Would you like to see more manga that explore different aspects of the series?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would you like to see more manga that explore different aspects of the series?

Blog Entries

Default Would you like to see more manga that explore different aspects of the series?

It seems like most adaptations follow the same basic story.

Boy has a Pokemon, he fights stuff, enter action-shonen-stuff here. Added bonus if its a direct adaptation of the games.

When the series was still young, the manga had somewhat more variety. Pokewake, Magical Journey, the 4koma, Pocket Monsters..

BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Would you like to see more manga that explore different aspects of the series?

We have the new series, Pokemon ReBURST...

Blog Entries

Default Re: Would you like to see more manga that explore different aspects of the series?

It's still the same formula as before, just replacing typical Pokemon with.. Whatever happens in that manga; turning into Pokemon mixed with Pokemon battles.
    Last edited by Somari; 4th August 2011 at 10:33 PM.

Blog Entries

A more in depth Mystery Dungeon manga would be nice, or at least something that focused on the Pokemon themselves.

4koma isn't real manga, at least not in this dojo *points at forehead*
    but yes I'd love to see a manga that focuses on interactions between gym leaders... like the trainer cards in the gym leader set had different scenes of like Blaine and Brock during the quizzes....
    poke supe kinda hit on that a little but I'd like ot see it more in depth
    [/URL]

Blog Entries

I'd like to see a manga from the PoV of a Pokémon. It would be really interesting to see how Pokémon feel when captured/inside their Pokéball.
    Trapinch is claimed || I was once IceKyurem/Rainbowkit || Avvy by King Corpse

Gaiz and galz, if you like Inazuma Eleven, I reccomend joining the Inazuma Eleven Fan forum. It's like BMGf, but instead of being for Pokémon it's for I11. Oh yeah, and it's not as big as BMGf.

I like the idea of a series that focuses on the Gym Leaders/E4. It could go over what it takes to get to their position, how they manage their duties, and their authority/ability leaves them in a perfect situation to have very intense battle sequences and antagonists set up. Otherwise, as others have mentioned, a series told from the perspective of a Pokémon would be an interesting change.

A black and white world Blackjack Gabbiani's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yes. Heck yes.

I think that was a reason DPA was so popular among Galactic fans, because although the series as a whole focused on a semi-typical trainer, the focus was more on the villain plot rather than the badge quest and fleshed out the evil team into actual people along the way. But it was still, at its heart, the adventures of the main trainer doing what we all do in the games.

Maybe something focusing on a coordinator! And NOT as a sidequest alongside a trainer. They had a great opportunity with the Pokathalon but didn't take it.

*rules with cotton fist* Kayi-chan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I want a shojo interpretation of the Pokemon franchise. I wish something would pop up that appeals to my feminine interests too!

Unfortunately, it seems I'm stuck reading only fanfics to get my romance and my girl power plots and such...

2010/08/02: 4th chapter

More fanfiction at:
    Kayi S. Rowling's Library

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kayi-chan View Post
    I want a shojo interpretation of the Pokemon franchise. I wish something would pop up that appeals to my feminine interests too!

Unfortunately, it seems I'm stuck reading only fanfics to get my romance and my girl power plots and such...
    Pokemon Magical Journey, and Pocket Monsters Chamo Chamo Pretty. Look it up.

There really isn't a lot of 'new takes' that Pokemon manga haven't done before. But I guess the PoVs of Pokemon or the idea of Gym leaders'/E4's PoV would be good too. Personally I'm more up to a manga focusing on the gym leaders myself...

Theme set by Caprizant | Fan of Generation I.

Blog Entries
    Follow FANG-TAN On Twitter
    Visit FANG-TAN's Youtube Channel

A side story that places in the same universe as the games.

ぼくの一番大好きなアニメはCCさくらですよ。
    MY ANIME BLOG | YOUTUBE | TWITTER | JAPAN-BEST | SHANA

I'd like to see more original character designs as opposed to lazy copies.
    yeah.

Blog Entries

Yes, yes I would. I'm tired of seeing Pokemon Special which is basically a reinterpretation of the gameverse and other manga that basically reinterpret the games.

Pokemon has so much unlocked potential. Perhaps they could have a periphery manga to the games that explains back stories of some characters. If Looker was popular enough, why not a canon manga just for him? Or a manga that takes place in a more historical setting? Even manga based on concepts introduced by the TCG (like the lost zone or Holon) would be interesting. Not like this one, but one that takes place in-universe expanding interesting concepts brought by the TCG.

So yes, I would enjoy an atypical manga.

A black and white world Blackjack Gabbiani's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FANG-TAN View Post
    A side story that places in the same universe as the games.
    Most of the stories in How I Became A Pokemon Card take place alongside the video games.

A magical-girl Pokemon journey...only the male trainers would have magical abilities. >( That actually would be cute.

But, seriously, a coordinator manga! @A@ As long as the lead was a guy, I'd read such a Pokemon manga that focused on coordinators and contests!
    Signature is a WIP for the moment.
    For now, I have claimed: Mewtwo, Member's Card, Wide Lens, Honey Gather, and Psystrike.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast