) (-3)‎ . . (why was the trivia section all the way down there?)
    After the end of the contest !

The "prev" show the previous text :

The second Surfing Pikachu, in game, that had rocks behind it, was released in Japan never to be released in English. The card is called the Mt. Fuji.
    Please, do not take people for idiots. Thanks :)

Never the participants would have answered Pikachu without that confusing Trivia note.

Congrats to the winners.
    Yeah, I only noticed that there was an issue with the trivia section on that page after the contest closed. It also explains why such a large number of people responded with that card. The fact that the trivia section was below the navigation templates made it particularly difficult for editors to notice it.

Boring and empty porkchopsandwiches's Avatar

Ah, the correct answer to question 3 included Pokemon Emerald Version as well! Congratulations to the winners!

Rawr! Berrenta's Avatar Bulbapedia Junior Administrator
    Blog Entries

So I completely missed the first one, and forgot something crucial for 3 and 4. Oh well. Better luck mext time.

Anyways, congrats to the winners! I'm sure they'll enjoy their free copies. They worked hard for those and deserve it.
    X/3DS FC: 1289 8751 6620 In-game name: Karen
    Claims: Nidoqueen, Mawilite, Hondew Berry, Fiery Dance, Flower Veil
    Claims (other): Luke Triton (Professor Layton), Naoto Shirogane (Persona 4)

Skyworld Warriors, a Kid Icarus fan club
    Friend Safari: Poison (Kakuna, Swalot, Whirlipede)

Blog Entries

At least I got all of them right (well, I did said Pokemon Gold and Silver: The Golden Boys for the last one, but anyway).

Congratulations to all the winners!

Blog Entries

Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

I didn't win, but I got all the answers correctly and the fun is in finding them out! Congratulations to the winners!