What's the most popular Pokemon manga in Japan?

Thread: What's the most popular Pokemon manga in Japan?

Blog Entries

Default What's the most popular Pokemon manga in Japan?

Outside of Japan it's defiantly Special. Most Pokemon fans don't even know there is another manga.

However in Japan..Which is it?

Some people say Pocket Monsters however that can't be it. Where's the fanart and scans? You never hear of it. It's defiantly the longest of the manga but that doesn't make it the most popular.

I read the previous topic about this but all it was about was saying the manga isn't the most popular. Than which is?

Also, how popular were the other manga in Japan? Like the card one, DPP Adventures, or Golden Boys.

Any chance of any of them being released in NA? It can't be that hard to get copyrights to even the card one, and I've seen a lot of older manga being released.
    Pokemon Special is being rereleased and translated completely and The Legend of Zelda's manga, which came out in 1998, has been officially being released outside of Japan since 2008, ten years after it began.

Default Re: What's the most popular Pokemon manga in Japan?

From what I know, I believe that Special is still most popular in Japan. the general rule with manga is that once it makes it big outside of Japan (most particularly AMERICA)
    so yeah, I would also say that Pocket Monster and DP are gettin pretty popular
    [/URL]

I shot a god Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

Default Re: What's the most popular Pokemon manga in Japan?

Based on the fanart on Pixiv, it's the Special.

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.