Black and White concept art unveiled: Further English names also confirmed

Thread: Black and White concept art unveiled: Further English names also confirmed

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur BulbaBot's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Black and White concept art unveiled: Further English names also confirmed

Black and White concept art unveiled: Further English names also confirmed

The February issue of NGamer magazine published concept art for two of the Pokémon introduced in Pokémon Black and White Versions. In other news, a video posted on the Official Nintendo Magazine UK website has revealed English names for three locations in Black and White.

Read more on Bulbanews

War
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Black and White concept art unveiled: Further English names also confirmed

I like Tepig's drooling face. xD

We're very concerned. Bittersweet's Avatar

Follow Bittersweet on Tumblr

Default Re: Black and White concept art unveiled: Further English names also confirmed

Sky Arrow Bridge has become Skyarrow Bridge? THIS. CHANGES. EVERYTHING.

Driftveil City... hm, okay then... whatever. :/

"Royal Unova" is a cool name.

My Gold Trainer Card (Pokémon X) :)

Load of Belloni
    Blog Entries

Aww pooh. That concept art has been drifting around since before the games were even released in japan. They had ones for the likes of Tsutarja, Victini, not to mention wide-awake Musharna.

Still, it's nice to see a clearer version of the Zoroark one at least.

Blog Entries

Meh, nothing greatly new. Whenever I hear "English names also confirmed" I think its new pokemon names, it hardly is
    Last edited by Angelus; 18th February 2011 at 07:25 AM.

White FC 4684-7933-9450

Blog Entries

That's true, this concept art was previously in Famitsu sometime during B/W's development, although this is the first time I know something like this has appeared overseas.
    Step into the Fairy circle

Surrender now or carry on Bikini Miltank's Avatar Bulbanews Editor-in-Chief
    Blog Entries

I saw this article in the magazine, and I have to admit that I was less interested in the concept art than I was at seeing a model of Jill and her Drill Dozer in the GF offices. Now that I know that at least one of these exists, I must have one.

Load of Belloni
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bikini Miltank View Post
    I was at seeing a model of Jill and her Drill Dozer in the GF offices. Now that I know that at least one of these exists, I must have one.
    Awesome. Y'know, they used a Jill & Drill Dozer model in magazine (and TV, with a real-working drill iirc) advertisments when that game was first released. Wonder if it's the same one...

Quote Originally Posted by BulbaBot View Post
    A major landmark of Castelia City, formerly Sky Arrow Bridge, gets a slight name change to Skyarrow Bridge
    ...how in the world is that a "name change", slight or otherwise?
    So.

Gangsta's Paradise Froakie's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Froakie on Tumblr

I really hate the name Skyarrow Bridge. It just takes away the original meaning from the Japanese name...

Sky Arrow Bridge is a name that inspires valor and glory.
    Skyarrow bridge is a cheap crap name that makes puppies die. :(

Blog Entries

I don't quite understand the need to change Sky Arrow to Skyarrow, I actually didn't realize what it was at first and tried to pronounce it like one word. (I am kind of stupid)

Quote Originally Posted by V Faction View Post
    "Harumpf! I do say, THIS counterfeit was more impressive than THAT counterfeit!"

is obsessed with Noivern! Zekurom's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Skyarrow Bridge? What was wrong with the three-word name T_T
    The word "quadragonal" is the only word with "dragon" in it where "dragon" is not a root word. That makes it awesome.

I don't get why people get upset over names changing from a fan translation. It's...still the same name.

Also, I don't see how these are concept art. Sketches, yes, but they look pretty final to me.

Blog Entries

I could have swore I've seen these concept artworks before..I think they were featured in the Pokemon Pia magazine...