Bulbagarden X/Y Launch Giveaway: 10 copies of Pokémon X/Y to be given away! - Page 3

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Bulbagarden X/Y Launch Giveaway: 10 copies of Pokémon X/Y to be given away!

Dex

Default Re: Bulbagarden X/Y Launch Giveaway: 10 copies of Pokémon X/Y to be given away!

Quote Originally Posted by Langley View Post
    I just gave up on second guessing everything and sent my entry off. I could find a whole bunch of girls who liked Brock, but not necessarily as a result of him showing his interest in them first, if that's significant. One thing I was wondering about was if we can choose the region for the game? I live in England but have a North American 3DS so I'm okay with what I'd assume is the default region, but many others outside NA won't, obviously. Are Bulbagarden going to check with the winners then somehow buy copies from their specific region? Like go onto Amazon UK or whatever?
    If I understand correctly, there won't be regional versions. All languages will be built in.

Go home Kalos rivers, you're drunk.
    My URPG Stats

Follow Langley on Tumblr Visit Langley's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Bulbagarden X/Y Launch Giveaway: 10 copies of Pokémon X/Y to be given away!

Quote Originally Posted by Dex View Post
    If I understand correctly, there won't be regional versions. All languages will be built in.
    It's not really a language issue, it's just that all 3DS games are region locked. If this one isn't, I think it's the first one ever.

Dex

Quote Originally Posted by Langley View Post
    It's not really a language issue, it's just that all 3DS games are region locked. If this one isn't, I think it's the first one ever.
    Considering all seven languages are in the same game, it wouldn't make much sense to do that if each game could only work in one region (and thus only one, two at most, language).

Then again, sense is for the weak.

Sent mine in. 99% sure of the first four. I never have followed the manga, so for #5 I pretty much looked at the list of them and made an (un)educated guess.

My URPG Stats

Blog Entries

Sent my entry.

I'm pretty confident I got the answers correctly.
    Not so confident I'll be one of the selected winners. Don't have much luck competing with hundred others.

Visit Scarftail's Youtube Channel

Am I right in assuming that a slogan is not necessarily part of a name?
    I wrap my long, white tail around my neck to show off. I also repel dust and static electricity.

Follow Langley on Tumblr Visit Langley's Youtube Channel

Considering all seven languages are in the same game, it wouldn't make much sense to do that if each game could only work in one region (and thus only one, two at most, language).
    Well first of all, 5 of the languages are for one region; Europe has English, French, Spanish, Italian and German. Then you just have Korean and Japanese. They probably just added the European language and Korean onto the core Japanese ROM. It'll be easier to release simultaneously worldwide if they can just clone the same ROM onto every cart.

But that aside, they region lock so they can price gouge in each region rather than offering a universal price; I'm British, and it's cheaper for me to buy the game from Canada than it is to buy it from a shop down the road - this is only possible 'cause I have a NA 3DS, and most sites are blocked by Nintendo from selling 3DS between different region. I just found a rare online store that ignores that block. It doesn't really make any difference for me if they're offering US copies, but I just thought it would be something to bear in mind if anyone European or Asian wins. There has never been a region-free 3DS game and Nintendo have always said they won't change their stance on that, despite it being ridiculous, so I don't think this will be any different. If the creators of the competition are going on the assumption that it'll be region-free, they might want to look into that.

Edit
    Not as if there was any doubt because Nintendo are terrible at this sort of thing, but I just had it confirmed from another forum that the Canadian leak of XY has revealed that the game is region locked. The guy's copy was region-coded for North America. So yeah, since this doesn't seem to have been mentioned, the Bulbaguys should look into this if they haven't already - how exactly are they going to supply people with different region XYs?
    Last edited by Langley; 2nd October 2013 at 09:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Celice View Post
    Also, the card added was a reprint of an existing card. Normally I'd say this doesn't count, but the reprint changed up some things, such as becoming a Supporter card. Does this card count on its own (so instead of 55 cards for the answer, it'd be 56) or is it treated as the same as the original?
    I would also like to know whether reprints should be counted.

Pokemon Trainer since '98 PokePal15's Avatar
    Blog Entries

My question is regarding #3, though I think you may not be able to answer it: When you say "starter" Pokemon, do you mean just the first-stage or can it be any of the second- or third-stage evolutions of the starters?
    3DS F.C.: 2878-9591-1952

Dex

I'd assume that starter refers to the families, but I'm not an official source. I sure hope that's what it was referring to.

And the regions thing: Guess I was wrong. I was also unaware that Europe was all one region. So European DSs have all the languages built into their menus?

My URPG Stats

Thank you for the help, Archaic. Though I do have one last, and a bit embarrassing, question. Is there a way to confirm that an e-mail was received by the "xycontest@bulbagarden.net" e-mail account? I thought I sent an entry after making a draft of one, but there is no e-mail in either my draft or sent folders. ^.^"

Quote Originally Posted by PokePal15 View Post
    My question is regarding #3, though I think you may not be able to answer it: When you say "starter" Pokemon, do you mean just the first-stage or can it be any of the second- or third-stage evolutions of the starters?
    Regardless, I don't think including evolutions would change the answer.

Okay, it doesn't say in this thread, the announcement thread or the Bulbanews post that you're not allowed to post the answers to the trivia questions, so I'm gonna do it. When the the thought originally crossed my mind I was like, "No wait, that'll lower my chances of winning!" Then I felt guilty for having such a selfish thought, so here they are.

Contest Answers
    1. Bulbagarden: The original Pokémon community.

2. Wilhelmina, Pike Queen Lucy and Holly. (There's another Lucy, so be specific.)

3. Yellow, Emerald, HeartGold and SoulSilver.

4. Eleven. (The question references the "Imakuni?" card.)

5. Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Ginji's Rescue Team.

DISCLAIMER: I'm 100% certain that numbers 2, 3 and 5 are correct (just check the related Bulbapedia articles). I'm 99% certain number 4 is correct, because the "Imakuni?" card was indeed released in Japan before the TCG Game Boy game (check the Bulbapedia pages for the dates) and was never released in English, and Archaic said there was only one answer for each question, but still, I'm not familiar with the TCG or its GB incarnation, so I could be wrong.

But as for question number one? I really have no idea whatsoever if that's the correct answer. I've been using Bulbapedia for years and I actually never heard of Bulbagarden. I think most people know Bulbapedia first, and Bulbagarden second if at all, so use this answer at your own risk.

(It's the "full name of this site" that's throwing people off, I think.)

I could sure use a free copy of a game I really want, but I'm sure there're people who need it more than me, so good luck everyone ^_^

Post Re: Bulbagarden X/Y Launch Giveaway: 10 copies of Pokémon X/Y to be given away!

Quote Originally Posted by Simba View Post
    Okay, it doesn't say in this thread, the announcement thread or the Bulbanews post that you're not allowed to post the answers to the trivia questions, so I'm gonna do it. When the the thought originally crossed my mind I was like, "No wait, that'll lower my chances of winning!" Then I felt guilty for having such a selfish thought, so here they are.

[...](Spoilers?)

I could sure use a free copy of a game I really want, but I'm sure there're people who need it more than me, so good luck everyone ^_^

It is true that it doesn't say it, so hopefully it will be alright to post your entry. Though, I do see a few things that are a bit different from mine or other guesses.

(Caution: Spoils and Loot Ahead)

--

@Akazora
    I'm in a bit of a pinch here. I sent in answers to the questions yesterday, fairly certain I got all of them right. But after one of the questions (more specifically question four) was further elaborated on, I realized I had answered it completely wrong. I know I'm not allowed to change my answers, but can there be an exception this time considering the situation?
    Archaic mentioned something about allowing the third question to be resubmitted due to changes in the wording, so I can guess that the same might occur for question four. Though, I would PM them if none of the staff chimes in the thread in the next day or so.
    Last edited by Sgv_Sth; 3rd October 2013 at 03:48 AM. Reason: (Bad Spelling and Spacing)

Hi !

@Simba
    It seems obvious that you cannot give the answers here. I think that you want to know the opinions from others before sending your answers. ;)

@Sgv_Sth
    You don't have to resubmit. If your first wrong response is considered as affected by the wording of the question, they just count as right. If you answer a silly answer like "Magikarp", then it will be considered wrong.

Note : Sorry, I'm not English :'(

Quote Originally Posted by Sgv_Sth View Post

It is true that it doesn't say it, so hopefully it will be alright to post your entry. Though, I do see a few things that are a bit different from mine or other guesses.

(Caution: Spoils and Loot Ahead)

--
    For number one, yeah, that part got me too -- the contest was posted on Bulbanews. That's really throwing everyone off, I think.

As for number three, I would hope/expect they wouldn't be so pedantic as to count your answers as wrong for not including "Pokemon ___ Version" for every answer.

As for four, I went by how many pages are in the category of Imakuni? cards in Bulbapedia, since Archaic said all the answers were discoverable by browsing the wiki.

Quote Originally Posted by Hido View Post
    Hi !

@Simba
    It seems obvious that you cannot give the answers here. I think that you want to know the opinions from others before sending your answers. ;)
    Heh, yeah. Until Archaic posts the answers, no one can really "give" the correct answers, since we don't know for sure.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast