Battle & Get! Pokémon Typing DS! websites open: Game basics revealed, first footage

Thread: Battle & Get! Pokémon Typing DS! websites open: Game basics revealed, first footage

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur BulbaBot's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Battle & Get! Pokémon Typing DS! websites open: Game basics revealed, first footage

Battle & Get! Pokémon Typing DS! websites open: Game basics revealed, first footage

The official websites for Battle & Get! Pokémon Typing DS have been updated, revealing a number of new details on the game. One major detail revealed is that users can change the romanization system used, instead of the default Nihon-shiki romanizations. A game-exclusive Poké Ball, the Typing Ball, will be used to catch Pokémon after typing their name. Over 400 Pokémon will be catchable in the game. Footage of the game can be seen in the full article.

Read more on Bulbanews

Aur
    Follow Aur On Twitter
    Follow Aur on Tumblr

Default Re: Battle & Get! Pokémon Typing DS! websites open: Game basics revealed, first foota

Doesn't look to bad. I wonder if it will be translated into English, although it doesn't look like a game I would buy.

Something for nothing Cyber Jet's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Battle & Get! Pokémon Typing DS! websites open: Game basics revealed, first foota

Looks pretty cool from what I see.

Hi Rayne's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries

The only reason I'd consider it is for the keyboard since it's bluetooth compatible. It also looks pretty neat.

A real monstrosity SnorlaxMonster's Avatar Bulbanews Board of editorsBulbapedia StaffArchives Advisor
    Blog Entries
    Follow SnorlaxMonster On Twitter
    Visit SnorlaxMonster's Youtube Channel

Looks like a pretty good game for an edutainment game.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Fire View Post
    Doesn't look to bad. I wonder if it will be translated into English, although it doesn't look like a game I would buy.
    Because of the language based gameplay, I doubt it would be. And if it was, it would probably be like the difference between Red and Green (Japanese) and Red and Blue (International).

消え人
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

Interestingly, some of Nintendo's 'learn English' games did get translated and got a European release, with the languages French/German/Italian/Spanish (and I think one more I can't remember) and the same concept. While the games weren't distributed in the UK, the demos were which seemed a bit odd.

And they wouldn't need to make Pokemon Typing that different for an English release, just remove the Japanese and change the concept from 'learn to type the foreign language English' to 'learn to type the native language English', which shouldn't take much.

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

Wow, no matter where Pokemon ventures to, it always has techno music blazing away. If the game isn't as shallow as it would seem, and later levels are faster, the music could make it into some kind of rave-typing Pokemon catchathon.

It seems extremely unlikely, especially since if it was the case they'd say it by now, but I hope that maybe you can transfer the Pokémon you catch in this game to your BW game... that would be awesome and give more reasons to buy this game, but sadly that seems unlikely

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SnorlaxMonster View Post
    Looks like a pretty good game for an edutainment game.

Because of the language based gameplay, I doubt it would be. And if it was, it would probably be like the difference between Red and Green (Japanese) and Red and Blue (International).
    They Could Use The Non Japanese Names
    O_sha_oot T_p_g S_i_n_v_

Yes, I am THAT gli. :P Gligar13's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Is it just me, or does Typing DS remind me of this somewhat?
    dA::YT::furaffinity::Yes, I DID claim Gligar.

Blog Entries
    Add Kutomba on Facebook
    Follow Kutomba on Tumblr

This looks like a lame thing to make parents think Pokemon is educational.
    I kissed you in the water and made your dry lips sing
    I saw you look like a Japanese baby
    In an instant I remembered everything...

is obsessed with Noivern! Zekurom's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TylerS View Post
    They Could Use The Non Japanese Names
    O_sha_oot T_p_g S_i_n_v_
    Wait a minute, what does O_sha_oot translate to? Or S_i_n_v_? I'm having a hard time trying to get the second one (Servine?)

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchman View Post
    Wow, no matter where Pokemon ventures to, it always has techno music blazing away. If the game isn't as shallow as it would seem, and later levels are faster, the music could make it into some kind of rave-typing Pokemon catchathon.
    Oh man, now I want this so badly ._.'

But they should really have a non-Pokémon mode as well. Typing out the same 649 words gets tiring.
    Last edited by Zekurom; 2nd April 2011 at 04:58 PM.
    The word "quadragonal" is the only word with "dragon" in it where "dragon" is not a root word. That makes it awesome.

Bulbapædist Quagbert's Avatar Bulbapedia Staff

After looking at the (human) character page on the game's minisite, it appears that it has the same character designer/artist as the latest Ranger game.

As for this game's chances of coming stateside, I'm not quite sure. It seems that any game with "Pokémon" written on it would be guaranteed a worldwide release, but then again we never got the WiiWare Mystery Dungeon game or the Platinum update for My Pokémon Ranch...

remember me jda95's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow jda95 on Tumblr

The non-Hepburn romanizations hurt my eyes and brain.

Bikuthini... o.o