Best Wishes! Wish List: What do you wish for? - Page 2

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Wishes! Wish List: What do you wish for?

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Best Wishes! Wish List: What do you wish for?

While I don't always agree with Hellion on everything, (how someone cannot like Corphish and Gliscor, I can never forget!), he does have a good head on his shoulders as to what the anime needs to be good.

Also, Ash really needs to win the league this time and go on a Champion league.

Blog Entries

Follow Bubble Frog on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Iteru View Post
    I said a consistent one, because I recognise its personality in its debut episode.

Tsutarja maintains her personality. We saw it in BW7, BW17 and BW28.

So yeah, not my logic.

Also, in your replies to Hellion's article, you keep referring to future events to counter his article, but remember it was written around December, as it says in such article and from posts in this thread.
    Consistent Personality. You can't expect for Kurumayu to go around attacking people like he did when he was a Kurumiru in Yaguruma forest. He String Shotted Pikachu for a reason. He isn't going to attack people unprovoked.

Oh it was written a while back.

@Gliscor'd That's funny. But I don't see it happening. Sense this show exist to sell stuff.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gotpika View Post
    You can't expect for them to give every Pokemon a storyline who cares if Mijumaru has one?
    Why not if it makes the show more interesting and helps establish the pokémon's personalities?

A storyline can be something small, an obstacle to overcome. Like say when Grotle had to adapt to its loss of speed after evolution or Gible mastering Draco Meteor. While Mijumaru has problems with Aqua Jet, but do we see it working on it? No. If we saw Mijumaru work on it with Ash, care more about getting better at battling, then it would make me care more about him and would make his future battles and victories more meaningful, have more substance.

Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    While I don't always agree with Hellion on everything, (how someone cannot like Corphish and Gliscor, I can never forget!), he does have a good head on his shoulders as to what the anime needs to be good.
    The anime needs less Corphish and Gliscor :P

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by gotpika View Post
    Oh it was written a while back.
    In December... for the Holiday Contests...

I live in sunny Southern California, USA.

Hellion,

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU for such a well written article, that so clearly and concisely expresses what we all are thinking, as fans who have grown up with the anime series over the years. I could not agree more with everything that you said in the article. Hopefully, someone (ANYONE!!!) who is a writer for the anime will read it, and take some of your suggestions to heart, and we can finally see some improvements to the storyline and plot of the anime, which are so desperately needed.
    May the Force Be With You, Always...JediKnightDTV at Bulbapedia Email me here

Blog Entries

At least it's better than Johto so far, comparing the first 28 eps of each.

Blog Entries

Follow Tsutarja on Tumblr

At least it's better than Johto so far, comparing the first 28 eps of each.
    How do you even dare to compare it to Johto? XD

Gangsta's Paradise Froakie's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Froakie on Tumblr

Nice article, Hellion. Although I have opposing views than you when it comes to characters in Best Wishes (and most things), I agree we need more personality of the main pokemon and need better rivals. There's nothing at all going for Trip currently.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
    Why not if it makes the show more interesting and helps establish the pokémon's personalities?

A storyline can be something small, an obstacle to overcome. Like say when Grotle had to adapt to its loss of speed after evolution or Gible mastering Draco Meteor. While Mijumaru has problems with Aqua Jet, but do we see it working on it? No. If we saw Mijumaru work on it with Ash, care more about getting better at battling, then it would make me care more about him and would make his future battles and victories more meaningful, have more substance.
    I don't see how that'd make the story more interesting. If every Pokemon had a story or something.

Fukamaru wasn't even that cool or fun to me. It was basically Satoshi every episode saying "Fukamaru Meteoric Swarm!", "Fukamaru Use Meteoric Swarm" over and over and hoping he would master it. Grotle neither he was like the fat kid of the class that can't keep up when he was a Turtwig he was cool but all he did was lose over and over. He was cool in the "Snover Balls, Grotle Nuts" episode with the lost Snover though.

Give Mijumaru some time. Have some patience once and let the writers do the job there being paid millions of Yen to do. They have it all planned out Doryuzu, Zuruggu, Kibago, Pokabu, Tsutarja, Mijumaru, and a load of other stuff. You don't see the target audience obsessing over all that do you?

@Scott What's wrong with Johto?

Blog Entries

This article is ridiculous! You do realize Hellion, that there's only been 28 Episodes of Black and White?

How much personality do you remember Ash's team having at the beginning of DP; Turtwig had an oral fixation and that's about it really.

Aipom liked to steal Ash's hat and so did a billion other Pokemon. Starly was almost non-existent at the beginning of the series; the same thing with every other single regional bird Ash has ever owned.

You tried to make Noctowl sound like this amazing fighter but honestly I think the only real battle Noctowl ever had (before the Sinnoh league) was the Ecruteak gym, aside from that Noctowl was just used whenever Ash needed to pop a balloon. If memory serves Staravia got shafted too, it didn't even learn Brave Bird until DP68.

As for the personalities of the rest of Ash's team, you seem to be forgetting his Sociopathic Scraggy & a Swadloon who hates Ash's guts. That's pretty good considering we're only 28 episodes in. Give the writers some time to introduce a plot-line to the rest of Ash's Pokemon.

Your reservations regarding Trip are equally as moronic. You seem to think that unless a trainer acts like the Mom from "a Child Called "It"' they aren't a worthy rival.

Ash and Trip clash because of their backgrounds. It hasn't been stated, but one can infer based on trip's clothes, demeanor and a top of the line camera that trip comes from a least a somewhat wealthy background; the kind of upbringing that makes Ash look insignificant compared to him, something Trip never wants to let Ash forget. In that regard I see Ash & Trip's rivalry as a struggle of class differences. Trip needs to be taken down a peg and realize that he can't be as prejudiced as he is now if he ever expects to succeed as a trainer; underestimation can be one of your biggest hindrances in a fight.

What I thought was really stupid was when you degraded the writers for giving Ash and trip town the same evolution family. Do Torterra and Gliscor ring a bell for you?

My point is that it's still way too early to be forming opinions about BW yet. The series is just starting to get it's legs. God forbid the writers don't already have established plot-lines for Ash's individual Pokemon upon their debut. Just remember that at 28 episodes Ash didn't even own Chimchar or Buizel.

I'd try to counter-argue the rest of your article, but I couldn't actually stomach reading it any further.

Blog Entries

Lol, why so angry?

You can still compare the first 28 eps here to the first 28 eps of any other saga.

Blog Entries

Lol, why so angry?

You can still compare the first 28 eps here to the first 28 eps of any other saga.
    My point is that this article is full of shit. I did compare these first 28 eps to previous sagas and we're already better off than DP was at this point.

Blog Entries

Moltanic, you seem to be forgetting that Satoshi has three badges so far in Best Wishes, Satoshi in Diamond and Pearl only had one at 28 episodes in.

Also, Kurumayu does not hate Satoshi anymore, if you hadn't have realised from the appearances outside its debut episode.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Moltanic View Post
    This article is ridiculous! You do realize Hellion, that there's only been 28 Episodes of Black and White?

How much personality do you remember Ash's team having at the beginning of DP; Turtwig had an oral fixation and that's about it really.

Aipom liked to steal Ash's hat and so did a billion other Pokemon. Starly was almost non-existent at the beginning of the series; the same thing with every other single regional bird Ash has ever owned.

You tried to make Noctowl sound like this amazing fighter but honestly I think the only real battle Noctowl ever had (before the Sinnoh league) was the Ecruteak gym, aside from that Noctowl was just used whenever Ash needed to pop a balloon. If memory serves Staravia got shafted too, it didn't even learn Brave Bird until DP68.

As for the personalities of the rest of Ash's team, you seem to be forgetting his Sociopathic Scraggy & a Swadloon who hates Ash's guts. That's pretty good considering we're only 28 episodes in. Give the writers some time to introduce a plot-line to the rest of Ash's Pokemon.

Your reservations regarding Trip are equally as moronic. You seem to think that unless a trainer acts like the Mom from "a Child Called "It"' they aren't a worthy rival.

Ash and Trip clash because of their backgrounds. It hasn't been stated, but one can infer based on trip's clothes, demeanor and a top of the line camera that trip comes from a least a somewhat wealthy background; the kind of upbringing that makes Ash look insignificant compared to him, something Trip never wants to let Ash forget. In that regard I see Ash & Trip's rivalry as a struggle of class differences. Trip needs to be taken down a peg and realize that he can't be as prejudiced as he is now if he ever expects to succeed as a trainer; underestimation can be one of your biggest hindrances in a fight.

What I thought was really stupid was when you degraded the writers for giving Ash and trip town the same evolution family. Do Torterra and Gliscor ring a bell for you?

My point is that it's still way too early to be forming opinions about BW yet. The series is just starting to get it's legs. God forbid the writers don't already have established plot-lines for Ash's individual Pokemon upon their debut. Just remember that at 28 episodes Ash didn't even own Chimchar or Buizel.

I'd try to counter-argue the rest of your article, but I couldn't actually stomach reading it any further.
    This Post is in the Top Percentage of Post. Nice job on your argument it really is a nice reply.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Moltanic View Post
    My point is that this article is full of shit. I did compare these first 28 eps to previous sagas and we're already better off than DP was at this point.
    And 28 eps into DP, both Dawn and Paul were better developed characters than Iris or Trip so far.

Blog Entries

And 28 eps into DP, both Dawn and Paul were better developed characters than Iris or Trip so far.
    Hikari did contest Iris doesn't there's a difference between development and new sparkly coordinator stuff.

I don't call being a jerk plot development at all.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast