The Biggest Loser: A Battler's Perspective: Thoughts on the generation gap by a compe

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Biggest Loser: A Battler's Perspective: Thoughts on the generation gap by a compe

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur BulbaBot's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default The Biggest Loser: A Battler's Perspective: Thoughts on the generation gap by a compe

The Biggest Loser: A Battler's Perspective: Thoughts on the generation gap by a competitive player

What Pokémon have been left in the dust? Which ones have been unable to adjust to all the changes the battling world has undergone recently? Who is the Biggest Loser, and what does it say about the metagame? In this article, I will attempt to pick out the top five Pokémon, both old and new, most deserving of the title "The Biggest Loser".

Read more on Bulbanews

Do it, like an Animal... RebornRocks's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: The Biggest Loser: A Battler's Perspective: Thoughts on the generation gap by a c

Bulbabot, stop posting twice!

Baby I'll keep you up all night, Gonna tie you up in case you bite.

Blog Entries

Follow Sapphire on Tumblr

Default Re: The Biggest Loser: A Battler's Perspective: Thoughts on the generation gap by a c

I loved this article. It is very true in my opinion...It makes me sad I can't use Charizard...
    :'(

Blog Entries

lol you told a bot off :p

I shot a god Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

Eh, Giratina wasn't very fair, considering that most battles take place on wifi and Origin forme is banned on wifi.

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

Devil Lobster Man Ranger Jack Walker's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Ranger Jack Walker's Youtube Channel

Sceptile still does really well in uu and ou.

Then again, how much would I know? :-P

Follow Daxdiv On Twitter

Interesting read. I do agree with how Alakazam, anything weak to rock, and Sceptile. I kind of ignored walls mostly due to how I mostly play an offensive game. As for the DP additions, never really cared for any of them, except for Weavile, and I do agree that Wealive does need a better STAB physical attack.

I shot a god Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

Ice Punch and Night Slash aren't good enough? They've worked for me.

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

Blog Entries

can i stil use gardavar?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by -Ryuutakeshi- View Post
    Eh, Giratina wasn't very fair, considering that most battles take place on wifi and Origin forme is banned on wifi.
    This is true, but the difference in other avenues is simply too significant to ignore, such as on battle simulators, local tournaments, etc. Also, most competitive players (at least, Western ones) use battle simulators. When given the choice, it is pretty clear that most players will pick the Origin form.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Jack Walker View Post
    Sceptile still does really well in uu and ou.

Then again, how much would I know? :-P
    Eh, not really. As I mentioned, Venusaur and Celebi do the job better in their respective tiers. Note that I didn't mean to pick things that are completely useless nowadays, but Sceptile's usefulness has significantly declined and its speed niche doesn't matter terribly much given how many things use Scarf now.

Quote Originally Posted by Daxdiv View Post
    Interesting read. I do agree with how Alakazam, anything weak to rock, and Sceptile. I kind of ignored walls mostly due to how I mostly play an offensive game. As for the DP additions, never really cared for any of them, except for Weavile, and I do agree that Wealive does need a better STAB physical attack.
    Hence why I included walls. I probably didn't stress enough how bloody offensive this metagame is, but that's how I think the 4th gen will be remembered. Stall is still good, but it's far less defensive than any other previous gen.

Before posting in Battle Strategies, please read the rules and simple questions stickies!

Still rating competitive teams via VM/PM, as well as accepting questions or discussion about battle strategies.
    Pro-tip: Wondercard events can't be shiny unless they're set to be always shiny like PCP.

Certified Renard fanboy Magnagarde's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by -Ryuutakeshi- View Post
    I was just a bout to say that. Anyways, an interesting read, I disagree with Cress, though. I know someone who uses Cress quite well.
    3DS FC: 2380-3776-6603

Blog Entries

Giratina altered? Really? It works very well as a wall and is still in uber if I remember.

Devil Lobster Man Ranger Jack Walker's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Ranger Jack Walker's Youtube Channel

@I am not a he Well yeah, its served me well but I'm new and not experienced. So yeah. :-P

Blog Entries

I'm not an experienced competitive battler (Despite my new cable Internet, I still can't get online for HG/SS.), but I personally have issues with this article. I disagree with Alakazam being shafted because it can still provide adequate special cover with Energy/Shadow Ball, something I like to have. Sceptile is still useful with Energy Ball though. Electivire at least can use Ice Punch on Ground. I like the Stealth Rock part though.

I know that there are instances where a Pokémon has to face off against a superior opponent, but that should be a last resort unless you like challenges. I favor attack versatility, but learning about advanced combinations is still needed.

Future Frontier Brain

I find it a bit odd that they don't mention how Infernape basically replaced Blaziken as the prominent Fire/Fighting Pokemon...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast