Anime season title revealed: Next season to be "Pocket Monsters: Best Wishes"

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anime season title revealed: Next season to be "Pocket Monsters: Best Wishes"

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur BulbaBot's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Anime season title revealed: Next season to be "Pocket Monsters: Best Wishes"

Anime season title revealed: Next season to be "Pocket Monsters: Best Wishes"

The latest episode of the Diamond & Pearl anime has revealed the title for the next season. Pocket Monsters: Best Wishes is the confirmed title for the next generation of Pokémon anime.

Read more on Bulbanews
    Last edited by Kogoro; 2nd July 2010 at 12:59 PM.

Blog Entries

Follow gallowsCalibrator on Tumblr

Default Re: Anime season title revealed: Next season to be "Pocket Monsters: Best Wish"

Best Wish? Are u serious? Though I understand the affinity between Best Wish and Black and White, that name makes no sense when applied to Pokemon. Unless Jirachi features heavily in Isshu.

Think of a place.............Keep thinking..........Have you thought of it? That's where I am.
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Anime season title revealed: Next season to be "Pocket Monsters: Best Wish"

There is something SERIOUSLY wrong with that girl's hair.
    Wait, do I see Tsutaaja's and Mijumaru's 2nd evos???

I love JERVIS!!!

Surrender now or carry on Bikini Miltank's Avatar Bulbanews Editor-in-Chief
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenMuk View Post
    Best Wish? Are u serious? Though I understand the affinity between Best Wish and Black and White, that name makes no sense when applied to Pokemon. Unless Jirachi features heavily in Isshu.
    You may be reading too much into it. This is probably just a case of a Japanese show using English words because, to their ears, they sound cool.

Protecting Gotham City Geodude's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Geodude On Twitter
    Follow Geodude on Tumblr

Default Re: Anime season title revealed: Next season to be "Pocket Monsters: Best Wishes"

Quote Originally Posted by 400BadRequestPr View Post
    There is something SERIOUSLY wrong with that girl's hair.
    We've been spoiled with Dawn's normal (except its color) hair for too long, I guess.

XBL: Shiny Geodude -- PSN: ShinyGeodude

May the Aura be with you. FabuVinny's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Anime season title revealed: Next season to be "Pocket Monsters: Best Wishes"

OMG Jirachi means Max returns I have to agree with Bikini Miltank. Best Wishes just sounds like happy-go-lucky gratuitous English that happens to use the letters B and W.

And I still say don't write out Brock just yet. Remember, Paul showed up with Ash and Dawn in the first DP picture we got.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude View Post
    We've been spoiled with Dawn's normal (except its color) hair for too long, I guess.
    And White's hair wasn't strange enough...

Surrender now or carry on Bikini Miltank's Avatar Bulbanews Editor-in-Chief
    Blog Entries

Oh! Oh! I just realised something!

The subtitle "Best Wish(es)" is spelled in katakana as "Besutouisshu".

Besutouisshu, hmm?

黒い王様 Archaic's Avatar Webmaster
    Blog Entries
    Follow Archaic On Twitter

That's a very interesting observation you've got there George. I wonder if that was intentional.
    神出鬼没 - shin shutsu ki botsu

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Archaic View Post
    That's a very interesting observation you've got there George. I wonder if that was intentional.
    Hopefully not, or Isshu will most likely be the setting of the series for its entire duration. I think that most people would prefer to see a shorter span for an individual region as was the case for Kanto and Hoenn.

Bulbapædist Quagbert's Avatar Bulbapedia Staff

So, the girl's silhouette confirms that the leaked model sheet was real (as much as I was hoping it wasn't), as are the four new Pokémon on it.

*goes into whine mode*

This means that the Grass-type middle starter is just a taller Tsutarja with a few more leaves, the Water-type middle starter is the result of throwing Mujumaru, Buizel, and a few whiskers into a blender, and if that bat creature above Musashi's head is any indication, Akira Toriyama is one of the new Pokémon designers for Generation V. I guess maybe it's just that we haven't gotten accustomed to them yet, and I still have a small bit of hope for Pokabu's middle form, but I liked the Gen IV middle starter designs much better.

Also, the boy silhouette (who I presume to be the Shinji 2.0 mentioned on that ill-fated blog) looks horribly generic. Hopefully his full reveal will change that. Hopefully.

In hopes of not sounding too much like that maniac Maxim, I guess it's just as well they didn't just call this new series Black and White, since aside from featuring the Generation V Pokémon and (presumably) taking place in the Isshu region, it doesn't seem to resemble its source material much at all. The game purist in me isn't too happy.

*end whine mode*

黒い王様 Archaic's Avatar Webmaster
    Blog Entries
    Follow Archaic On Twitter

Going back to that observation just quickly...

Besutouisshu

Rather than just emphasising the Isshu portion here, let's split it into two words...

Besutou isshu
    Best Isshu

Yeah, they're punning alright.
    神出鬼没 - shin shutsu ki botsu

Blog Entries

The game purist in me isn't too happy.
    Personally, I prefer that the games and anime, being different canon went with their own characters.

Blog Entries

Best Wishes? Seriously, that's kind of weird to me, but I'll get used.... eventually.

That girl's hair style is crazy XD I doubt she could use a blow dryer on that due hahahahhaha I wonder if her hair is a Pokemon in disguise lol Alright, done crackin' jokes on her.

I'm lookin' forward to seeing the new dude, hopefully he isn't like Brock when it comes to girls <.<

Tsutaja's evolution looks cool, Mijumaru's evo looks interesting.

I'm lookin' forward to this Generation and the new series.

Can't wait for the new info :D

You can always find me within the depths of IRC....
    All gifs made by me.

Hyper Satellite Cannon! Bishie Karis-chan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Bishie Karis-chan's Youtube Channel

That girl isn't White! And that boy is...Ash!? NOOOOO!!!!!

...I'm going to go cry now.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast