Black and White sells 2.63 million copies in first two days: Games set selling record

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Black and White sells 2.63 million copies in first two days: Games set selling record

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur BulbaBot's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Black and White sells 2.63 million copies in first two days: Games set selling record

Black and White sells 2.63 million copies in first two days: Games set selling record

Nintendo has revealed that Pokémon Black and White, released September 18 in Japan, have sold a combined 2.63 million copies, making a record for most copies of any Japanese videogame sold within the first two days.

Read more on Bulbanews

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Black and White sells 2.63 million copies in first two days: Games set selling re

...and Nintendo thinks having B/W content would demolish that? Hell no, I'll buy Black too! XD

is obsessed with Noivern! Zekurom's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Black and White sells 2.63 million copies in first two days: Games set selling re

Well, considering all the preorders it got, I'm not surprised. People are hyped.
    The word "quadragonal" is the only word with "dragon" in it where "dragon" is not a root word. That makes it awesome.

Some of the best news in the week so far.

I can't wait to hear the follow up by people like Masuda.
    V Faction: Bulbatized

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3136 - 6603 - 1330

Blog Entries

According to the article, the entire series has now sold more than 140 million copies worldwide.

Pretty good.
    The word "quadragonal" is the only word with "dragon" in it where "dragon" is not a root word. That makes it awesome.

Blog Entries

Can only wonder how many of those were people outside of Japan ordering them.
    Astronomy Club... you know you want to.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaname Madoka
    If someone tells me that it’s wrong to hope, I will tell them they’re wrong every time.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tsuness View Post
    And even so, most of those people still get the international copies too! That's helping Nintendo out!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tsuness View Post
    I'm gonna add to that soon enough
    Ultimately, I serve only one master... pure logic.
    Fanclub for an underloved Trash Pokemon...
    JP White FC: Joey 5457 5199 6851
    EN Black FC: Lipanda 3825 7876 0484

Blog Entries

I'm still debating on dropping the $70 for a game I can't understand any of, other than how to play it :/ +2 for Nintendo when it comes to the States I guess.
    Astronomy Club... you know you want to.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaname Madoka
    If someone tells me that it’s wrong to hope, I will tell them they’re wrong every time.

So this must mean I am crazy for still being hesitant on buying these.

I shot a god Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zekurom View Post
    According to the article, the entire series has now sold more than 140 million copies worldwide.

Pretty good.
    Last I checked, it had sold over 200 million.

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by -Ryuutakeshi- View Post
    Last I checked, it had sold over 200 million.
    Either that, or I'm misreading something. It does say something about "having sold more than 140 million" of something in the first sentence.

I shot a god Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

Pokemon has sold 207 million units worldwide.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/TECH/gaming.gadgets/08/13/pokemon.championship/index.html

Now about 210 actually.

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

*rules with cotton fist* Kayi-chan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm certainly happy for GenV, but I say that, without the combined efforts of DPPt in dragging in a new generation of players, and HGSS both restarting and reinforcing the old one's interest on Pokemon, BW would have been less than lucky...

Then again, this is what happened with me, so it might be just my own very personal experience; HGSS brought me back in... and I'm sure I won't miss out on BW now! *waits for English release*

2010/08/02: 4th chapter

More fanfiction at:
    Kayi S. Rowling's Library

Blog Entries

Follow gallowsCalibrator on Tumblr

Ha looks like we can expect a Gen VI, if thats the kind of reception Gen V got! I personally dont understand enough Japanese to warrant buying the Japanese version, but Im certainly getting BW (havnt secided which) when its released in Aus. And Ill probably get the 3rd version too...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast