Black and White 2 announced for Australia, New Zealand: Games to be released Spring 2

Like Tree16Likes
  • 11 Post By Luminosity
  • 2 Post By GengarEatBanana
  • 1 Post By Hyperion09
  • 2 Post By Bikini Miltank

Thread: Black and White 2 announced for Australia, New Zealand: Games to be released Spring 2

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur BulbaBot's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Black and White 2 announced for Australia, New Zealand: Games to be released Spring 2

Black and White 2 announced for Australia, New Zealand: Games to be released Spring 2012

Nintendo of Australia has given a Spring 2012 release period for Pokémon Black and White 2 in Australia and New Zealand.

Read more on Bulbanews

Goodbye friends, I'll miss you all <3
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Black and White 2 announced for Australia, New Zealand: Games to be released Spri

At first I was thinking "What? They're getting it before Japan?!"

Then I read the rest of the article XD Spring 2012 (southern hemisphere) = Autumn/Fall 2012 (northern hemisphere)

Blog Entries

Default Re: Black and White 2 announced for Australia, New Zealand: Games to be released Spri

No surprises here... :L

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

First I was like "what? Australia's getting the game early?" But then Luminosity reminded me about the Southern Hemisphere.

Banana eating Gengar GengarEatBanana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Awesome. It's gonna be good to have it the same time as everyone else (well, minus Japan).
    SnorlaxMonster and Leggo like this.
    White FC: 2237-0577-3400
    Bulbagarden PO Server!
    P.World | N.World

Blog Entries

Follow gallowsCalibrator on Tumblr

Sweet! We have a date! Cannot wait.

A real monstrosity SnorlaxMonster's Avatar Bulbanews Board of editorsBulbapedia StaffArchives Advisor
    Blog Entries
    Follow SnorlaxMonster On Twitter
    Visit SnorlaxMonster's Youtube Channel

This is pretty much just them announcing what was already obvious. We got BW less than a week after the first English release, so it was certainly going to be close again this time around. I'm not surprised, but I am still happy that they decided to announce it (although I would have preferred if they had just announced it with everyone else).

A whole load of Hoopa Hyperion09's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Hyperion09 On Twitter
    Follow Hyperion09 on Tumblr Visit Hyperion09's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by SnorlaxMonster View Post
    We got BW less than a week after the first English release
    I still want to know why it wasn't on the same week. I see no excuse anymore to delay stuff on our part of the planet just because we don't live in "glorious northern hemisphere".
    SnorlaxMonster likes this.

LiveJournal | Tumblr | Twitter | YouTube
    Quote Originally Posted by TheKingdomkid
    I thought air was free but they sell them in plastic bags and comes with a hand full of chips!!

Zeb
    making a splash Zeb's Avatar Deputy Head Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Zeb on Tumblr

Well in the UK we got Platinum two months after the US did (we even got it later than Australia). So this "glorious northen hemisphere" is hardly that glorious.
    Zeb: 0361-6364-1279 | Thunderbolts and Lightningrods!

Here in Australia we're already able to pre-order them, just thought you'd like to know. o:

Surrender now or carry on Bikini Miltank's Avatar Bulbanews Editor-in-Chief
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperion09 View Post
    I still want to know why it wasn't on the same week. I see no excuse anymore to delay stuff on our part of the planet just because we don't live in "glorious northern hemisphere".
    When the release dates differ by less than a week, it's simply a matter of different regions releasing games on different days of the week. Europe does it on Fridays, North America on Sundays and Australia on Thursdays. Given these restrictions, it's impossible for any international release to be simultaneous, but this one was pretty damn close.

Australia has many good reasons to be annoyed with Nintendo - getting shafted over events, and being deprived of the best game on DSiWare, to name a couple. But this isn't one of them. Remember, it wasn't so long ago that Australia was waiting two months for games already available in English elsewhere, and now that gap has narrowed to almost nothing.

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Bikini Miltank View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyperion09 View Post
    When the release dates differ by less than a week, it's simply a matter of different regions releasing games on different days of the week. Europe does it on Fridays, North America on Sundays and Australia on Thursdays. Given these restrictions, it's impossible for any international release to be simultaneous, but this one was pretty damn close.

Australia has many good reasons to be annoyed with Nintendo - getting shafted over events, and being deprived of the best game on DSiWare, to name a couple. But this isn't one of them. Remember, it wasn't so long ago that Australia was waiting two months for games already available in English elsewhere, and now that gap has narrowed to almost nothing.
    If I remember correctly, wasn't Starfox 64 3D released in America and Europe on 9th September? (Although that was probably mainly due to someone scheduling the US release for the 10th anniversary of 9/11). Also, Kid Icarus: Uprising was released in Japan, America and Europe on 23rd March. In both cases Australia only had to wait 6 days later; but for all other regions, it's possible despite the different day of the week for releases.

So why Australia has to wait 5 days longer when the rest of Nintendo's big territories enjoy a simultaneous release is confusing. But yeah as you said, it's better than previous waiting time (hell, before the 3DS and BW, the idea of Europe getting a game before America was hilarious).
    Last edited by Joshawott; 27th March 2012 at 08:12 AM.