You predictions for Pokemon Special HG/SS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: You predictions for Pokemon Special HG/SS

Default You predictions for Pokemon Special HG/SS

So what do you all think/hope will happen in the HeartGold Soul Silver series? Do you think it will have Crystal become Kotone or do you think they will make Kotone her own character?

I personally hope that they make Kotone(who will no doubt be named Heart or Soul) her own character. I think this time they will focus on the New Elite four (AKA Koga, Will, Karen and Bruno) but whether or not they are a villianeous organization I'm unsure since it has already been done :/. It seems likely that there will be some focus on Arceus and how he's a pokegod and whatnot. I'm hoping for Pryce to return since he just dissapeared into time, but he could have easilly been sent forward into the future and has finally reached this point in time. The PokethlonDome should be interesting, it will probably end up being some training zone after a trainer gets his but kicked. Just for heck of it, I bet that the spikey-eared Pichu will appear and be caught by Soul/Heart. And the most important :D Silver will appear. And he and Gold will fight Clair and Lance in a dual battle.(Sadly he will have his redesigned look :/).

Blog Entries

Default Re: You predictions for Pokemon Special HG/SS

Considering that Leaf ended up being Blue in new clothes, I see no reason why the same won't happen with Kotone and Kris.

Blog Entries

I expect Crys to be wearing Kotone's clothes if only to avoid the redundancy of another Pokédex holder. Hidenori Kusaka seems to be one of the fans that view Kotone as Kris (like yours truly), judging by the fact that he named her "Crys" in one of his SoulSilver games.

I can see the saga beginning with Crys spending her time in the new Safari Zone catching Sinnoh-native Pokémon for Prof. Oak, and with Gold participating in Pokéthlon competitions while also breeding for baby Pokémon from later generations. I would hope that that that would get done with fairly quickly so that the story can become serious early on.

I personally hope that Arceus will have some part in the Platinum saga in relation to the Hall of Origin. I would not want it to be in the focus of the HGSS saga in the same manner as Deoxys in FRLG, particularly because Arceus is old news at this point and the games are very elaborate about its backstory. In contrast, Deoxys was just being introduced when the FRLG began, and it was genuinely mysterious due to no background being provided by the games. Of course, this is not to say that the Shinto Ruins won't be seen.

I'd like for the 10 Pokédex who were united in the Emerald series to all be present in Johto, for one reason: Sird. My prediction is that Sird will be shown to have manipulated Cyrus and Charon as she did with Giovanni, Maxie and Archie, and it will become clear that she is always looking for pawns. In some mysterious way, she always knows where to find lost souls to do her bidding, and for every calamity averted another disastrous plan is being hatched somewhere else. The Pokédex holders will rationalize that this cycle will never stop unless they gain the upper hand over Sird, which seems impossible without understanding anything about her.

The answer lies in Johto, or more particularly in its ancient relics. The reason that Sird always knows what will happen and when, is that she is a time traveler. She has been to so many time periods that her exact origin cannot be gauged, but she always has the means to know what is going to happen in a certain time period by seeing the consequences of its immediate future. She is, in short, the human counterpart of Celebi, for she does not rely on Celebi to move through time (unlike Pryce). She considers it her duty to see to it that perilous events happen as they are meant to happen; she has no remorse since she does not believe that those events are the results of her own doing. She is merely an observer.

Celebi has long been aware of Sird's interference with history. While anything that Sird has already done is set in stone, there are still many events of which Sird is not aware because they are shrouded in mystery. When the outcome of an event is ambiguous, Sird has to take an active role in that event to shape the outcome as she deems fit. As it turns out, the events of the FRLG saga were an example of this, and the holders' ability to essentially prove Sird wrong about the outcome of those events, infuriated her. This is why she turned five of them into stone, but that attempt was futile.

In my eyes, the premise of the HGSS saga should be time travel as experienced by the ten Pokédex holders. Ruby's connection to Celebi will be used for this, but the HGSS games establish that the Ilex Forest shrine can induce time travel without Celebi being present. Unfortunately, the only example for time travel in HGSS is the Giovanni event, which definitely can't be adapted here. But the writers should be able to use events from Johto's past that are only alluded to, and turn them into a proper story.

A black and white world Blackjack Gabbiani's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Manipulated Cyrus? Enabled him ferociously sure, but I can't see manipulation on that scale working with him.

Nor with Charon either, at least not entirely. Not getting him to that point, but she could be the tipping point with the whole "now that he's out of the picture, it's your turn" thing.

Blog Entries

The idea is that she knew what they would do before they set out to do it. They were mere instruments as far as she was concerned.

That is definitely what she did with Maxie and Archie, and is probably not far from being the case for Giovanni. She most likely views Cyrus and Charon as pawns, as well.
    Last edited by Silktree; 4th December 2009 at 11:12 AM.

A black and white world Blackjack Gabbiani's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well, it *has* been theorized that there was a previous Galactic leader, given that dialogue in the game would have had the team at full function five years ago, when Cyrus was twenty-two. And even in a franchise set up around the exploits of ten year olds, that's still pushing it.

Blog Entries

That could be an interesting possibility. But technically, I would say that Sird is younger than Cyrus (once the time skips are accounted for).

Both Cyrus and Charon will most likely have been stopped by the time the HGSS story begins. The Special writers should try to make Sird look above all the leaders, being independent, insightful and extremely unpredictable. I think that making her be a time traveler would be the best way to go about that.

In the end of the Emerald series, Sird made a reference to one of the tales from Sinnoh's folklore regarding the sword she gave to Archie. I would like to think that that is because she witnessed the event spoken of in the tale.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Aside from all that Kotone/Kris debate, I simply can't associate Kotone's clothes with Crystal's personality. Those cute, jailbaity clothes are n00bish in every aspect. Crystal is a pro. She's simply too good to wear them.

If Kusaka really makes Kotone being a redress of Crystal, it'll be only not to create yet another Pokedex Holder. Special's "rules" are way more strict that anime's. Of course not unbreakable. It's all up to Kusaka.

But I can already see the flamewar on Bulbapedia whether Kotone's (game) page should be merged with Kris or not. Moving the page, then moving it again. GOD! I already fear it. But if Kotone was made as a new character in PokeSpe, the fandom would become a peaceful place again...

I hope that Kotone and Kris are separate. I don't see that thing in Q&A section (which UL mentioned) as an ultimate proof. I also like the idea of "Kotone" being Kris's junior, her apprentice.

I can see Chermaine and Keane being Athena and Apollo. The situation is less analogical to Kris-Kotone thing as it seems. The fact that they are supposed to be same characters (in the games at least) is practically confirmed. And it would be pretty hard (and weird) to use them together in one manga. Unless they just put Apollo & Athena as new character and act like Chermaine & Keane never existed. But I hope not. It's not in Kusaka's style. It's in anime's style.

Lance and Lambda has to appear too. As new characters, though.

Pryce must return, obviously. They gave him such ending that they CAN'T just ignore them. Whatever you say, he'll return.

More Silver/Giovanni, probably.

Shinto Ruins & Arceus. Definitely.

Spiky-Ear & Pikachu-Colored Pichus having a role.

Pokethlon and Johto Safari Zone being involved.

Kyogre and the Hidden Tower, maybe.

Some of new characters appearing: Baoba (with the existence of Safari Zone he's pretty much given), Kobushi (with the existence of Pokethlon he's also pretty much given), Photographer Genzo (I can see everyone taking a photo at the very end of the arc)

Some of old characters who were axed in GSC arc appearing: Buena (I'd love to see her appear SOMEWHERE), Kimono Girls (with their expanded role in HGSS it's not impossible), Mr. Pokemon (he's involved in the Hidden Tower thing [he gives the player the orbs] but they replaced him with Oak completely in GSC. But who said that he can't appear?), Elder Li (not likely but who knows), Floria from Goldenrod Florist (if Shaymin's somewhat involved then pretty possible), Day Siblings (I'd love to see them but there's no role for them).

Blog Entries

If you just care about Crys' clothes, just hope for a third game to be released that will rectify that. Wishing for Kotone to be used as a Wally-like character doesn't seem very right when there are so many past characters, though.

I can see Chermaine and Keane being Athena and Apollo.
    Sird could use those two and Lance and Lambda as her new pawns. They are already familiar with the mechanics of time travel and may be seeking Pryce; perhaps it will be revealed that Sird came up with Pryce's GS Ball plan many years ago.

Kimono Girls (with their expanded role in HGSS it's not impossible)
    The Kimono Girls are the most important characters in HGSS as far as the story is concerned. They should definitely appear and help correct the holders' impression of Lugia and Ho-Oh as foes.

Mr. Pokemon (he's involved in the Hidden Tower thing [he gives the player the orbs] but they replaced him with Oak completely in GSC.
    He should be acquainted with Ruby, as the game character alludes to receiving the orbs from a friend in Hoenn, who is most likely the player character that used to live in Johto (Ruby in the manga).

Quote Originally Posted by Unown Lord View Post
    If you just care about Crys' clothes, just hope for a third game to be released that will rectify that. Wishing for Kotone to be used as a Wally-like character doesn't seem very right when there are so many past characters, though.
    I don't like her complete overhaul, her hair is too.... whimsical for her character. Plus she looks like a Mario cosplayer with her clothes >>, but like I said, I doubt that she'll be her own character.

Sird could use those two and Lance and Lambda as her new pawns. They are already familiar with the mechanics of time travel and may be seeking Pryce; perhaps it will be revealed that Sird came up with Pryce's GS Ball plan many years ago.
    I think it'd be better if she just lead him to becoming the Mask of Ice by her being the one who killed the two lapras when he was younger. Lamba would be the most helpful because of his skills of disguise. A show down between him and Janie or Blue(girl) would be cool since they are all masters of disguise.

It should be YOUR predictions, not "You". :p (Beware, I tend to alternate between Jap. and Eng. names.)

tl;dr post: I think the HGSS arc will probably be like the GSC arc where it has many things and several plots going on at once[/tl;dr]

Long Post:The Crys-Kotone discussion has been beaten like a dead horse, oh well. Unlike Wally/Misturu, Kotone is a main protagonist. As much as I hate to admit it, Misturu is not a main hero or rival. Giving Kotone a small role wouldn't be right. There's also speculation that she'll be MAISY (Kurt's granddaughter) in new clothes despite Maisy being much much younger compared to the other dex holders and her appearing in HGSS side by side with Kotone.

And then people also think that it will be Crys in new clothes because Kotone doesn't have a "game" name...even though I think Kotone will be Crys in new clothes, that reason makes no sense. The only ones who had game counterparts that had game names were Red, Green, and Leaf (Blue). Everyone else in the game-verse has a normal name, even though some people are misleaded that Hibiki's name is Gold, I'd think people would know at least know that Yuki, May, Kouki, Hikari, and Jun aren't named Ruby, Sapphire, Dia, Platina, and Pearl in the games and come to a conclusion that she could be named Heart/Soul.

If he wants to introduce Kotone as a new character (Heart), then he'll also have to create a Soul. Kusaka tries to avoid introducing Special-original characters as much as possible, so even if he thinks Kotone and Kris are seperate, it will be too much trouble. Unless he bases Soul on Hibiki, which would be crazy since both Gold and him would be two seperate main characters that look exactly alike. Maybe the anime could pull it off since Kenta hasn't appeared in ages, is a very minor character, and other reasons. But for Special? No. Add up the fact that Crys has brown (or brownish black) hair in the Emerald arc and it being easier to introduce a new character, it's quite obvious what the answer is.

I don't get the bitching about the new clothes, they honestly look much better than the old ones. (Seriously, a yellow swimming cap?) If they look silly in general, wouldn't they also look silly on Heart (if she's a seperate character), too? They're just clothes. I can't believe people who are Crys fans would rather have her replaced than be wearing Kotone's clothes..(I know that are some that want to them to both have a role in it, but there are some that would prefer that option.)

Enough of the Crys-Kotone stuff, about the actual arc, I can see Arceus being the main Pokemon. I doubt it will have a major role in the Platinum arc, maybe it will be mentioned and make an appearance at the end, but it probably won't be a big role since there are several legendaries that Kusaka is waiting to uncover in that arc (Heatran, Giratina Orign Forme, Shaymin, Darkrai, etc.) It wouldn't be right to let the last Pokemon of the 4th generation who's only the creator having little time to shine. I'm sure Kusaka is wanting to create some interesting plots around Arceus. Plus, the descendants of the Kimono Girls were priestess of his. The Kimono Girls never appeared in the GSC arc, aside from a cameo. They should defintely have a big role here. Ho-Oh and Lugia will probably make another appearance as well as the Beasts. (It has Suicune, and there's Eusine who stalks Suicune) I can see Celebi having a large role, but not as large as Arceus. The Dragon Trio could also appear due to the Shinto Ruins event and the fact Kusaka will most likely steal "borrow" aspects from Movie 12. It was unknown what happened to Mewtwo at the end of FRLG, so that issue should be unsealed. With the Hidden Tower and the Weather Trio, I can see Kusaka might as well including all legendaries in the arc since the actual games have myriads of Legendaries.

I can't see Akagi/Cyrus and Pluto/Charon as Sird/Storc/Saki's pawns, if anyone from Galactic/Ginga-dan is a pawn of hers, I'd say Jupiter. It makes a lot more sense than Jupiter being that thing Sird in disguise.

Maybe Sird does have a relation to Cyrus, she looks like him and she is obviously a member of Galactic. (Archie's last words ring a bell?) But I'm starting to get sick of her, so I'm hoping her story concludes in the HGSS arc and doesn't show up again with a new villian replacing her as the main villan. Speaking of Galactic, I wouldn't be surprised if they made an appearance in this arc. Like Mars being revealed that she's Silver's sister.

Lance and Lambda should appear, as well as Athena and Apollo in some form. However, I'm not too keen on Keane and Chermaine being Athena and Apollo. (Awful pun not intended, Dia and Pearl would be proud if it was.) I mean, how could Chermaine give birth at twelve? Giovanni will appear as well, just not as a villian. I smell more daddy issues with Silver. Possibly mommy issues and sibling issues as well.

As for Gym Leaders, Pyrce will obviously appear. Eusine (he was a gym leader in the past as revealed in HGSS) and Morty should also re-appear. Eusine could again have a big role in the arc. The New Elite Four and past Mask of Ice Children could be touched upon. I'd also like there to be a Gym Leader reunion as crazy as it sounds. There hasn't been one in years, and the Gym Leaders's apperance in HGSS might be their last, I can see why there wasn't one in the FRLG arc and Emerald arc. (The Kanto leaders can't de-age.) But the GLs recieved vast redesigns and again it could be their last appearance not to mention the HGSS arc will be the last PokeSpe arc of the 4th generation, the GSC arc doesn't jusitfy as a final appearance and it wouldn't be fair for the GLS either. The Emerald arc was okay, but it didn't feel "final" and could of been better. Jasmine/Mikan only got a cameo in the DP arc, she deserves more than that.

Pikachu-Colored Pichu and Spiky-Ear Pichu will probably appear, I hope they have minor roles. Baoba and Kobushi will probably show up as well advertising the Pokethlon Dome and Safari Zone in Johto. Genzo taking everyone's picture at the end is a good idea, I can see him being acquainted with Todd Snap. The old NPCS Maxim mentioned should also appear in the HGSS arc, though it would be awesome if Copycat and Juggler Mike/Irwin appeared.

Steven/Daigo and Cynthia/Shirona should appear as well since they appear in the actual games.Since I'm betting that Arceus will the main Pokemon, the Shinto Ruins shouldn't be avoided. The Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina eggs could be given to Gold, Silver, and Crys seperately temporarily under their care.

Possibily an explanation why the Sinnoh BF is in Johto? Perhaps it flies like the Battle Pyramid in the anime? Maybe instead of traveling via ship and plane like normal people, the Brains are crazy awesome enough to make the entire Battle Frontier a rigged flying mecha. That could be the method the Sinnoh dex holders use to go to Johto.

Lastly, there should be a Dex Holder reunion. Red and Green will obviously appear, Blue and Yellow could tag along with them or be introduced in the arc seperately. Ruby and Sapphire could appear with Steven or Mr.Pokemon. Dia, Pearl, and Platina could arrive from the BF or they show up with Cynthia in the Shinto Ruins. [/long post]

Is that all?
    Last edited by Flare Blitz; 5th December 2009 at 06:25 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ngaurhoth1 View Post
    I think it'd be better if she just lead him to becoming the Mask of Ice by her being the one who killed the two lapras when he was younger.
    I like that line of thinking. You obviously see some potential in my idea.

Sird doesn't have to be the mastermind behind everything - she could just be in the right place at the right time to make sure that these leaders do what they are supposed to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Raine
    Eusine (he was a gym leader in the past as revealed in HGSS)
    That's actually a misconception due to PokéBeach. The person who used to be Ecruteak's Gym Leader is an old man who is found outside the Burned Tower. He could be Eusine's grandfather, who is said to be very knowledgeable about Johto's folklore, considering that that man goes into more detail about the Burned Tower's background than the other residents (but then again, Eusine doesn't live in Ecruteak City).

I think it would be wrong to make Arceus the main Pokémon when it has no direct ties to Johto (the Kimono Girls might have inherited the dance ritual from the tribe who built the Shinto Ruins, but they don't worship Arceus). It would have been a perfectly reasonable decision if the arc had started this year, but 2010 is going to capitalize on other characters. Obviously, this doesn't have to influence Pokémon Special which is very behind, but I do think it will prompt the writers to focus on Arceus in the Platinum arc where it really belongs. They will have to juggle between many legendaries in both series, but it would make more sense not to carry over the Dragon trio to yet another saga (at least not extensively).

The Shinto Ruins event could be a crossover between the Platinum and HGSS stories. I think it will be adapted quite loosely from HGSS because it is not very exciting to witness the birth of a single member of the Dragon Trio when three of them already exist. If they have to be re-born (rather than the original creation being seen through time travel), giving them to Gold, Crys and Silver would be rather anticlimactic (what would they do with them?). On another note, it would make sense for at least Platinum to be present alongside Cynthia, which she is not in the games.

Ultimately, the writers should focus on things from the games that have been left vague, and most of Arceus' background is fairly clear-cut. There are two questions left hanging: 1) Why did it banish Giratina to the Distortion World?; 2) How is it connected to the Unown? The first question should be addressed during the Platinum saga, and the latter should definitely be left for the HGSS series to answer, but it is hard to see how it will unless Game Freak provide more details about the legend of the Ruins of Alph.

I do question if the writers are going to take a different approach with the story this time around, though. I have always felt that the legendary Pokémon lack a certain depth and that their mythology is not highlighted enough. Ho-Oh and Lugia are a classic example of this, but even Dialga and Palkia appear to be fighting just for the sake of it. Unless that changes, I'm probably going to end up being indifferent to this saga just I have been to all the rest.
    Last edited by Silktree; 5th December 2009 at 01:32 PM.

Blog Entries

Sird will return and use Mewtwo, whom see appears to have caught when the Pokédex Holders were turned to stone, against the Johto fighters (or this could occur in the Platinum series against all the Pokédex Holders, seeing as they always seem to gather in the "third" game).

Deoxys could take the Veilstone meteorites and drop them off in Route 3, both to match the games, and to remain close to Red.

Soul is a new character who has come to visit her Grandmother and Grandfather, the Day-care people, only to be dragged into the adventure by Gold mistaking her for Crystal.

Due to the Time and Space Deities being summoned in Diamond and Pearl, Pryce could make a return, since he was only lost in time and no further mention of his fate has been made (Anyone notice they only said you can't ENTER Time without dying and Gold only assumed that destroying the GS Ball would have the same effects. They seemed perfectly fine when there was no more Silver and Rainbow Wings in the area.) Same with Maxie and Archie, who were lost in Space, and the Three Legends of Hoenn, Kyogre, Groudon and Rayquaza are in HeartGold/SoulSilver, while the manga seems to make use of such extras.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Instrutilus View Post
    (or this could occur in the Platinum series against all the Pokédex Holders, seeing as they always seem to gather in the "third" game).
    But that would mean that the HGSS saga would be shorter than the Platinum one, which I don't see happening. It'll get started about a year later and will most likely be at least as long as the Platinum arc, so it will end last.

As for a third game being the one to close the curtains on the current generation... Let's just say that if that happens again, that game won't be Platinum, and this saga will not be simply called HGSS.

Blog Entries

But that would mean that the HGSS saga would be shorter than the Platinum one, which I don't see happening. It'll get started about a year later and will most likely be at least as long as the Platinum arc, so it will end last.

As for a third game being the one to bring an end to the generation... Let's just say that if that happens again, it won't be via Platinum.
    I never said it would end the series, just for some reason the Dex Holders have gathered in the third game saga.

They gathered in Yellow, which is recognized by the English speaking countries as the third game, in the Crystal saga when it was added to the Gold and Silver saga and then in the Emerald saga. All of these were the "third" game, and even if you try to disprove Yellow, let me point out they gathered in Blue (albeit the plot was focused on them and they were the only Dex Holders by then, the point still stands.)

My theory for this is that since the story has already been told, the writers take advantage of the lack of storyline and bring in the OlDex Holders. The only reason this doesn't occur in remakes is because they add areas in (FR/LG = Sevii Islands), so the HeartGold and SoulSilver saga will be set in the Battle Frontier or the 2 new Routes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast