Bulbagarden X/Y Launch Giveaway: 10 copies of Pokémon X/Y to be given away! - Page 6

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Bulbagarden X/Y Launch Giveaway: 10 copies of Pokémon X/Y to be given away!

黒い王様 Archaic's Avatar Webmaster
    Blog Entries
    Follow Archaic On Twitter

Default Re: Bulbagarden X/Y Launch Giveaway: 10 copies of Pokémon X/Y to be given away!

I'll post up the full answers with our reasoning for them later today, after the winners have been chosen.

I will say now however that Mt Fuji Surfing Pikachu is *not* the correct answer. Surfing Pikachu is a card which was printed in English. The Mt Fuji version is simply a different art variant of that card. The question asked for a card which "was never physically released in English (in any edition or reprint)". The intended answer was Imakuni?, which really should've been the first thing anyone who'd played that game would think of. There are some other answers we're accepting for early entrants who got in before the question was reworded, but we'll get to those in the full write-up.
    神出鬼没 - shin shutsu ki botsu

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Bulbagarden X/Y Launch Giveaway: 10 copies of Pokémon X/Y to be given away!

Okay, again, used my fathers email, does it matter?
    "Funneh bunneh and the dammut Bahamut go on an adventure!"-Chespin Circa 2009

I sure was funner back then, possibly even stupider....

M-Blaziken, so much yes Shiny Blaze's Avatar Bulbapedia Junior Administrator
    Blog Entries

Visit Shiny Blaze's Youtube Channel

Ah darn, so much for winning I guess. The TCG question is now surely wrong for me. That's what you get for never paying much attention to the TCG or its games Or many people have this question wrong, but I doubt it.
    Shiny Blaze
    Owner of a Living Dex
    Owner of 80+ Shinies
    Obtained: 718 out of 719
    3DS Y FC: 0576-4616-1571

Trivia of the gameboy game TCG

The second Surfing Pikachu, in game, that had rocks behind it, was released in Japan never to be released in English. The card is called the Mt. Fuji
    The question before rewording :

A card present in the Pokémon Trading Card Game (game) for Game Boy was never released in English. How many TCG cards have been based on the same character as that card?
    Pretty confusing. One can think that you have created this question after this trivia.

I cannot change my email, I just said what I answered and why.

I never played this game to this extent to remember the Imakuni guy.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hido View Post
    Trivia of the gameboy game TCG

The question before rewording :

A card present in the Pokémon Trading Card Game (game) for Game Boy was never released in English. How many TCG cards have been based on the same character as that card?
    Pretty confusing. One can think that you have created this question after this trivia.

I cannot change my email, I just said what I answered and why.

I never played this game to this extent to remember the Imakuni guy.
    Exactly, I had the exact same thing. I thought I was on the good way, but that piece of trivia has greatly confused me, leading to the wrong answer. And I've never played that TCG GBA game so I would've never known about Imakuni I guess.... Oh well.
    Shiny Blaze
    Owner of a Living Dex
    Owner of 80+ Shinies

Annoying tiny fairy lover ariaandkia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by epicdutch View Post
    2. Name the three female characters in the Pokémon anime who showed feelings for Brock after he first showed interest in them.

Wilhelmina
    Holly
    Lucy (Pike Queen)

I have to disagree with Holly, because I couldn't find any sources that tell me that Brock fell for her first, instead I went with Lizabeth from the 9th movie
    From having just finished most of my rewatch, I have to agree with Holly. Brock totally hits on her first. (Funny thing, I suddenly felt like rewatching all of pokemon last month and I've been watching it since then before suddenly wanting to play again (My last copy of the game was platinum, but it is missing now along with my DS Lite T_T I want my giratina back D: . I think I know where it is, but I have no access until next month... Hopefully the new X/Y is big enough that I won't have enough badges to control it before then...))

I personally was looking in the list of cards one by one looking for a "has not been released in English/North America" I couldn't get the console versions of the TCG. I only had a few Japanese cards and a bunch of NA cards.

(I could have sworn I made an account here a few years back, but I guess not).

What makes me really sad is that I bought a JP 3DS just for this game before learning about the language function... And I found out about the language function like 3 minutes after it got shipped so I couldn't cancel >.<
    Last edited by ariaandkia; 7th October 2013 at 10:50 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchman! View Post
    Doesn't matter whose email was used, no. Plenty of kids entered via parents email.

On the matter of Imakuni.....I'l just point out that the question always said "character", and not "Pokémon". That should really have been a clue to people right from the beginning.
    Last edited by Archaic; 7th October 2013 at 12:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Archaic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitchman! View Post
    Doesn't matter whose email was used, no. Plenty of kids entered via parents email.

On the matter of Imakuni.....I'l just point out that the question always said "character", and not "Pokémon". That should really have been a clue to people right from the beginning.
    I think some of us consider pokemon as characters though, especially the more unique ones such as surfing pikachu. That is why I looked through all the known cards one by one and not just specific ones. I guessed Imakuni, but even so.

I know I won't win, my luck is just too low right now, but still XD
    Last edited by ariaandkia; 7th October 2013 at 01:30 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ariaandkia View Post
    I think some of us consider pokemon as characters though, especially the more unique ones such as surfing pikachu.
    Exactly. Nevertheless, I won't complain any further, it's still my own fault I got the wrong answer
    Shiny Blaze
    Owner of a Living Dex
    Owner of 80+ Shinies

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Blaze View Post
    I think some of us consider pokemon as characters though, especially the more unique ones such as surfing pikachu.
    Exactly. Nevertheless, I won't complain any further, it's still my own fault I got the wrong answer
    I'm still rooting for you XD

BTW, if we used the Japanese names, would that have been fine? Just to check since if my friend had tried, he? would have used the Japanese names. (I know it is a bit late to ask, but still ^_^; )
    Last edited by ariaandkia; 7th October 2013 at 02:28 PM.

Blog Entries

well I most likely lost, I'm super confident about all of my answers except the first one which I barely put thought into thinking it was a nobrainer XP

my only chance is if less than 10 people get all 5 right (which I seriously doubt :P)

Blog Entries

BTW, if we used the Japanese names, would that have been fine? Just to check since if my friend had tried, he? would have used the Japanese names. (I know it is a bit late to ask, but still ^_^; )
    Japanese names would've been fine, though none of those came up in awarding prizes.

Quote Originally Posted by Archaic View Post

Japanese names would've been fine, though none of those came up in awarding prizes.
    I was going to use the Japanese names myself, but considering that the questions were in English and I was doing this like last second, I just used the English names to be safe. My friend must've chosen to not participate then :S They absolutely hate the translated names.

Will you announce the winners and post the correct answers then?
    My favorite pokemon are Togepi and Missingno (The red version).
    I love cute pokemon and ghost and fairy types are really cute!
    My goal is to collect cute pokemon and to fight for the equality of all pokemon!
    Current favorite phrase: 私のために死ぬください - Watashi no tame ni shinu kudasai. Because zombies are cute!

Blog Entries

I always thought of Pikachu, of all Pokemon, a character. Considering all the fan-goods he generates, the fact he's a co-star in the anime, or main star in multiple spin-offs, and the fact he's pretty much the main mascot for the entire series. Following the question I took the Mt Fuji surfing pikachu as a card, and Pikachu as a character.

But I'm not here to cry over spilled milk. I got the wrong answer and that's a fact.

Bah, I got them all right, but didn't win. Ah, well. Wait, was just "Lucy" considered correct too? Because I only wrote Lucy XD If not writing Pike Queen Lucy is wrong, then lol, I suck.
    つまらないものはさっさと消去。

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast