Bulbagarden X/Y Launch Giveaway: 10 copies of Pokémon X/Y to be given away! - Page 4

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Bulbagarden X/Y Launch Giveaway: 10 copies of Pokémon X/Y to be given away!

Somalian Anarchy Leader! Please Understand's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Please Understand on Tumblr Visit Please Understand's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Bulbagarden X/Y Launch Giveaway: 10 copies of Pokémon X/Y to be given away!

I sent out my entry.

Good luck to all!
    Why are you looking here? There is nothing here.

Default Re: Bulbagarden X/Y Launch Giveaway: 10 copies of Pokémon X/Y to be given away!

Well I'm ALMOST done with my entry, but the Manga question is troubling me. I have two possible answers to that question, depending on wether or not I take Chuang Yi into account (it's based in Singapore rather than the US, but they also do English translations). I'd send both my answers but I don't think that's valid xD
    Ehh, screw it, might as well go yolo and send the answers right now. :V

Hi! I have been following Bulbapedia for quite some time now, but only now discovered that there is a forum for it (A)

Regarding the give-a-way, I also sent in my answers at the start of the giveaway, but yesterday, when looking over my answers again, I saw I made a mistake. Is it still possible to change my answers? ><

I'd like some clarification for question 4: Would a Trainer card that was reprinted as a Supporter card count as the same card or two different cards? Thank you. =)

Pokémon Black Friend Code: 5157 6732 4938
    Pokémon White Friend Code: 2881 3405 8729

So I just have to send an email with the answers, right? Do I need to include any other information?

So does anybody know if the are judging mis-spellings as incorrect? Such as spelling Pikachu as Pikacu

Quote Originally Posted by Rodrigo-kun View Post
    I'd like some clarification for question 4: Would a Trainer card that was reprinted as a Supporter card count as the same card or two different cards? Thank you. =)
    According to their Twitter, they said that they're separate cards. However, I'm still wondering about a certain Stadium card that contains a picture of the character. It's really bothering me because this is the only question I'm second guessing this badly.

Quote Originally Posted by Missingno650 View Post
    So does anybody know if the are judging mis-spellings as incorrect? Such as spelling Pikachu as Pikacu
    They said that misspellings are fine as long as they can understand what you're saying. So Pikachu as Pikacu should be perfectly fine.

Quote Originally Posted by RockingBlur View Post
    Well I'm ALMOST done with my entry, but the Manga question is troubling me. I have two possible answers to that question, depending on wether or not I take Chuang Yi into account (it's based in Singapore rather than the US, but they also do English translations). I'd send both my answers but I don't think that's valid xD
    Ehh, screw it, might as well go yolo and send the answers right now. :V
    Yea, I really wish I could get an answer on this. I'm highly positive that only Vizmedia counts since apparently a lot of people have got this question correct despite this issue here.

But here's what their Twitter has said:
    "@Wattie_99 The question includes any and all manga officially released in English."

Also, I remember a Tweet that said they were aware of the 2003 manga but said the info wasn't verified or something, but that tweet seems to be gone now (or at least I can't find it).

Either way, I'm running out of time, and I'm going to have to go with something soon >_<

The starter question is confusing me a bit. Pikachu was a starter in Yellow, so most main series games would be included in the answer since you can find Pikachu in the wild for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sombres View Post
    The starter question is confusing me a bit. Pikachu was a starter in Yellow, so most main series games would be included in the answer since you can find Pikachu in the wild for them.
    It's because you can find Pikachu in the wild that he is not a starter.

Starter :
    - Could not be found in the wild.
    - Fire/Water/Grass type.
    - Learn a Water/Fire/Grass Hyperbeam like move.

So I just have to send an email with the answers, right? Do I need to include any other information?
    I only sent my answers. they may ask us only if we win.

Yea, I really wish I could get an answer on this. I'm highly positive that only Vizmedia counts since apparently a lot of people have got this question correct despite this issue here.
    How do you know that ?
    Last edited by Hido; 5th October 2013 at 12:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Celice View Post
    According to their Twitter, they said that they're separate cards. However, I'm still wondering about a certain Stadium card that contains a picture of the character. It's really bothering me because this is the only question I'm second guessing this badly.
    It's the only one I'm not sure of, either. What exactly does "based on" mean in this scenario?

Quote Originally Posted by The Eleventh View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Celice View Post
    It's the only one I'm not sure of, either. What exactly does "based on" mean in this scenario?
    "Professor Oak's Research" is "based on" the character "Professor Oak"

Entries are limited to 1 per person, and you cannot change your answers after submitting your email
    How a person is authenticated ? By email adress ? By ip adress ? So 2 brothers cannot participate ?
    there is no form for name or adress, I only give my answers.

Don't Under-Estimate Cute Shadow The Shiny Umbreon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Add Shadow The Shiny Umbreon on Facebook Add Shadow The Shiny Umbreon on Google+
    Follow Shadow The Shiny Umbreon on Tumblr

Nooo. I love pokemon so much, but I lost my cable 6 months ago! This has backfired, as well as being a little late in the games. All I got is W2,W,B,SoulSilver and Pearl. The last 2 I just got. And my parents screwed me over by buying Halo 3! FOR MY B-DAY!
    MY B-DAY IS 4 DAYS FROM THE RELEASE! WHY NOT BY ME THAT?!

M-Blaziken, so much yes Shiny Blaze's Avatar Bulbapedia Junior Administrator
    Blog Entries

Visit Shiny Blaze's Youtube Channel

Send in my entry not too long after the contest was opened, still one question though that I couldn't find in the article pertaining to the contest:

The contest ends today, but when will the winners be announced?
    Shiny Blaze
    Owner of a Living Dex
    Owner of 80+ Shinies
    Obtained: 718 out of 719
    3DS Y FC: 0576-4616-1571

黒い王様 Archaic's Avatar Webmaster
    Blog Entries
    Follow Archaic On Twitter

Again, I'll briefly answer some of the questions here, without giving things away (well, maybe I'm giving away Question 1 a little by adding the emphasis, but seriously now...). I'll repeat the answers from earlier as well, so you have them in one convenient post.

I'll also say this. Some of the questions we've been asked here show that you're on the wrong track. We'll answer your question, but it won't do you any good in actually answering the question, since it's not actually relevant to finding the answer.

General Issues:
    There is only one intended valid answer to each question. However, due to some issues elaborated on briefly with a few questions below, there are circumstances where we will accept some alternative answers.
    The wording of some questions has been refined since the contest was originally posted, in order to make the intent of the question more explicit. People who answers prior to the rewording based on the alternative interpretation of the question will not be penalized.
    People should NOT resubmit answers to any question, regardless of if they answered before a question was reworded or not. We will take into consideration if people answered before the question was reworded in marking their response.
    It's a worldwide contest. We'll obtain a copy from your local region if you win.
    The contest is effectively 1 entry per household, yes. It would be too open to abuse otherwise, since everyone would just claim they had brothers or sisters and send in multiple entries.
    All answers can be found on the relevant pages of Bulbapedia. Some questions may require you to look at multiple pages to get the answer, others may require you to read only one.
    It is not generally possible for us to check if we've received your email, no. We've got too many entries we'd have to go through.
    Winners will be contacted directly via email on Monday. The answers for the contest will also be announced then. The public announcement of the winners will be later in the week, when we've heard back from the winners.

The question asks for the full name of the website. Not the URL, not the name of a section of the site. We can't be more explicit than that.

The movies do count as part of the Pokémon anime.

This question was reworded to clarify the intent of "trading" in the question, and to specifically exclude things like distributions and the Dream World. People who responded before the question was reworded will not be penalized for having used the slightly different interpretation of the wording.
    Ignore glitches. We judged that those would make it a trick question, and we didn't intend trick questions.
    If there's a pair of games, name both.
    The starter can be from any generation. Only the Grass-Water-Fire trios are counted, we're not talking about one-off's (which as with glitches, would make it a trick question in our book), so Pokémon like Pikachu don't count.
    Pal Park counts under the clause of "without trading for the starter with another Trainer, or obtaining from some other external source such as a distribution or the Dream World.", since the Pokémon is being obtained from another Game Pak. That doesn't mean that the existence of Pal Park would disqualify a game from being a valid answer here, just that you'd need to obtain the starter through some other means.

As originally worded, the question only specified that the card was physically released in Japan, not that the card was available prior to the release of the Pokémon TCG game for Game Boy. The wording of the question has been altered slightly to make the intent more explicit, and there is now only one card which satisfies the first part of the question. Anyone who answered prior to the question being reworded will not be penalized.
    For the second part of the question, we're looking for any card based off the character. That includes reprints.
    To clarify what "based on" means, Hido was correct with the example of "Professor Oak's Research" being "based on" the character "Professor Oak".

Due to an error in some information on Bulbapedia at the time this contest was posted, which we were unable to correct without basically giving away the answer, there are three different responses which we will accept as correct for this question.
    Any English edition, regardless of publisher, counts.
    Last edited by Archaic; 6th October 2013 at 05:57 PM.
    神出鬼没 - shin shutsu ki botsu

Does Pokemon Colosseum count as "Main series?" I've seen it listed on Bulbapedia as both "main series" and "side series" in the past and need clarification.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast