Black and White to feature only Gen V Pokémon pre-National Dex: Feature announced in
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Black and White to feature only Gen V Pokémon pre-National Dex: Feature announced in

Default Black and White to feature only Gen V Pokémon pre-National Dex: Feature announced in

Black and White to feature only Gen V Pokémon pre-National Dex: Feature announced in Game ...

Game Freak director Junichi Masuda has updated his blog with an unexpected announcement. Pokémon Black and White Versions will only feature Generation V Pokémon up until the player acquires the National Pokédex.

Read more on Bulbanews

antidope Ivysaur's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Black and White to feature only Gen V Pokémon pre-National Dex: Feature announced

I still find this an exaggeration on Masuda's part. It's not like they haven't exaggerated before. Besides, we've already seen Pikachu's picture on a billboard in Hiun City. Why would they bother to include Pikachu there, if the species isn't going to appear in Isshu in the wild?
    And I don’t care if I lose
    Because my heroes did too
    They shouted court should be adjourned
    Because the jury are fools
    And the judge can’t decipher his left from his right
    Or his right from his wrong

Default Re: Black and White to feature only Gen V Pokémon pre-National Dex: Feature announced

I'm not too disappointed by this really. It makes you use new pokemon, so you mix it up a little instead of using the same ones over and over. It's going to feel a lot like RSE now, which will be nice since Ruby was my first game. My only wish is that they make nearly all other pokemon available after getting the national dex so you don't have to rely on the new transfer feature.

Follow Rainbow On Twitter Add Rainbow on Facebook Add Rainbow on Google+ Add Rainbow on MySpace
    Add Rainbow on Linkedin Follow Rainbow on Tumblr Follow Rainbow on Flickr Visit Rainbow's Youtube Channel

Well, that's not surprising. I guess the Luvdisc evo will only be available after you get the national dex then.

I'm psyched by this.

We might actually get the 130-150 new Pokemon instead of just the silly old 100.
    Up the airy mountains / Down the rushy Glen /
    We dare not go a-hunting / For fear of Fairy-type Pokémon

Trophies

Follow Pokelova on Tumblr

Oh Junichi, what more crazy new stuff will you come up with?

It will be an extremely sad day when he dies.

It's tasting time! Kasumi's Avatar Former Art Director
    Blog Entries
    Follow Kasumi On Twitter Add Kasumi on Google+
    Follow Kasumi on Tumblr Follow Kasumi on Flickr

I love how this just means no more Zubat and Geodude in caves and no more Tentacool in water until you beat the E4. JOY.

Blog Entries

The fact that there were only new Pokemon so far hints to this, but this confirmation is a pleasant surprise because the thought that there will only be new Pokemon in Isshu is very exciting. The only thing I wonder is if there exists evolution or pre-evolutions, and they exist outside the dex, will this amount to more than 160 new Pokemon, as I expect the Isshu dex to have 150 Pokemon.

Sentinal of Anistar Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kasumi View Post
    I love how this just means no more Zubat and Geodude in caves and no more Tentacool in water until you beat the E4. JOY.
    Instead, it'll be Koromori and co until we beat the E4. JOY.

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

I think there has to be some loopholes. Like with pokémon receiving pre-evos.

Follow Rainbow On Twitter Add Rainbow on Facebook Add Rainbow on Google+ Add Rainbow on MySpace
    Add Rainbow on Linkedin Follow Rainbow on Tumblr Follow Rainbow on Flickr Visit Rainbow's Youtube Channel

I was glad about the Zubats and Tentacools going away, too. But I'm pretty sure there will be some new equally annoying pokemon that appear all the time.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Thank goodness, I don't have to run into Geodude and Zubat in caves, as well as Tentacool and Wingull in the sea pre-National Dex.

On a side note: from the looks of things, Koromori could be Zubat's Isshu counterpart.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kodizzle! View Post
    I think there has to be some loopholes. Like with pokémon receiving pre-evos.
    If Masuda says there will be no pre-V pokes, I believe it.

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

Quote Originally Posted by -Ryuutakeshi- View Post
    If Masuda says there will be no pre-V pokes, I believe it.
    ...I'm still on the fence about the rumored Sandshrew pre-evo.

Blog Entries

That's obviously fake.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast