[Bulbanews] Ninth Pokémon movie ranks second in box office in first three days: Grossed ¥660 million ...

Thread: [Bulbanews] Ninth Pokémon movie ranks second in box office in first three days: Grossed ¥660 million ...

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur BulbaBot's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Post [Bulbanews] Ninth Pokémon movie ranks second in box office in first three days: Grossed ¥660 million ...

[…] however, this year, the coupon was for a peripheral Nintendo DS game, Pokémon Ranger.
    Well, it is at first, but it also allows to get Manaphy on D/P.
    The statement isn't completely untrue, but I'm not sure if that should be added.

Ultimate Pokemon Fan! Water Pokémon Master's Avatar

Maybe if they would make better movies and kill the current director, things would get better. :)

Although Mew was pretty good, except the whole first half of the movie was pretty boring (not all, but most).

Water Pokémon Master

Webmaster of
    [PokéBeach]

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Movie 8 and 9 have received nothing but great reviews from most Pokemon fans, so it isn't the writing. Everytime I go on Japanese fansites, I see people praising the 9th movie and saying they went to see it at least twice.

Merciless Goddess Misty's Avatar Retired Staff
    Trophies

Maybe it's just a sign that Pokemon's time has come...

φιλομαθής Zhen Lin's Avatar Vice-Webmaster

Or at least, Advanced Generation. Next year is Diamond & Pearl. I guess the studio execs know better than drag it out like with the original series.

The 9th movie made a third of what Superman Returns made in it's opening weekend with a smaller audience of just Japan (Who has less than half the population of the USA let alone active movie goers) and is STILL second in the box office, which is hardly a failure figure.

Obviously Pokemon MUST be falling on hard times... >_>...

Besides, the fact that the Lucario movie would beat it should hardly be any surprise. The 8th movie is the best movie they've made in YEARS while the 9th is a clone of the 6th. Why wouldn't it have a better audience?