Wayne/Hayate - Gold's Father?

Thread: Wayne/Hayate - Gold's Father?

Blog Entries

Default Wayne/Hayate - Gold's Father?

For those who don't know, Hayate(aka Wayne, in the Chaung Yi version) is a one-time character who appeared in Pokemon Special. He was Chuck's friend and an air pilot appearantly. But look at his design - doesn't he look like an older Gold?

Though... chances are... he's Falkner's dad. But wasn't Falkner's dad already a Gym Leader once? And according to Chuck, Hayate was strong enough to beat all 8 Johto Gym Leaders and easily become one himself, IF he ever wanted to meaning he's never been one before.
    Last edited by Bakutaro; 4th August 2010 at 01:18 AM.

Default Re: Wayne/Hayate - Gold's Father?

Oddly enough Falkner's japanese name is "Hayato" so "Hayate" might be his father?
    [/URL]

*rules with cotton fist* Kayi-chan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Wayne as Gold's father? Sorry, but no.

The fact he has the design of the Zephyr Badge all over, as well as his Japanese name and other minor details, keep telling me that it's not possible for him to be related to any other than Falkner (whether or not he's his dad, though, I wouldn't know)

...anyways, he only appeared once. I don't think we were meant to care.

2010/08/02: 4th chapter

More fanfiction at:
    Kayi S. Rowling's Library

BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries

*facepalm*

It should've been obvious with the whol zephyr badge and the shiloutte of falkner that he is Falkners dad...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pika View Post
    *facepalm*

It should've been obvious with the whol zephyr badge and the shiloutte of falkner that he is Falkners dad...
    You act like the manga can't do a damn twist, sheesh -_-. It's called a freaking Red Herring ya' know. Also, I never really noticed a Zephyr Badge design or even remember a silhoutte of Falkner for fuck's sake.

Haha! I don't read the manga, because every time I'm in a bookstore I forget to look for it, but I've been looking into Falkner's father's identity for a short while.

Basically, Wayne is INENDED to be Falkner's father in the manga, BUT they opted against overtly stating it, just in case the games ever decide to introduce a different character identified as Falkner's father.

I don't think Wayne really looks like Gold, but it would be interesting if he was sowing his wild oats and it turns out that Falkner and Gold are half-brothers. I doubt it, though.