Alternate Victini movie confirmed: Reshiram and Zekrom to be featured in separate

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Alternate Victini movie confirmed: Reshiram and Zekrom to be featured in separate

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur BulbaBot's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Alternate Victini movie confirmed: Reshiram and Zekrom to be featured in separate

Alternate Victini movie confirmed: Reshiram and Zekrom to be featured in separate variations

It is now confirmed that the upcoming Pokémon movie will be presented in two variations. One variation, as has been known for a while, will feature Zekrom. The other will feature Reshiram.

Read more on Bulbanews
    Last edited by The dark lord trombonator; 15th February 2011 at 06:25 AM.

BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries

Default Alternate Victini movie confirmed: Reshiram and Zekrom to be featured in separate var

How pointless...

Wonder how TCPi is going to handle this....

Default Re: Second Victini movie confirmed: Reshiram and Zekrom to be featured in separate va

Its like they made a Black version and a White version of the movies. Lol. You only get half the plot from one movie and your friend has to tell you what happened in the other movie in order to understand the whole thing.
    Pokemon Black FC: 1377 7082 2212

Blog Entries

Default Re: Second Victini movie confirmed: Reshiram and Zekrom to be featured in separate va

Quote Originally Posted by Eitaro View Post
    Wonder how TCPi is going to handle this....
    This is probably just wishful thinking on my part. But I hope TPCi dubs one version of the movie the normal way. And then, they can give us an awesome surprise with the other version of the movie. Cause that would be epic!! =D
    Last edited by Trainer Lisa; 15th February 2011 at 06:52 AM.

Sheesh can't really say I was expecting this one. I am very curious as to how they are going to do this, the plot, the characters etc. Its one thing to split games but how is this going to affect the canon of the anime if they bring it into the anime storyline. This is all too wierd.

Well if it works for games then no reason to try it with movies lol.

◓Gypsy Vanner Horse Kyuuketsuki's Avatar
    Blog Entries

They stopped milking the cash cow and just CUT it open. I certainly hope Pokémon doesn't end up becoming another overused dead franchise...

Blog Entries

Follow Tsutarja on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Kyuuketsuki View Post
    They stopped milking the cash cow and just CUT it open. I certainly hope Pokémon doesn't end up becoming another overused dead franchise...
    I cannot believe you used the word dead and Pokémon in the same sentence. If these 15 years proved proved anything it's that Pokémon will never die.

On the news, I'm sure these will be two separate movies but with significant plot differences once the movie plot progress. I like that the writers are being creative and doing something unique for a change. :D

Blog Entries
    Follow Noivern On Twitter

Uh... erm... I think I'll wait and see how this pans out. I'm intrigued by the movies and its strange splitting into two versions. I wonder what it bodes?
    Hey, it's Noivern here. I like Noivern a lot. I like Katy Perry. I want a Hydreigon plushie. Also, I'm a total PC geek.
    Links

Devil Lobster Man Ranger Jack Walker's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Ranger Jack Walker's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Alternate Victini movie confirmed: Reshiram and Zekrom to be featured in separate

2 games for the price of 1 has even reached the Pokemon movies. Its was only a matter of time that the anime started doing that nonesense too. The movie will probably be almost identical except a slight change in plot.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Alternate Victini movie confirmed: Reshiram and Zekrom to be featured in separate

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Jack Walker View Post
    2 games for the price of 1 has even reached the Pokemon movies. Its was only a matter of time that the anime started doing that nonesense too. The movie will probably be almost identical except a slight change in plot.
    I wouldn't be too sure about that. The games can get away with recycling because the player has the ability to completely customize the experience, but as far as the anime and movies are concerned, viewers are stuck with what they get. If the Pokémon Company want people to watch both movies, they need it make it worthwhile.

Blog Entries
    Follow Soulweaver On Twitter Add Soulweaver on Facebook Add Soulweaver on Google+
    Follow Soulweaver on Tumblr Visit Soulweaver's Youtube Channel

This is just another way to get some extra cash off clueless children. Make two movies sharing 70% or so of the footage → kids want to see both movies → essentially they pay 200% the price for 130% of the movie.

Games are different, since they never proactively meant you should get both - trading with friends was the whole point right from the beginning. But you can't trade the movie experience.

Former staff member · X Pokédex status (incl. foreign dexes) · Bank Living Dex status · 3DS FC: 4699 6589 8963

Ultimate Trainer (I wish) monkeyjb1988's Avatar

This is interesting. It sounds interesting, although if the only difference is the starring Pokemon, then it feels like a cop out. I hope there are a few changes other than the starring Pokemon to justify both Pokemon. I'm also wondering what two movies will do to the canon: Which one is the official version? (That question was directed to those who consider the movie canon. Those who don't are free to say "The movies are not canon, so it doesn't matter".)

Quote Originally Posted by Tsutarja View Post
    I cannot believe you used the word dead and Pokémon in the same sentence. If these 15 years proved proved anything it's that Pokémon will never die.

On the news, I'm sure these will be two separate movies but with significant plot differences once the movie plot progress. I like that the writers are being creative and doing something unique for a change. :D
    So true that Pokemon will never die. Your second part, I'm hoping too.
    The only good human is a dead human!

Oops! Wrong franchise.

(Pikachu gives Monkeyjb1988 a Thunderbolt for being an idiot)

A thousand Meowth are looking up at the night sky with tears in their eyes. None of them will be looking for loose change tonight.

A thousand condolences to all Maddie Blaustein fans. She will be missed forever more. Maddie Blaustein 1960-2008

Sounds like a good idea, but only as a one off, it would be silly if they started doing this every year. I hope there is at least some different in the storylines though, and that they have different endings or something. Funnily enough, I had a dream a few nights ago about the novelisation of these movies; on each double page, White Hero was on the left page and Black Hero on the right. So if you're reading White Hero you just read the left pages and vice versa. Yeah I know, weird... ^^

A few questions though... if the storylines are going to be that similar, will some of the footage be used in both movies? And will they have separate DVD releases?
    White Team

Blog Entries

Counting the games, anime, and now these movies, it looks like Gen V is turning out to be very interesting...
    "He just put on 300,000 pounds....I'm SO jealous." Raven, Teen Titans

Have you heard of the saying "opening a can of whoop-ass"? I did that once in a dream.... I opened an aluminum can labled "whoop-ass" on somebody, and they disintegrated.

My favorite Bulbagarden smiley:

Devil Lobster Man Ranger Jack Walker's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Ranger Jack Walker's Youtube Channel

If I'm correct, most people won't be affected at all because the movies are no longer released in theaters outside Japan are they? Atleast I know thats the case in USA and here. They will be shown on whichever channel airs Pokemon normally right? So technically, its 2 movies for the price of none.

Althought they do cut out a lot which is then restored in the DVD release...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast