[Bulbanews] New voice actors to meet fans at Comic-Con: Reps to be on hand for season nine questions

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Bulbanews] New voice actors to meet fans at Comic-Con: Reps to be on hand for season nine questions

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur BulbaBot's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Post [Bulbanews] New voice actors to meet fans at Comic-Con: Reps to be on hand for season nine questions

Hm, anyone going to be nearby? I'll be, but unfortunately I can't go. :(
    "It's...it's like winning the lottery, without the taxes!"
    "Remember, the enemy's gate is down."
    "And like that...POW! I'm gone!"
    "Buh! Buh! Buh huh huh!"
    "You're doomed, you junior-varsity losers!"

Blog Entries

Security is going to be very busy...
    Step into the Fairy circle

I heard WPM is going, and he is gonna try to tape it

Also, I heard they're debuting Movie 8 dub their as well.

Ultimate Pokemon Fan! Water Pokémon Master's Avatar

Yep, they are debuting Lucario (I'm going to try to accidently leave my microphone on) and there is going to be an entire discussion with the new VAs. I'll have my camera and a microphone to record everything, and when I get home, I'll post all the info on my site.

Water Pokémon Master

Webmaster of
    [PokéBeach]

Pokémon Capture Expert paperfairy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sceptile726
    Security is going to be very busy...
    I was just thinking the same thing.

don't like something? fix it. stop complaining about it.

Blog Entries

This worries me......

I mean, the fact that two season 9 VAs are going to be at Comic-Con is kind of a good thing and a bad thing.

It's good for the people who like the new VAs and think that they will improve, because then they can get some of their questions answered and stuff.

But, it's bad, because a lot of people such as myself, do not think they'll improve and just want the original VAs back. So there might be a lot of hatred for them at Comic-con. I have a feeling they may not be very well accepted by the attendees there either, so that can't be good.

*imagines someone going up to the Pokemon booth*

New VA: "Hi I'm the new VA for Ash!
    New Brock VA: "And I'm Brock's new VA!"

Random attendee who doesn't know anything about the VA situation: "What!? What do you mean by new VA? Did they replace the original VAs for some reason? OMG! What happened! O_O"

*imagines another scenario*

New Ash VA: "Hi I'm the new VA for Ash!"
    New Brock VA: "And I'm Brock's new VA!"

Random attendee who wants the original VAs back: "I can only say one thing to both of you. Why? Why did you accept that job offer to replace the original VAs? No offense, but it's just a sad and terrible thing to see the VAs we've known for 8 whole seasons suddenly get replaced and for no apparent reason."
    Last edited by Trainer Lisa; 10th July 2006 at 08:43 AM.

PokemonTrainerLisa, those two situations are good. It's good to talk about things and it seems better that someone finds out at the con rather than when he/she starts watching the 9th season.

Also, I don't think it's right to blame those people. It wasn't their decision and it's not fair to hate them because they accepted a job or to hate them because they wrote an application after they saw that Pokémon USA was looking for new voice actors. That's just not fair. And even if they hadn't done that, someone else might have gotten the job. If you think, Pokémon USA would have kept the old voice actors if the new ones wouldn't have accepted the job, you're pretty stupid imo. And even if you would be right with that, you would still be not fair to those new voice actors.
    Beat the Pokémon USA representative if you have to but not those voice actors.
    Last edited by nYoo; 10th July 2006 at 09:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nYoo
    Yep, randomly beat the PUSA representatives when it's not their fault either for what happened. Just leave 4Kids unscratched.

Water Pokémon Master

Webmaster of
    [PokéBeach]

Quote Originally Posted by Water Pokémon Master
    Yep, randomly beat the PUSA representatives when it's not their fault either for what happened. Just leave 4Kids unscratched.
    I guess you're right that it's not the representative's fault either. But what does this have to do with 4Kids? I thought they no longer dub the Pokémon anime. o.o

It's not PUSA's or the VA's faults for the switch. It's 4Kids. They were asking for too much money from PUSA, and they knew they were, and since PUSA couldn't pay them, they had to do it themselves.

Water Pokémon Master

Webmaster of
    [PokéBeach]

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nYoo
    Also, I don't think it's right to blame those people. It wasn't their decision and it's not fair to hate them because they accepted a job or to hate them because they wrote an application after they saw that Pokémon USA was looking for new voice actors. That's just not fair. And even if they hadn't done that, someone else might have gotten the job. If you think, Pokémon USA would have kept the old voice actors if the new ones wouldn't have accepted the job, you're pretty stupid imo. And even if you would be right with that, you would still be not fair to those new voice actors.
    Um, in the second situation I posted, I wasn't using my opinion. I was just using that as an example, because I think someone might say something like that at the con. It's highly likely to happen.

Oh, and I wasn't trying to bash the new VAs or anything, nYoo.

Even though I'm a member of SOVA, I still have respect for the new VAs. I know that they are only trying to do their jobs. So there's nothing wrong with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Water Pokémon Master
    It's not PUSA's or the VA's faults for the switch. It's 4Kids. They were asking for too much money from PUSA, and they knew they were, and since PUSA couldn't pay them, they had to do it themselves.
    Oh, I see. I didn't know that part of the story. o.o"

Quote Originally Posted by PokemonTrainerLisa
    Um, in the second situation I posted, I wasn't using my opinion. I was just using that as an example, because I think someone might say something like that at the con. It's highly likely to happen.

Oh, and I wasn't trying to bash the new VAs or anything, nYoo.

Even though I'm a member of SOVA, I still have respect for the new VAs. I know that they are only trying to do their jobs. So there's nothing wrong with that.
    Yes, I didn't think that that was your opinion. Actually, only the first two sentences (the ones about your described situations being good) of my post were referring to you. The rest wasn't actually referring to anyone in particular.

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by PokemonTrainerLisa
    Random attendee who wants the original VAs back: "I can only say one thing to both of you. Why? Why did you accept that job offer to replace the original VAs?
    Then you should be equally pissed off at Eric Stuart from "stealing " the role of James from Ted Lewis. Or Maddie Blaustein for "stealing" the role of Meowth from...whoever did the voice of Meowth for the first 29 episodes. Or Mike Pollock for "stealing" the role of the narrator from the old narrator guy. Or Jenny's and Joy's new voice actress for "stealing" the roles from Megan Hollingshead. Or...
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 14th, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

Casidy's new voice actress "stealing" the role from_____. Or...

Water Pokémon Master

Webmaster of
    [PokéBeach]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast