Best Wishes teaser shown on Pokémon Sunday: New character "Dento" confirms earlier .. - Page 3

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Best Wishes teaser shown on Pokémon Sunday: New character "Dento" confirms earlier ..

Enjoying Pokemon since 98 Talia's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Talia On Twitter
    Follow Talia on Tumblr

Default Re: Best Wishes teaser shown on Pokémon Sunday: New character "Dento" confirms earlie

Oh my... her pokemon jumped INTO HER HAIR.

That's crazy stuff right there XDDD

And the guy looks really un-pokemony to me for some reason. Just his eyes or something o.o
    "If you love somebody, set them free. If they return, they were always yours. If they don't, they never were."
    -Anonymous.

NONE OF YOU ARE SAFE. Eldritch_One's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Best Wishes teaser shown on Pokémon Sunday: New character "Dento" confirms earlie

I didn't see Ash at all.

I swear to GOD if Ash is out of the anime, I'm done with it. It bugs me enough when they drop the female lead every new generation.
    The Shining Trapezohedron - MAH BLOG!

THERE'S ALWAYS FREE CHEESE INSIDE OF A RAT TRAP.
    "I AM THE MOST AWESOME OF ROMANS. FUCKIUS YESIUS. COMMANDER OF THE LEGIO BADASSIUS!"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Eldritch_One View Post
    I swear to GOD if Ash is out of the anime, I'm done with it. It bugs me enough when they drop the female lead every new generation.
    Am I the only one who wishes Ash would just go away?

Quote Originally Posted by V Faction View Post
    "Harumpf! I do say, THIS counterfeit was more impressive than THAT counterfeit!"

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

I never even cared for the anime after the second season.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CypherFDP View Post
    It's unrealistic to expect Ash to leave the cartoon. But personally, I wouldn't mind a new protagonist, or preferably, a time-skip.
    3DS FC: 1203-9389-8130

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The_Noob View Post
    I never even cared for the anime after the second season.

really?

you should watch the hoenn saga. it's by far the best pokémon saga.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CypherFDP View Post
    No, you aren't. I've been asking for a hard reset since the first season ended. The original trio was designed to last one season with the show, instead they copped out and extended it, getting rid of any conclusion and character development and getting rid of two of them silently, and then one came back and neither of them are any further than they were at the end of the Indigo League in terms of character. At this point I'll never get my wish of seeing the original and canceled ending but at the least they can give us a new beginning. I liked Ash when Ash was developing, gaining more knowledge, getting stronger and becoming closer to his Pokemon, but when he sends them all to Oak every couple of years and suddenly his Pikachu can't beat the simplest of new trainers each gen, that's a sign we need change. It's about time they stop using the point in Ash's development from the end of the first season and using it in every single series with no change but his surroundings. He's hardly a character now in my opinion, he's a convenient element for plot progression/repetition. No offense to Ash fans, and I still like watching him in action, but as a writer it just feels like lazy writing to keep this formula going. If we have to have the same gym/evil team writing, we can at least focus on someone we haven't already memorized.

Moderator AceTrainer14's Avatar Forum Head
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

Iris looks a bit kooky in my opinion. I don't really see how her climbing trees and that sort of personality will fit in with the rest of the series, but that's just me. And the guy didn't really have that much focus, so unsure about him. But I am glad that all the starters are going to be used

^^^^ The GalacticVerse Bibliography (Thanks to Blazaking for Banner) ^^^^

NONE OF YOU ARE SAFE. Eldritch_One's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JeanLuc Pika-Q View Post
    No, you aren't. I've been asking for a hard reset since the first season ended. The original trio was designed to last one season with the show, instead they copped out and extended it, getting rid of any conclusion and character development and getting rid of two of them silently, and then one came back and neither of them are any further than they were at the end of the Indigo League in terms of character. At this point I'll never get my wish of seeing the original and canceled ending but at the least they can give us a new beginning. I liked Ash when Ash was developing, gaining more knowledge, getting stronger and becoming closer to his Pokemon, but when he sends them all to Oak every couple of years and suddenly his Pikachu can't beat the simplest of new trainers each gen, that's a sign we need change. It's about time they stop using the point in Ash's development from the end of the first season and using it in every single series with no change but his surroundings. He's hardly a character now in my opinion, he's a convenient element for plot progression/repetition. No offense to Ash fans, and I still like watching him in action, but as a writer it just feels like lazy writing to keep this formula going. If we have to have the same gym/evil team writing, we can at least focus on someone we haven't already memorized.
    I agree with this despite my earlier statement (well, parts of it. I know nothing about there actually having been closure planned at one point.) but I don't want Ash to leave the show yet because I want closure for him before that happens. If he randomly decided at the end of D/P/PT generation to just go home, or to stay in Sinnoh, or some goofy crap like that, I'd be ticked.

And the Pikachu bugs me too. It's like somebody soft resets Ash's brain and Pikachu's abilities every generation. That really bugs me.

Also Ash needs to pick a woman and stick with her, darnit...
    The Shining Trapezohedron - MAH BLOG!

THERE'S ALWAYS FREE CHEESE INSIDE OF A RAT TRAP.
    "I AM THE MOST AWESOME OF ROMANS. FUCKIUS YESIUS. COMMANDER OF THE LEGIO BADASSIUS!"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Eldritch_One View Post
    I agree with this despite my earlier statement (well, parts of it. I know nothing about there actually having been closure planned at one point.) but I don't want Ash to leave the show yet because I want closure for him before that happens. If he randomly decided at the end of D/P/PT generation to just go home, or to stay in Sinnoh, or some goofy crap like that, I'd be ticked.

And the Pikachu bugs me too. It's like somebody soft resets Ash's brain and Pikachu's abilities every generation. That really bugs me.

Also Ash needs to pick a woman and stick with her, darnit...
    Don't get me wrong, I don't just want him written off. I want a real ending for him, preferably at the end of BW. I agree also on your last bit, too. We really just need one comeback special or movie to finish what Kanto started and answer all the unsolved mysteries, do some peek into the future like the first movie was supposed to have when it was to end the series altogether, and then move on. I really did like Ash, and I still like his old character in the originals when it was developing. But then he just kind of hit a brick wall, and it's no fun watching him stay half developed in my opinion. I'm glad others disagree with me and find it entertaining, because I would love to enjoy watching his antics still, but I just... don't. I'm not being one of those "WHEN MISTY LEFT IT SUCKED" people, and I habitually watched through until Hoenn ended, but I lost my obsession with it after Johto went longer than one season and it was obvious we weren't going to go anywhere. Master Quest kind of sealed the deal when Misty's entire development during the Orange Islands (the one redeeming factor of that pile of filler) went out the window with such a cop out ending. Then Brock came back... it became obvious the show wasn't really going anywhere, just constantly going in one infinite direction. That's alright I guess, but since I was raised believing we were going to see constant progression and some closure of the things foreshadowed since Season One, I feel kind of cheated now, like the writers copped out for conviences' sake. Don't get me wrong, I wasn't one of those "ASH MUST MARRY MISTY AT THE END" people, but if he's going to reject her at least have her mention the fact she likes him like we've been building up for the past four seasons at that point and let him shoot her down so we can have a scene with some drama that isn't "my damn sisters are on vacation, I don't care about you so I'm going to run away crying because I care so much". Brock has been even worse off than Ash was, his backstory and subplot with Ivy having vanished he's just a GPS possessing a human body. To be able to feel the freshness I did when the show first started and follow new characters that really, actually develop and end up somewhere, that's all I really want at this point.

It might be a good idea to take a deep breath...

All I want to know is what sparked such a change in the minds of the producers to go from using a typical character protagonist adapted for the anime into having a completely new character (or characters).

Was this part of some giant push within the company to start thinking new and different? Was there some opposition to the proposed cast of characters, prompting a different style? Is there some hidden agenda going on?
    V Faction: Bulbatized

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3136 - 6603 - 1330

Blog Entries

JeanLuc, I just wanted to say I completely agree with everything you've said about the anime. The terrible handling of Ash's character was one of the primary reasons why I stopped watching the show.

I understand keeping a familiar character throughout the series maintains more viewers, but the fact that Ash's character is "resetted" at the beginning of every series is irritating. Every time it seems like he's starting out as a new trainer, and has lost all of his past character development.

All I want to know is what sparked such a change in the minds of the producers to go from using a typical character protagonist adapted for the anime into having a completely new character (or characters).

Was this part of some giant push within the company to start thinking new and different? Was there some opposition to the proposed cast of characters, prompting a different style? Is there some hidden agenda going on?
    Regardless of what the reason is, it surprises me the writers decided against implementing White's character. Keeping a character based on a game's protagonist results in a character who is relatable to the younger viewers.

Blog Entries

Oh I don't know, I think the viewing of White when I was about 12 or so would've jumpstarted puberty.

"Harumpf! I do say, THIS counterfeit was more impressive than THAT counterfeit!"

Surprise! winstein's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

It seems that Ash was not in the trailer, but I guess Ash will probably get into the cast in a few episodes where the new cast will have time to settle in the show without his presence. However, Brock must be outta there. Oh, and Kibago jumping into Iris' hair.

I wonder, if there are people wishing good riddance to Ash, then do they want Team Rocket (Jessie, James and Meowth the talkative one) to go? The idea that Team Rocket is so that the show doesn't become a primarily kid's show, and one of the former director or writer of the show (forgot his name) wants Team Rocket to remain as main characters.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by winstein View Post
    It seems that Ash was not in the trailer, but I guess Ash will probably get into the cast in a few episodes where the new cast will have time to settle in the show without his presence. However, Brock must be outta there. Oh, and Kibago jumping into Iris' hair.
    There's no doubt Ash will be there from the beginning. He hasn't missed any episode, minus the specials.

I wonder, if there are people wishing good riddance to Ash, then do they want Team Rocket (Jessie, James and Meowth the talkative one) to go?
    As long as Ash remains, Team Rocket will too. If the show ever did adopt a new protagonist, I'd assume Jessie and James would leave the show as well.

The idea that Team Rocket is so that the show doesn't become a primarily kid's show
    No, it's not. Jessie and James are no longer the evil villains they once were. If anything, they're comic relief.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 7th April 2012, 10:56 AM