What's your opinion on the other manga?
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What's your opinion on the other manga?

Default What's your opinion on the other manga?

I'm just going to pin-point a few easy to find ones.

Zensho.
    Golden Boys.
    Rangers.
    DPA.
    Theif 7.
    Magical'

Default Re: What's your opinion on the other manga?

I really wish Zensho had been translated... It looks very interesting.

I might try to find the French version of Get da Ze; I probably know enough French to get though it.

Resident Nympho Princess of Lumas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I was actually really interested in Golden Boys, but it wasn't published in english.
    Ryou Bakura, Yami Bakura, and I live together in Lief's bedroom. Back off

BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries

Yes it was

but in Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Vulpes View Post
    I know the first chapter has been scanlated but no other chapter has sadly.

GB was translated into English? ..I need to buy it. I thought it was another language.
    Last edited by Somari; 7th October 2010 at 02:10 PM.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

I liked Zensho because it would go a it into the gym leader's lifes (a bit repetitive after a while) but I would have loved if they had translated it and even expand it 2-3 more volumes.

The Golden Boys manga... I haven't had an experience with this manga and it's 3 volumes so it could probably be passed and translated (Hell, the Electric Tale was 4 volumes).

I don't recall any of Ranger manga being made into volumes.

DPA, it looks good but I haven't had an experience with this manga as well.

I would like it if they pull an Adventures on Magical Journey. That way all the volumes are published and are much easier to access...

I would have liked if Pokémon Thief 7 was published because it had a good arc but what sucked about this series that it was one volume and the creator just moved onto the next series, Tri-Adventures or whatever.

Bulbapedia Editorial Board Zesty Cactus's Avatar Bulbapedia Deputy Editor-in-Chief
    Blog Entries

I might try to find the French version of Get da Ze; I probably know enough French to get though it.
    Ahahahaha that is my life ambition too! I've been haphazardly trying to improve my French so I would really like to read GDZ. :P I have been reading Sailor Moon in French though XD

Quote Originally Posted by Princess of Sorrows View Post
    I was actually really interested in Golden Boys, but it wasn't published in english.
    It was translated by Chuang Yi in Singapore, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by BoredPikachu! View Post
    I liked Zensho because it would go a it into the gym leader's lifes (a bit repetitive after a while) but I would have loved if they had translated it and even expand it 2-3 more volumes.

The Golden Boys manga... I haven't had an experience with this manga and it's 3 volumes so it could probably be passed and translated (Hell, the Electric Tale was 4 volumes).

I don't recall any of Ranger manga being made into volumes.

DPA, it looks good but I haven't had an experience with this manga as well.

I would like it if they pull an Adventures on Magical Journey. That way all the volumes are published and are much easier to access...

I would have liked if Pokémon Thief 7 was published because it had a good arc but what sucked about this series that it was one volume and the creator just moved onto the next series, Tri-Adventures or whatever.
    I've always thought that now, when HGSS is still current, would be a good time to release Golden Boys in North America. It's only 3 volumes so it could probably be finished before B&W, too.

AFAIK the Ranger mangas haven't been published in book form (except for the movie 9 adaptation, but that doesn't count)

Also, I def. recommend DPA! if you get a chance to read it. :3

lol i hate that PTP7 is labeled "#1" but there's only one. i wish VIZ would translate it D;

I've only really read DPA and Magical. I read Magical first and it's such a cute little story. It's like the perfect balance of love and Pokemon. I love Hazel and Almond's relationship in the manga since it reminded me of the relationship I once had with a close friend. As for DPA, while not my favorite, it does have it's moments. I like Hareta's randomness and Mitsumi's scolding of him :3
    3DS Friend Code: 3840-7529-9951 IGN: Sammy
    Friend Safari: Sunkern, Sawsbuck, Quilladin.

A black and white world Blackjack Gabbiani's Avatar
    Blog Entries

DPA is awesome and win and you all should read it right now.

Also I'm sick of people dividing the manga into "Special" and "everything else" and just assuming that everyone else does too.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Mask Marauder View Post
    Also I'm sick of people dividing the manga into "Special" and "everything else" and just assuming that everyone else does too.
    It depresses me to see topics about Special flourishing while topics about manga OTHER than Special languish, ignored and unloved.

I liked Pokemon 7, the ending seemed a bit rushed though. The premise was awesome, I wish they hadn't latched on to the main-series plot by having Team Galactic there.

Yeah, that portion of Team Galactic seemed nothing like the ones in the games, so why couldn't they just create their own evil organization?

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Mask Marauder View Post
    That's the way the fandom thinks sadly. It's Pokespe, the anime, the main games, and some side games. Maybe Electric Tale too, but all other manga are obscure.

It's quicker to group them together for this topic since most are short, you can talk about which manga you have read instead of a specific one you've probably only seen a few scans of, and it's better then making a dozen topics.

I loved Galactic in Theif 7. That has to be my favorite depiction of them.

And, you know, Zensho had great potential but the battles just sucked; They were like one panel of bore each..Plus Satoshi obtained most of his Pokemon through gym leaders, right? I'm surprised he leveled up his Pokemon on his journey. But it served a different purpose from the other manga really; It delved into character development and everyone's lives. I'm disappointed at Giovanni's portrayal but I love moe!Sabrina.
    Last edited by Somari; 7th October 2010 at 02:18 PM.

It depresses me to see topics about Special flourishing while topics about manga OTHER than Special languish, ignored and unloved.
    Can you blame people for thinking that way? Not only is Special one of the most available Pokemon manga(I haven't read anything other than DPA! and EOTP mentioned in this thread), but it's original and it goes through all Gens/is on-going(so obviously you'll see more threads about it - more content = more discussion). I understand why one would dislike it since it's been slacking as of late. But just because it's over popular doesn't mean it's bad, especially in comparison to the other manga in this thread, so having Special as the most popular Pokemon manga doesn't seem like a problem IMO.

Anyway, I'd say DPA! was awesome. It's a totally unexpected take on the DP games; definitely one of the more original titles. As for EOTP, it was a pretty awesome spin on the anime. I especially liked the realistic art of the monsters themselves.
    "95% of the people who are able to read kana think that this automatically makes them know the entire Japanese language, as opposed to actually knowing little more than a first-year student of the language. If you are one of the 5% of that population who believes that being able to read kana is not impressive at all, copy and paste this into your sig."

BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NeoKING View Post
    Can you blame people for thinking that way? Not only is Special one of the most available Pokemon manga(I haven't read anything other than DPA! and EOTP mentioned in this thread), but it's original and it goes through all Gens/is on-going(so obviously you'll see more threads about it - more content = more discussion). I understand why one would dislike it since it's been slacking as of late. But just because it's over popular doesn't mean it's bad, especially in comparison to the other manga in this thread, so having Special as the most popular Pokemon manga doesn't seem like a problem IMO.

Anyway, I'd say DPA! was awesome. It's a totally unexpected take on the DP games; definitely one of the more original titles. As for EOTP, it was a pretty awesome spin on the anime. I especially liked the realistic art of the monsters themselves.
    Although it can sometimes get too real

like someone learned

You know, that's EXACTLY what came to mind when I made that post.
    "95% of the people who are able to read kana think that this automatically makes them know the entire Japanese language, as opposed to actually knowing little more than a first-year student of the language. If you are one of the 5% of that population who believes that being able to read kana is not impressive at all, copy and paste this into your sig."

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast