What If DPA! WAS the DP arc of Special ?

Thread: What If DPA! WAS the DP arc of Special ?

Default What If DPA! WAS the DP arc of Special ?

Could you imagine? And yes, this thread was made out of my desire to have Shigetsu Ihara draw Special after Satoshi. But gee, DPA! rrrrrrrrrrrroooooooooccckkkksssssss!! Seriously, I recommend it. I really wouldn't have minded if it was Special-canon.
    "95% of the people who are able to read kana think that this automatically makes them know the entire Japanese language, as opposed to actually knowing little more than a first-year student of the language. If you are one of the 5% of that population who believes that being able to read kana is not impressive at all, copy and paste this into your sig."

追放されたバカ
    Keepin' mah prized red Duskull caged up?! Ya bet your ass.
    Blog Entries

Default Re: What If DPA! WAS the DP arc of Special ?

I actually prefer the DP arc's art to this one (not as good as Mato's RGB style), though in terms of setting they're equal(ly generic). It'd surely end up better than the HGSS arc with its lack of decency to use anything but the usual Rocket lusting after some legendary that they (probably) end up capturing with no references to the Giovanni event or the Goldenrod RT takeover that they didn't cover in GSC when the bastard is missing. I hate all Battle frontier-inspired arcs and series (though only the Emerald arc has pissed me off the most when it comes to Special-original arcs), so I've yet to form an opinion on Platinum's screentime hogging there.

So Platinum...?

That would be awesome.

I like goofy little Dia and oblivious little Hareta on their own, so I'll pass though.

追放されたバカ
    Keepin' mah prized red Duskull caged up?! Ya bet your ass.
    Blog Entries

Yeah, none of the manga should crossover with each other, really. If we brought those shoujo manga or Pocket Monsters into the equation (amongst other things), it's sure to result in a huge, tangled mess.

A black and white world Blackjack Gabbiani's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I want to see more Ihara in general. I wish they'd release his Battle Frontier and movie 8 manga in English.

Although I can't see him working on Special, given his tendency to leave out key characters (Volkner in DPA, Brandon in Battle Frontier...)