SPECIAL: VIZ to be releasing the RS chapters of Adventures? - Page 5
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: VIZ to be releasing the RS chapters of Adventures?

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Default Re: VIZ to be releasing the RS chapters of Adventures?

I'm happy they're continuing with Volume 15 instead of relabeling it as Volume 01.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on November 25th, 2014

4 Days To Go! Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Add Joshawott on Linkedin Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

There are only two words in the English language that can sum up how this makes me feel:

"Fuck" and "Yes"

Quote Originally Posted by Joshawott View Post
    There are only two words in the English language that can sum up how this makes me feel:

"Fuck" and "Yes"
    I'm still searching sadly.

The fact that they're labeling this series starting with volume 15 leaves them in a bit of a hole when they get to the HeartGold/SoulSilver Chapter, doesn't it? Will they continue that from Diamond & Pearl/Platinum's numbering, or will they reset it to one? We'll see. At the very least, this retroactively rationalizes VIZ's decision to keep the "The Seventh Chapter" page in DP/Pt's volume 1.
    Do a barrel roll!

Quote Originally Posted by JB2448 View Post
    The fact that they're labeling this series starting with volume 15 leaves them in a bit of a hole when they get to the HeartGold/SoulSilver Chapter, doesn't it? Will they continue that from Diamond & Pearl/Platinum's numbering, or will they reset it to one? We'll see. At the very least, this retroactively rationalizes VIZ's decision to keep the "The Seventh Chapter" page in DP/Pt's volume 1.
    Here's your answer:
    http://store.viz.com/Pokmon-Adventures-Heart-Gold-Soul-Silver/A/1421559005.htm
    http://www.amazon.com/Pok%C3%A9mon-Adventures-Heart-Gold-Silver/dp/1421559005/

Super Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

I'm a bit surprised that they're going back to volume one for the HG/SS volumes, but they might try to do that with most of the later arcs if possible. They probably won't be able to do that with B/W since I think that the last bit of the HG/SS arc and the start of the B/W arc is in the same volume. Unless they put in the last chapter in the second volume to make it longer like what happened with volume 14, then I don't think that they'll start over again with labeling with the B/W. Still, I'm glad to see that they'll still release the HG/SS arcs. I still wish that they had kept with releasing the older volumes along with releasing the D/P/Pl volumes, if only so that most of the R/S volumes could have been released by now, but at least they're releasing them, so that's better than if they didn't do anything with them at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Mew View Post
    I'm a bit surprised that they're going back to volume one for the HG/SS volumes, but they might try to do that with most of the later arcs if possible. They probably won't be able to do that with B/W since I think that the last bit of the HG/SS arc and the start of the B/W arc is in the same volume. Unless they put in the last chapter in the second volume to make it longer like what happened with volume 14, then I don't think that they'll start over again with labeling with the B/W. Still, I'm glad to see that they'll still release the HG/SS arcs. I still wish that they had kept with releasing the older volumes along with releasing the D/P/Pl volumes, if only so that most of the R/S volumes could have been released by now, but at least they're releasing them, so that's better than if they didn't do anything with them at all.
    They could do what they did with volume 14 and take the last chapters from the last volume of HeartGold & SoulSilver and put it in the first Black and White volume as the first chapters.

Quote Originally Posted by Manga Reader X View Post
    They could do what they did with volume 14 and take the last chapters from the last volume of HeartGold & SoulSilver and put it in the first Black and White volume as the first chapters.
    That's true and I'm pretty sure that I mentioned that as the only way they could start off the B/W volumes as number one again. It would seem a bit too early to do that with HG/SS only being two volumes long in that case, but it's certainly possible.

4 Days To Go! Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Add Joshawott on Linkedin Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

So they're releasing HeartGold & SoulSilver too? Awesome.

Speaking of starting Black and White over as volume one....

Pokémon Adventures: Black and White, Vol. 1: Hidenori Kusaka, Satoshi Yamamoto: 9781421558981: Amazon.com: Books

I'm pretty excited about this development. Sure they're screwing up the numbers, but really, I'll take weirdly numbered versions as long as they actually come out! Although I'm thinking of trying to make custom numbered stickers to stick on the volumes to make some sort of consistency.

Sorry, you can not add yourself to your own ignore list.
    The Tr47 | The Website | The Art | The Journal
    Resident fan of Gary, Gligar and Ash's imaginary beard.

Quote Originally Posted by Joey View Post
    Speaking of starting Black and White over as volume one....

Pokémon Adventures: Black and White, Vol. 1: Hidenori Kusaka, Satoshi Yamamoto: 9781421558981: Amazon.com: Books

I'm pretty excited about this development. Sure they're screwing up the numbers, but really, I'll take weirdly numbered versions as long as they actually come out! Although I'm thinking of trying to make custom numbered stickers to stick on the volumes to make some sort of consistency.
    That's pretty awesome too. I didn't think that the first actual B/W volume would come out until late next year at the earliest for some reason, so I'm happy with it coming out earlier. I'm so happy that they're going to be releasing so many volumes of different arcs next year. I still wish that they didn't wait so long for the R/S volumes, but this almost makes up for that completely for me. I'll just have to save up more money to preorder them. The numbering system is kind of weird, but I'm perfectly okay with it as well as long as we actually get the volumes.

Blog Entries

This video just about sums up my feelings perfectly.

So
    Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold, Silver Vol 1-14
    Ruby/Sapphire 15-??
    Fire Red, Leaf Green, Emerald ??
    Diamond, Pearl, Platinum 1-??
    HeartGold & SoulSilver 1-??
    Black and white 1-??

That about right?
    Last edited by Lord Ferrok; 1st January 2013 at 05:03 PM.

So... how do you think certain scenes will be handled? You know, the ones...

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast