Amazon announces three manga release dates: Release dates set for summer 2010

Thread: Amazon announces three manga release dates: Release dates set for summer 2010

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur BulbaBot's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Amazon announces three manga release dates: Release dates set for summer 2010

Amazon announces three manga release dates: Release dates set for summer 2010

Online retailer Amazon.com announces three release dates for two manga series.

Read more on Bulbanews

Blog Entries

Follow Metabee on Tumblr

Default Re: Amazon announces three manga release dates: Release dates set for summer 2010

They remake the manga as well?
    I never owned a Special from the GSC era, but from what I've heard the general plot sounds pretty good. I'm glad they're doing reprints since I missed it the first time round.

A black and white world Blackjack Gabbiani's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Amazon announces three manga release dates: Release dates set for summer 2010

I have to admit, the DPA release dates have me worried. June (volume 4) to October (5) to March (6) to July (7) seems like it'll make it nearly a year until we get 8, the last volume, and by that point only Galactic fans will care about the Sinnoh plot any more (granted, Galactic fans seem to make up the biggest section of the DPA fanbase, but still). I thought the gap between 5 and 6 might have been due to some of the thematic elements of 6, but 7 and 8 don't have that aspect.

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

Wholy Shit this is the first time they are digging into the GSC era. Lets hope they go all the way to Sinnoh and STAY that way.
    "Funneh bunneh and the dammut Bahamut go on an adventure!"-Chespin Circa 2009

I sure was funner back then, possibly even stupider....

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Blackjack Palazzo
    I have to admit, the DPA release dates have me worried. June (volume 4) to October (5) to March (6) to July (7) seems like it'll make it nearly a year until we get 8, the last volume, and by that point only Galactic fans will care about the Sinnoh plot any more (granted, Galactic fans seem to make up the biggest section of the DPA fanbase, but still). I thought the gap between 5 and 6 might have been due to some of the thematic elements of 6, but 7 and 8 don't have that aspect.
    Well, like someone in that other thread mentioned, this isn't the only series Viz is doing this with. Just about all of their series that aren't Naruto, One Piece, or Bleach have these huge gaps between releases.

So it's not so much a "Viz hates Pokemon" thing as it is a "Viz hates everything that's not part of that Shonen Jump trio" thing.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 22nd, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

Vintage Sketch's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries

Well, One Piece is having that speed up release to get it caught up with the Japanese version.

GSC Adventures?
    So much win.

Viz made me happy for once.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    Well, like someone in that other thread mentioned, this isn't the only series Viz is doing this with. Just about all of their series that aren't Naruto, One Piece, or Bleach have these huge gaps between releases.

So it's not so much a "Viz hates Pokemon" thing as it is a "Viz hates everything that's not part of that Shonen Jump trio" thing.
    Oh, I didn't claim that it was hatred or anything. I mentioned volume 6 specifically because it has what's tatamount to an
    and I was concerned that the delay would be due to their trying to figure out how to work that in an A-rated comic (although they didn't take any issue with Mitsumi trying to off herself in volume 5, so...).

Although they should stop with the basic mistakes (ie, identifying K-2 as being in Team Rocket when the Rockets aren't in DPA at ALL, giving the wrong names on the GLs in Special 4, etc).

Blog Entries

Follow Hitomi on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Blackjack Palazzo View Post
    I have to admit, the DPA release dates have me worried. June (volume 4) to October (5) to March (6) to July (7) seems like it'll make it nearly a year until we get 8, the last volume, and by that point only Galactic fans will care about the Sinnoh plot any more
    I understand that this is typical of Viz, but really it takes like four volumes for the Naruto plot to get anywhere it makes me sad.

It doesn't help that DPA is better than the Pokesupe Sinnoh arc and that therefore when I think of Pokemon, manga, and Sinnoh, I think of DPA, and am therefore more excited about DPA releases. (I'm not like an uber Galactic fangirl or anything but I just think DPA is way better than the Sinnoh arc of Pokesupe's slapstick comedy.)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post

No.

The only series that get any love are what's currently super popular and selling the most. For the first 3 or 4 years of American Shonen Jump, DBZ and YU-Gi-Oh! would have at least 4 -6 chapters and issue, while everything else had 2-4.

Once Yu-Gi-Oh! and DBZ started to fade Naruto took over, and then they added Bleach to the magazine, and that's 4-6 chapters an issue ( alot, but not as fast as it was when it wasn't in the magazine.

This One Piece catch-up is the first time One Piece is getting any love.
    And it's probably because of the anime which is gaining popularity.

Having an Anime= more popular.

The Pokemon Anime isn't based on a manga, so don't expect any pokemon manga to have priority releases.
    It's better to just learn Japanese.

Pokemon manga just aren't as important as Shonen Manga with an anime.
    And the end of DPA was cool, it wasn't as great as the rest of the series imo.

Blog Entries

Well, there was Ono's comic, which was more or less based off the anime. It's also the only Pokemon comic as of this point to have a complete North American print.

Yeah, it seems like DPA could have used just ooooooone more chapter. I waited ever since volume two for
    but it never happened and that's sad. What happened in volume 5 doesn't count because it was out of necessity.