August CoroCoro scans leaked: Wealth of information includes new Pokémon, characters - Page 2

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: August CoroCoro scans leaked: Wealth of information includes new Pokémon, characters

Blog Entries

Default Re: July CoroCoro scans leaked: Wealth of information includes new Pokémon, character

Quote Originally Posted by Somari View Post
    Isn't it "Bella"? Even if it wasn't wouldn't it be spelled "Bell"?
    It's basically a phonetic script, we don't know how they would spell it using the Roman Alphabet until the official romanizations, but unless you pronounce Belle and Bell differently, it should be spelled the same using Katakana.

Also, considering they have a symbol for "ra" (at least according to this chart), they would have used it for Bella, so its Belle/Bell.

EDIT: I see the article uses Bel, which according to Shiny Noctowl in the New Character's thread means White in Russian (while Cheren means Black in Bulgarian), so the article is probably using the spelling most consistent with the meaning Game Freak was going for, not how the name is spelled.
    Last edited by The Outrage; 13th July 2010 at 10:22 PM.

Default Re: July CoroCoro scans leaked: Wealth of information includes new Pokémon, character

they werent joking when they said this generation wasnt gonna be like any other all this stuff seems amazing i hope its 1 way trading to gen V i hated the time capsule system of gen I and II

also are we gonna get that dream world feature outside of japan?
    or is it just the one event that is japanese only

also the event's date isnt that b4 the game actually gets released?
    PT: 3094-9271-2948
    HG: 3953-9926-0214

I shot a god Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

yeah, we also get the dream feature.

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by -Ryuutakeshi- View Post
    yeah, we also get the dream feature.
    Neat... God I can't wait for B/W this will be the best one yet!!!

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zekurom View Post
    First time I've seen that misspelling of Tsutarja.

When did the "R" in "Tsutarja" get inserted anyway? Here I've been calling it "Tsutaaja" ever since it came out, and never changed it since.

I think we've already confirmed that the pissed chipmunk is the new Rattata.
    Official romanization. It's why on Bulbapedia クラブ is Crab, not Kurabu, and エテボース is Eteboth, not Etebōsu. Tsutarja is the official romanization of ツタージャ, which has a normal Hepburn romanization of Tsutāja. Bulbawiki rules on romanization follow with preference-official-Hepburn. Preference refers to the preference of the person being spoken about. For example, we don't call Joe Celebi, we call him Serebii. We also have the article on Pikachu's VA at Ikue Ohtani, not Ikue Ōtani, because that's how she prefers to romanize her name. Official refers to official trademark. For example, Crab for Krabby, Eteboth for Ambipom, and Tsutarja until we get the English name. We extensively search the Japanese trademark database for the Pokémon names, and while some make little sense in relation to things (Prasle for プラスル [Purasuru], instead of Plusle, while マイナン [Mainan] is Minun when trademarked).

AND NO. I DON'T CARE THAT OTHER SITES USE THE "ACTUAL" ROMANIZATION OF THE KANA. Game Freak doesn't, so we don't.

Trophies
    Blog Entries
    Follow Derier44 On Twitter
    Visit Derier44's Youtube Channel

Well, I just want the English names for all of these new pokemon to be released already.

Winner of: Inazuma Eleven Mafia, FALCONWING 3 MAFIA, War Room Mafia 2,
    The Simpsons Mafia, Bloodshed in Blackthorn, Insane Mafia

Black FC: 4427-8152-0447

The Egg Mouse Pokemon. :P Togechu's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Articwolf10 View Post
    Neat... God I can't wait for B/W this will be the best one yet!!!
    This.

B/W and GSC are now tied for best in the series for me. So as soon as I get Black, I'm gettin' Pokabu and Musharna.

NEED. GAME. NOW.*froths at the mouth*

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Eh...the new triple-battle mechanics are okay for me. I don't like it that the side Pokemon can target Pokemon opposite to them while the middle Pokemon gets all the freedom. The fact that you can make them switch positions is enough to compensate.

Eh...the new triple-battle mechanics are okay for me. I don't like it that the side Pokemon can target Pokemon opposite to them while the middle Pokemon gets all the freedom. The fact that you can make them switch positions is enough to compensate.
    The middle Pokemon also takes all the damage.
    Up the airy mountains / Down the rushy Glen /
    We dare not go a-hunting / For fear of Fairy-type Pokémon

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta View Post
    The middle Pokemon also takes all the damage.
    Really? I read the article (or probably misread it). If I remember right, the middle Pokemon can attack all 3 of its opponents, but the side Pokemon can only attack the Pokemon opposite to them (and not the middle opponent).

I shot a god Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

no, the sides take their opposites and the middle.

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

I'm more curious about the game specific pokemon. Gochiruzeru and Rankurusu are both adorable, and I wanna know which one is in which game. Gochiruzeru is so f-ing cute, and I definitely want one in my team, especially since she's based on a little goth girl (hence the "gochi" part of her name, derived from the Japanese "gochiku," their phonetic spelling of "gothic"). What baffles me, however, is why she's the Celestial Body (Heavenly body, astronomical body, etc) pokemon, it seems strange for a pokemon looking as she does. Rankurusu is adorable as well, being a little jelly looking thing that resembles Slimer from the Ghostbusters. I was slightly bummed that both are Psychic though, they look like they should be Dark and Ghost repsectively.
    Kibago is interesting as well, since he's been revealed to be a pure dragon type. I wonder if he's the beginning of psuedo-legendary chain like Dratini-Larvitar-Salamence-Gible before him. I'm also wondering that if he's not part the psuedo-legendary chain, if he'll be an early introduced Dragon type, which would be super interesting, as they've never allowed for Dragons to be captured early game.

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur BulbaBot's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default August CoroCoro scans leaked: Wealth of information includes new Pokémon, characters

August CoroCoro scans leaked: Wealth of information includes new Pokémon, characters and features

Clear scans from the recently leaked CoroCoro have been found on 2ch boards.They have made available a wealth of information on the upcoming Pokémon Black and White Versions including new characters, Pokémon, evolutions and features.

Read more on Bulbanews

is obsessed with Noivern! Zekurom's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: August CoroCoro scans leaked: Wealth of information includes new Pokémon, charact

Didn't we already have a news post on this...?

...you just changed the month, is all.
    The word "quadragonal" is the only word with "dragon" in it where "dragon" is not a root word. That makes it awesome.

Cheers to the Freeze Luna Tiger's Avatar Bulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries

Follow Luna Tiger on Tumblr

Default Re: August CoroCoro scans leaked: Wealth of information includes new Pokémon, charact

When an article is updated, it releases a new notice as if it were hot off the draft table.
    PRIA is my haunt, 45500 is my identity,
    the black stronghold is my fortress.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast