[Bulbanews] PUSA provides VA update at comic-con: "Mastermind of Mirage Pokémon" redubbed

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Bulbanews] PUSA provides VA update at comic-con: "Mastermind of Mirage Pokémon" redubbed

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur BulbaBot's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Post [Bulbanews] PUSA provides VA update at comic-con: "Mastermind of Mirage Pokémon" redubbed

May the Aura be with you. FabuVinny's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I hope the voice acting is good this time as it was the only negative point of Mastermind the first time around. This all sounds promising, anyway.

Brock's Pikachu LightningTopaz's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

I really hope the voices sound better this time.
    My URPG stats: Maya's status

SuBuWriMo status: 28,103 words in all!

Oh, goodie. Glad they're trying to keep the Japanese music. I only hope they kept Misty's Mastermind VA, she was spot-on.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jo-Jo
    Oh, goodie. Glad they're trying to keep the Japanese music. I only hope they kept Misty's Mastermind VA, she was spot-on.
    Does it even matter? Misty hasn't even shown up in another episode yet for that VA to reprise her role in. She might only get one episode right as AG is about to end.

PURPLE HERMIT! Chosen of Mana's Avatar Archives Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Chosen of Mana On Twitter

Hmm. Let's hope they've grown into their roles.

Big claimin'
    Cresselia (Pokémon)
    Colette Brunel [Tales of Symphonia] and Yuri Lowell [Tales of Vesperia] (Video game characters)

Blog Entries

Wow.

I'm surprised they decided to redub Mastermind, considering how much Lawrence Neves praised it in his pokemon.com article thing.......

Anyway though, I guess I'll give Mastermind another shot, since they're putting it on the 8th movie DVD. And I'm definitely gonna buy that. ^^

Although, I still think no one could do a better Ash than Veronica. But, if they say the VAs have improved, then this redub of Mastermind should definitely be better than the original airing of it.

Of course, I'll have to wait till the DVD comes out to see just how close the VAs are to the original VAs.

I am hoping they've improved greatly, but if they're still 'imitating' the original VAs, they can only do so much.

I have to say, i'm thoroughly surprised that PUSA redubbed the special. Though considering we knew they were rushing it the first time, I guess it should have been expected even without the fan wailing over it.

Loving the confirmation of the music staying. :D The music is one of the reasons I watch the raws in the first place and i'm damn glad to see it finally being kept in the dub.

I'd have liked confirmation over edits etc but I guess that's just something that we'll have to wait for till the series begins.

Blog Entries

Oh yeah, I forgot about that, Doctor Oak...... ^^o

The confirmation that they will be keeping the original music is awesome!!

I love the original music!!!!

And I know that 4Kids had kept some music in the dub, but they never did keep all of it for some reason.

Anyway, that is great news. And I'm sure Dogasu will be very happy to hear it. XD

Blog Entries

I too am really happy to hear that they'll be trying their best to keep as much of the original music as possible :D I'm also actually somewhat excited about hearing the new VAs in the redubbed Mastermind special and season 9, I'm interested to see how much they've improved and how well the new Ash VA can do that role :3

Wow, so many changes and new things coming out this year :o

Route 1 - Pokémon Screenshot Project!
    Episode screenshots for all to enjoy~

Wow. Just wow. PUSA is looking VERY promising...

...BUT, they didn't say anything about the video format of the movie! PUSA, if you're reading this, keep the original video format of the movie too!... please?

<_<
    >_>

Protecting Gotham City Geodude's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Geodude On Twitter
    Follow Geodude on Tumblr

An option to watch the movies in Japanese with English subtitles would be beyond awesome too, that's something we should have had all along with all the movies.

PUSA is looking extremely promising, I'm intrigued to see how this all plays out.
    Last edited by Geodude; 21st July 2006 at 01:07 AM.

XBL: Shiny Geodude -- PSN: ShinyGeodude

May the Aura be with you. FabuVinny's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BigCN401
    ...BUT, they didn't say anything about the video format of the movie! PUSA, if you're reading this, keep the original video format of the movie too!... please?
    The movie - which was done by 4Kids - was shown later in the day and it was in full screen with a panning effect.

Ultimate Pokemon Fan! Water Pokémon Master's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FabuVinny
    The movie - which was done by 4Kids - was shown later in the day and it was in full screen with a panning effect.
    If people would just go read you-know-where if people told them to, they could see that kind of info plus more. :p

*shamlessselfplug*

Water Pokémon Master

Webmaster of
    [PokéBeach]

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

...and I never knew about your site. XD;;
    ... It was in full-screen, with panning. WPM says this helped to reduce important things cut out much better than previous Pokemon movies. ...
    - I don't get that part. All of the dubs was done in full screen with panning anyway.

Oh well. If the dub movie is the exact length of the original, then I just have to create a custom DVD for myself. XD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast