Battle Subway English names revealed: Subway Bosses Ingo and Emmet revealed by ONM

Thread: Battle Subway English names revealed: Subway Bosses Ingo and Emmet revealed by ONM

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur BulbaBot's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Battle Subway English names revealed: Subway Bosses Ingo and Emmet revealed by ONM

Battle Subway English names revealed: Subway Bosses Ingo and Emmet revealed by ONM

The Official Nintendo Magazine UK has revealed that the English names of several concepts relating to the Battle Subway. Firstly, the Battle Subway keeps its name. Additionally, the Trainer class Subway Master is now Subway Boss, Nobori is now Ingo, and Kudari is now Emmet.Furthermore, the official Pokémon Black and White website has revealed that the PokéShifter is now known as the Poké Transfer, and the Shift Factory is now known as the Poké Transfer Lab.

Read more on Bulbanews

Blog Entries

Default Re: Battle Subway English names revealed: Subway Bosses Ingo and Emmet revealed by ON

Other than the "Subway Bosses" names, I think that everything was fine the way it was...

A real monstrosity SnorlaxMonster's Avatar Bulbanews Board of editorsBulbapedia StaffArchives Advisor
    Blog Entries
    Follow SnorlaxMonster On Twitter
    Visit SnorlaxMonster's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Battle Subway English names revealed: Subway Bosses Ingo and Emmet revealed by ON

I agree on most counts. I like that the Shift Factory changed to incorporate the whole name, but we didn't need PokéShifter to be changed; if it had kept its name, PokéShifter Lab or PokéShifter Factory would have been my preferences. I'm disappointed that Subway Master had to change (much better than Subway Boss), but it was probably too long. As for the names of Subway Masters, they managed to keep the name origins by using some obscure names, which is excellent.

What disappoints me is that ONM let us down. They had the Subway Masters around the wrong way in one image and gave us the wrong name of the PokéShifter/Poké Transfer. Something which I considered an official source made mistakes, so now I will find it a little harder to rely on them in the future.

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

To be fair, ONM use Serebii and PokéBeach as sources quite a lot.

A real monstrosity SnorlaxMonster's Avatar Bulbanews Board of editorsBulbapedia StaffArchives Advisor
    Blog Entries
    Follow SnorlaxMonster On Twitter
    Visit SnorlaxMonster's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Joshawott View Post
    To be fair, ONM use Serebii and PokéBeach as sources quite a lot.
    And Serebii uses ONM as a source quite a lot. There is a problem here...